Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon -v- Morecombe Matchday Thread.  (Read 31365 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 18:17:31 »

surprised by that Batch, they are dropping like a lead balloon

Don't get me wrong, they are far from convinced on Flitcroft (there is a "Flitcroft out!" thread). Just that they thought they were unlucky today, played well given they were down to 10, and saw a response compared to the FGR game.

They'll soon change if it continues for a week or two.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 19:15:36 »

Haha - I just took a look at the league table, hadn't paid much attention.  How the fuck are we still in the hunt after the last six or seven games!!!

Because every team in this league is bang average at best

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 19:17:53 »

Well done with the 11 up.  Win much?

Maybe I dodged a bullet with the BH traffic. That's it for 17/18.  Today's fixtures perfectly set up for a win to really move us into contention.  If you can't beat Morecambe (or even Morecombe) then......

Still awaiting a couple. Derby v Sunderland o9.5 corners (I think it's 4 after 30ish atm) and a Le Havre win. They're losing 1-0 against pretty much a bottom side. I might be shafter by my banker.

Do you use tippingsports at all?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 20:34:13 »

If you cannot beat Morecambe at home then you are not good enough to be in the top 7.

That’s the stark reality

You mean like Wycombe who lost to them 4-2 at home at the end of Feb?
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 21:13:29 »

Do you use tippingsports at all?

No I'm a very irregular better, mainly just every couple of months when I go racing. The Cheltenham festival was an exception although I am on holiday in lakes week after next so may have a few bets on Aintree festival.   I bet on football about once a year if that. 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 21:37:42 »

No I'm a very irregular better, mainly just every couple of months when I go racing. The Cheltenham festival was an exception although I am on holiday in lakes week after next so may have a few bets on Aintree festival.   I bet on football about once a year if that. 

Yep got shafted out of £2k returns (for a £1 stake). There's always one.

Ahh fair one. It's Dubai tomorrow and my e/w tip would be Talismanic in the 5.50 World Cup. Priced around 9/1. Some good prices all day. I only signed up to it the other day but have a SR of 55% after 40 tips. Here's my profile if you fancy a look, no pressure to follow or anything.

https://www.tippingsports.com/user/profile/2532

I've almost forgot. This is a the matchday thread! Have a great Easter.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 08:42:19 »

Thought that was one of the better efforts at home this season.

Not sure if there is a stat somewhere for number of crosses / balls into the box.
Wouldn't be surprised if the numbers yesterday were comparable to the PDC era and made for a decent watch.
Ok, a lot of balls were cut out or didn't make it past the first defender, but it's what a team needs to do at this level to have any chance of success.

Taylor led by example. Player of the Season?

Rollin has the makings of a very good defender. Getting to grips with the positional elements will come with experience.

The ref had a good game.

Can still make the play offs, but maybe 60 /40 against.
It is beginning to feel like one of those just missing out seasons.
Still, get to the last game with something to play for and who knows.
(Hopefully not one of those impossible goal difference scenarios though).

Kevin Ellison / Voldemort.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 08:45:24 »

The ref had a good game.

Glad someone commented on this. I thought he was very good (if a little patient with Rose being in his face all game). It's remarkable enough this year to deserve noting. What was his name, for future reference?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:40:57 »

Thought that was one of the better efforts at home this season.

Not sure if there is a stat somewhere for number of crosses / balls into the box.
Wouldn't be surprised if the numbers yesterday were comparable to the PDC era and made for a decent watch.
Ok, a lot of balls were cut out or didn't make it past the first defender, but it's what a team needs to do at this level to have any chance of success.

Taylor led by example. Player of the Season?

Rollin has the makings of a very good defender. Getting to grips with the positional elements will come with experience.

The ref had a good game.

Can still make the play offs, but maybe 60 /40 against.
It is beginning to feel like one of those just missing out seasons.
Still, get to the last game with something to play for and who knows.
(Hopefully not one of those impossible goal difference scenarios though).

Kevin Ellison / Voldemort.  Smiley

Saw a different game to you WB. Thought it was boring tripe with possibly hussey putting in the one and only decent cross. Meyanese had his best game for us but the bar was very low. I agree about the ref though. Probably as good as we've seen this season. Fair fucks to Morecambe. Came for the draw and dodgy penalty aside could gave had all 3 points. Unless that defence improves radically play offs are just out of reach.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:48:46 »

Glad someone commented on this. I thought he was very good (if a little patient with Rose being in his face all game). It's remarkable enough this year to deserve noting. What was his name, for future reference?

Kevin Johnson.
Most referees look the same at this level.
Maybe a shaven head commands a bit of authority.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:52:38 »

I take the same view as WB.  We peppered their defence with crosses.  Loads of them.  And for that reason, I found it quite a good game to watch.  We just didn't take our chance.

Very confused about Norris.  He has to carry some of the blame for failure to convert, but he never gave up and ran & ran & ran.  I'm always reluctant to criticise a player with a work rate like that.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:53:20 »

Saw a different game to you WB. Thought it was boring tripe with possibly hussey putting in the one and only decent cross. Meyanese had his best game for us but the bar was very low. I agree about the ref though. Probably as good as we've seen this season. Fair fucks to Morecambe. Came for the draw and dodgy penalty aside could gave had all 3 points. Unless that defence improves radically play offs are just out of reach.

Might be a low quality threshold on my part.  Smiley
Yeah, if we do miss out then it will be down to the defending.

Crap!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:05:36 »

There were plenty of crosses but virtually all crap. They out on a sub keeper and we put in a shitload of crosses. Even if we did get the cross in the air, how many times was their keeper challenged for a cross, zero. Yet how many fucking goals do we concede in the same way. In fact, this season how many times have we challenged keepers. It's dumb.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:10:52 »

Very confused about Norris. 

He's just never going to be a regular goalscorer. Thought he looked better than Richards yesterday, bt you know if a good chance comes to Richards he's more likely to score than miss. Whereas Norris you expect him to miss (unless he has zero thinking time).

Thing is, I think we have three not very natural scoring strikers in the squad...
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:20:21 »

I take the same view as WB.  We peppered their defence with crosses.  Loads of them.  And for that reason, I found it quite a good game to watch.  We just didn't take our chance.

Very confused about Norris.  He has to carry some of the blame for failure to convert, but he never gave up and ran & ran & ran.  I'm always reluctant to criticise a player with a work rate like that.

Norris isn't afraid to run. But I think the energy gets channeled into all the wrong areas.

Rather than chasing the keeper down at pace from 40 yards, and ending up offside for 10 seconds while he trots back, I'd sooner he caught his breath ready to challenge for a header from the clearance.

He just doesn't have a striker's instincts or mentality. Mullin wouldn't score shedloads, but his ratio of open play goals per minutes on the pitch is much, much better.

Fair play to Norris, he takes a good penalty, but we've got others who can do the same and we are kidding ourselves if we overlook the fact that he's scored 3 from open play since September.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:22:59 by ferret » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: