Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McCormick  (Read 53331 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 14:23:52 »

That one's easy. I won't be there or watching on telly so not an issue. I've got to detach from stfc while he's under contract.

Even if he’s only on the bench? Seems a bit extreme imo, but that’s your choice and that deserves respect.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 14:52:12 »

Even if he’s only on the bench? Seems a bit extreme imo, but that’s your choice and that deserves respect.
Only way I can do it. Will miss it massively but will be back when his contract ends. Shame but it's right for me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 14:58:12 »

Only way I can do it. Will miss it massively but will be back when his contract ends. Shame but it's right for me.
Fair play, I don't think I could do that with any player though, I support my club whoever is playing - I don't need to like the players or manager as long as they do the job.

I know a few people felt the same when PdC was in charge that they would never go while he was at the club, and fair play if you feel that way, at the end of the day its your choice if you go or not and not for anyone else to judge.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 16:12:20 »

In fairness I stopped going when McMoan & Rikki Khunt were at the club.

I missed the entire Div 3 championship season as I refused to go whilst they were there.

I went to the game after he was sacked but it took some time for me to get another Season Ticket, in fact it was Fitton’s cheap tickets that encouraged me to go regularly again.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 16:56:33 »

Fair play, I don't think I could do that with any player though, I support my club whoever is playing - I don't need to like the players or manager as long as they do the job.

I know a few people felt the same when PdC was in charge that they would never go while he was at the club, and fair play if you feel that way, at the end of the day its your choice if you go or not and not for anyone else to judge.
This.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Amir

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 17:08:55 »

In fairness I stopped going when McMoan & Rikki Khunt were at the club.

I missed the entire Div 3 championship season as I refused to go whilst they were there.

Really? I thought the fall out with the fans came much later than this, although I was young and relatively oblivious to anything outside of my own experience.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, July 15, 2018, 09:58:12 »

Didnt look convincing yesterday. Vigoroux on the other hand  was confident both in shot stopping and delivery, where his excellent pass set up our goal.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #97 on: Sunday, July 15, 2018, 10:03:41 »

Didnt look convincing yesterday. Vigoroux on the other hand  was confident both in shot stopping and delivery, where his excellent pass set up our goal.
You can't blame McCormick for being a bit nervous after everything written about him on social media and playing in front of our own fans for the first time.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, July 15, 2018, 10:37:24 »

McCormick has 300+ Football League appearances. If it wasn’t for the crime, he’d be universally considered the perfect cover for Vigouroux.

Alas...

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, July 15, 2018, 14:19:05 »

McCormick has 300+ Football League appearances. If it wasn’t for the crime, he’d be universally considered the perfect cover for Vigouroux.

Alas...

As far as i’m concerned he is. Royally fucked up, paid the price, did the time.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 08:58:04 »

I think it was a bad mistake by Brown to sign him, and if I had not already renewed my season ticket I might have had second thoughts about attending this season.

ust be the oldest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 09:44:20 »

You can't blame McCormick for being a bit nervous after everything written about him on social media and playing in front of our own fans for the first time.

Normal first game nerves. The rest is irrelevant.

You reckon he hasn't faced aced the same polarised views on him before or faced chants of "murderer" from away fans. He's chosen to continue his public career, he has had to deal with it from day 1 of going back into football.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 09:58:02 »

You reckon he hasn't faced aced the same polarised views on him before or faced chants of "murderer" from away fans. He's chosen to continue his public career, he has had to deal with it from day 1 of going back into football.
From fans of the opposition, yes, not so much from fans of the club he played for, Oxford and Plymouth fans didn't react as many Town fans did when they signed him, rightly or wrongly.

As I said before people are entitled to their own opinions as to whether we should have signed him or not but we have so have to deal with it in our own way.

As PB says "the incident should never be forgotten or overlooked"

“I hope and pray that supporters will allow the mistake that he made – and he knows all about and I know all about it – to be not overlooked, but he has served his time."

If you or anyone else chooses to not watch Swindon because of him then thats their perogative, for me its about him as a player for Swindon on the pitch now.

It is possible to argue that he should be locked away for life (which to some extent I agree with) but the judges have had their say and gave him a sentence which he has served and he has ended up here.

I wouldn't cheer his name, I won't boo him, I just hope he doesn't let the club down on the pitch (or off of it for that matter).

But if you/Chalkies/Reg etc choose not go go any more then thats your choice.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 16, 2018, 09:59:55 by Peter Venkman » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 10:34:05 »

Again, personally, I wouldn’t let any sort of fuckwit deprive me of the ‘enjoyment’ of STFC. The actual football might, but not a footballer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 11:39:10 »

But if you/Chalkies/Reg etc choose not go go any more then thats your choice.

I've not said that i'm not going, only that I am disgusted my already paid for season ticket is going towards his wage. And that I simply won't acknowledge his resistance.

And that wasn't the point of your post anyway. If you look around Twitter there are plenty of Oxford and Truro that reacted the same.

Only a few here, other examples can be found
https://twitter.com/OUFCOfficial/status/297125216499408896

We aren't different to any other football fans. Though many like to think we are somehow worse.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 16, 2018, 11:41:20 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: