Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Digital TV Packages  (Read 8016 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 12:50:10 »

It’s exactly what I’ve done. Although part of me couldn’t shake the feeling that cat5 or cat5e would’ve been sufficient and cost a shit load less. (We used nearly 200m some how...)

The price is pretty much the same these days.

EDIT: Just checked, a box of 305m cat5e from a Swindon local supplier is £65, same box in cat6 is £95. Goes without saying you aren't going to need 305m of cable for an ordinary house.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 12:56:28 »

It’s exactly what I’ve done. Although part of me couldn’t shake the feeling that cat5 or cat5e would’ve been sufficient and cost a shit load less. (We used nearly 200m some how...)

Do you live in a fucking mansion?Huh?  Cheesy
Barry Scott

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 13:43:05 »

The price is pretty much the same these days.

EDIT: Just checked, a box of 305m cat5e from a Swindon local supplier is £65, same box in cat6 is £95. Goes without saying you aren't going to need 305m of cable for an ordinary house.

Similar price difference I guess. Got this, so £58 per 100m for cat6 and £38 for cat5e. Saving a fortune might be a touch of an exaggeration. Too Cool

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GK898I0

Do you live in a fucking mansion?Huh?  Cheesy

Haha, it’s just the width of a single room and all in a line. Plus the sparky has left about 5m of slack per cable - currently curled up in my kitchen.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 14:11:11 »

I have the latest humax freesat box and apart from taking a while to turn on it does everything I need it to..

Records, rewinds,TV planner etc, has Netflix built in pp lus other apps. The freeview one does the same thing via an aerial I assume. Well worth the money over the cheaper brands available imo. I compliment it with now TV and buy the passes from eBay for very good value
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 16:12:09 »

Similar price difference I guess. Got this, so £58 per 100m for cat6 and £38 for cat5e. Saving a fortune might be a touch of an exaggeration. Too Cool

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GK898I0

Haha, it’s just the width of a single room and all in a line. Plus the sparky has left about 5m of slack per cable - currently curled up in my kitchen.

External cable?! Good price though.
Barry Scott

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 16:57:04 »

Yeah, felt I would take the cautious approach as it’s an old as fuck house and in some rooms there’s damp, most have  no cavities and we were planning on running some of it outside. Just seemed I best cover my arse as it’s not something I plan on redoing!

Edit: and there’s a history of rodents and that’s pretty tough shit.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 17:26:21 »

External cable?! Good price though.

He had to run it out to the Coach House and the Folly in the garden next to the lake!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: