Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38087 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 18:47:29 »

Well....say we’ve had 8 in our favour and only 5 go against us with 4 games left, do the ref’s get told? Also what happens if Newport are in a similar position on Saturday? It’s impossible to say. It’s just a statement that gets trotted out to basically tell people to stop moaning. The only thing that happens over the course of a season is that misstakes happen both ways and as a season is so long we’ve forgotten about many of them.

So no proper science just your instinct.... I wondered as when the authorities rattle on about VAR they trot out stats like referees get 96% of decisions correct, and they hope VAR will increase that by 2%.... acknowledging it will never be 100%.

I thought there might be some funky stat equation about the probablity of the 4%, being unevenly as opposed to evenly distributed over 24 sides throughout 1104 games they're involved in.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 21:08:28 »

So no proper science just your instinct.... I wondered as when the authorities rattle on about VAR they trot out stats like referees get 96% of decisions correct, and they hope VAR will increase that by 2%.... acknowledging it will never be 100%.

I thought there might be some funky stat equation about the probablity of the 4%, being unevenly as opposed to evenly distributed over 24 sides throughout 1104 games they're involved in.
In light of this Reg, can you provide some science to show that decisions even themselves out over the course of a season?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 22:22:14 »

So no proper science just your instinct....

Yep my instinct together with basic probability. I have more chance of winning the lottery this week than every club’s bad/unlucky decisions evening themselves out over this season.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 22:34:24 »

We are in a dangerous place, a likely lowest finish for 34 years.  Back then there was no Conference trap door....

This "lowest finish in 34 years" being written like it's a bubonic plague style of disaster is absolutley ridiculous. So our 8th places finishes either side of our "lowest place finish in 34 years" were total disasters?
Was finishing 3rd "our 3rd lowest finish in 23 years" a disaster? Was finishing 1st "our 4th lowest finish in 28 years" a disaster?

So if we make the play-offs, and it will become our 3rd lowest finish in 34 years will it be deemed terrible? I know you're negative Reg and we all have our reasons. I'll agree, we've been abject this season and largely devoid of true end product. Glimpses of glorious hope too but my god, you don't half put a negative twist on everything. You are who you are but if we got over 108pts you'd find a fault.

I'm not asking you to skip through a field of corn, wearing a bonnet while sucking on a lollipop but a bit of 'things that excite you' wouldn't go a miss.

Hmmm let me try because I know you're a decent man...ok, who has been your surprisingly decent player this season? (It may have just been once, that's fine) Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 22:45:34 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 23:48:31 »

This "lowest finish in 34 years" being written like it's a bubonic plague style of disaster is absolutley ridiculous. So our 8th places finishes either side of our "lowest place finish in 34 years" were total disasters?
Was finishing 3rd "our 3rd lowest finish in 23 years" a disaster? Was finishing 1st "our 4th lowest finish in 28 years" a disaster?

So if we make the play-offs, and it will become our 3rd lowest finish in 34 years will it be deemed terrible? I know you're negative Reg and we all have our reasons. I'll agree, we've been abject this season and largely devoid of true end product. Glimpses of glorious hope too but my god, you don't half put a negative twist on everything. You are who you are but if we got over 108pts you'd find a fault.

I'm not asking you to skip through a field of corn, wearing a bonnet while sucking on a lollipop but a bit of 'things that excite you' wouldn't go a miss.

Hmmm let me try because I know you're a decent man...ok, who has been your surprisingly decent player this season? (It may have just been once, that's fine) Smiley

Damage done last season.,..dreadful outcome.

IMO I have a club and team now worth going to see again. I stopped going towards the end, it was embarrassing.

Tuesday a great example as I actually enjoyed the game.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 07:02:54 »

yup, more enjoyable than last season for me too. shit, yes, but a team built for and trying it's best to get promotion. as a football team should.

it will still be the worst stfc team in terms of position I've ever seen. not dressing that up. if we got out the league I wouldn't care mind.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 07:38:06 »

Yup, totally agree with Flash and Batch. Last season was embarrassing and boring to watch at times. At least this team competes and we have some goal mouth action.

Our lowest league position for many a year but not the worst team in that time IMO.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 08:04:02 »

Our lowest league position for many a year but not the worst team in that time IMO.

Our lowest league position for some time and therefore clearly our worst team in years! The style of football has been terrible to watch, no one or two players to enjoy watching, nobody in that team with potential to do decently in league one.

Its interesting what different football fans value some times.

God knows why i have bought my season ticket for next season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 08:16:35 »

Comparing last season and this is like comparing dysentery to diarrhoea
adje

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 09:06:49 »

With no proof whatsoever I have to conclude that last season's team would have finished lower this season

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 09:15:13 »

Our lowest league position for some time and therefore clearly our worst team in years!
If the quality of the team is decided by league position then the teams that got us promoted from League 2 under Sturrock and Di Canio were, by your logic, "clearly" worse than the teams that had been relegated into League 2 the season before. Which is clearly not true. There's an argument to be made about how good/bad this team is and you're quite entitled to see them as the worst team in years (personally I don't think they're even the worst team in the last two years but that's only because last season's team were so terrible) but league position alone does not define this.

With you there. Actually I do know, it's because otherwise I'd have to do all those jobs I never find time for on a Saturday afternoon Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 09:24:49 »

Because next year will be our year ( (c) Scousers)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 09:34:39 »

Last year's team, if carried over to this season, would probably have been relegated again.

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 09:44:16 »

Of course the reality is somewhat different to the perception.... pointing out the bleeding obvious is not being negative. 

However you care to dress it up, currently the club is not in a good place.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #224 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 09:46:35 »

Absofuckinglutely, last season was not a team it was 11 poor individuals.

yup, more enjoyable than last season for me too. shit, yes, but a team built for and trying it's best to get promotion. as a football team should.

it will still be the worst stfc team in terms of position I've ever seen. not dressing that up. if we got out the league I wouldn't care mind.
I have enjoyed a fair few games this season and we are nowhere near as bad as some fans say we are and this side would beat last seasons side easily IMO.

You are lucky mate, when we were in this league under Beamish that was an absolute low, lowest finish, worst football, smallest crowds, utterly terrible and we could not see where the club was going until Lowndes Lambert put the money in for Macari.

I don't want to go back to those times ever.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: