Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club statement  (Read 69768 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 06:57:01 »

Power is in it for the money - he’s said it often enough. There is no profit for him in buying the CG and upgrading the infrastructure - if he can’t, or won’t, fork out the much smaller sum making good on his promised training ground, he won’t spend on new stands.

If he gets ownership he’ll get whatever rent he deems appropriate, he can raise money on it and, God forbid, he could run the club into the ground (no pun) until there is no need for a football stadium at all. Think of all those lovely houses.

This is similar to what is happening at Bury. The owners have indebted the club with loans against Gigg Lane which their fans think is a prelude to them folding the club and being left with a nice piece of real estate.

It’s time for the Trust to put up or shut up. Domesday is approaching.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 07:34:39 »

Oh completely, but it might be enough for him to be able to sell up with an option for a %age of any future development or some such. i.e. an exit strategy with an option for future profits at someone else's risk. That might quite appeal rather than getting stuck here drip feeding in to a non-profit making business in sufficient amounts to make him wince but insufficient to make a difference.
Yep, I get that so in essence we’re both on the same hymn sheet. Just wondering how that would work with the actual day to day running and funding of the club?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 07:42:12 »

I'd imagine Axis are calling the shots. Do they want to rebuild the ground or move the ground. Whichever way they win. I'd imagine Power would be on a nice little earner either way as he's their "in" to get it done.
The football is probably incidental - keep ticking it over and keep income streams going.
I don't think Axis ( Clem M ) are involved because in Australia they had a love of STFC and couldn't wait to get involved and charge us up the leagues.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 08:51:32 »

So much negativity
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 08:55:57 »

I wonder if people would think the same if it was ol Jed... Power is made out to be the bad guy all the time, but never gets any credit. Surely it's best 'we' own the ground rather than the council. Will save on rent and give us the chance to possibly redevelop the ground.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 08:57:11 »

Lots more detail needed but cautiously positive news. Redevelopment to add revenue streams is the only way forward for the club.
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:06:14 »

So much negativity

It's always been this way.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:06:28 »

I wonder if people would think the same if it was ol Jed... Power is made out to be the bad guy all the time, but never gets any credit. Surely it's best 'we' own the ground rather than the council. Will save on rent and give us the chance to possibly redevelop the ground.
‘We’ won’t own the club, Power et al will. We will still pay rent but to Power instead of the council.

He’s not here to benefit the club.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:08:34 »

How do you know that? He's put money into the club already, so no reason to doubt it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:14:45 »

Cos we’re in L2 due to not giving a flying fuck attitude
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:17:03 »

When Fitton did the same no one seemed to act like this. Must be because he smiled a bit and spoke more
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:20:23 »

So much negativity

Its great isn't it...

I think Power is doing this so he can dig beneath the ground, sell all the minerals and then create a huge evil mastermind lair from where he can blackmail the Tory government for billions of pounds, because they are his friends and he knows all their nefarious secrets...

Might happen, has as much firm evidence behind it as most of the speculation on this thread....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:22:04 »

When Fitton did the same no one seemed to act like this. Must be because he smiled a bit and spoke more

Pretty much it, remember that he also changed the shareholding structure which made fans shares which they had paid money for essentially worthless and that they had zero say in the future of the club, and didn't he personally get a cut of the Austin transfer fee.

Yet he remains essentially the Princess Diana of Swindon Town.
Panda Paws

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:31:39 »

Very skeptical but also lots of assumptions being made here. As someone else, lots and lots of questions.

If only there was money, and hence decent quality journalism, in local media. We might actually get some answers.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 09:44:32 »

Domesday is approaching.

At this point I decided I’ll give it a couple of days before reading this thread again
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: