Poll
Question: Do we want to go with John Goddard again or someone else?  If so do we want to choose somebody now or wait until new signings? (waiting risks losing some that are there now).  (Voting closed: Saturday, July 8, 2017, 14:05:58)
Stick with John Goddard - 16 (30.2%)
Go for someone new but choose now - 8 (15.1%)
Go for someone new but wait for more signings - 11 (20.8%)
Don't care (this selection will go with the majority) - 18 (34%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player Sponsorship 17/18  (Read 81621 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

« on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 18:40:19 »

Received an email from the club today:

Hi Paul,

Hope all is well?

Lots of signings with more expected, plenty of positivity!  Let’s hope they all gel well, and we have lots to cheer and get behind as we look to bounce back to League One at the first time of asking.

In relation to player sponsorship, the cost has been reduced for season 17/18 and we have also combined both the home & away sponsorship into one at the reduced price.

Please find details attached, are you happy to once again sponsor John Goddard, or would you like one of the new signings?  Jack Dunne has been sponsored out of the new ones by SAS Travel, the rest are currently available.  However, we are naturally canvassing people so best to book early to avoid disappointment.

I look forward to hearing from you, and finally a thank you to you and all those in the Town End for all their sponsorship support of players in the past.

So the attachment details the changes, you actually get more for a cheaper price this year:

For the price you get both the home and away kits, so you don't share your player with anyone else.
1.)  Four complimentary tickets to the Sponsors Dinner (2 pairs) - Same as last year
2.)  You get a signed home and a signed away shirt (2 prizes) - One extra shirt to compared to last year
3.)  6 complimentary main stand tickets (Compared to 2 last year) - Tickets can be used across multiple fixtures.

They have taken away the personal appearance by a player option, which rarely gets taken up anyway.

The cost of this is £500 compared to £650 (i think) last year..

What are peoples initial thoughts with regards to what player?  By the sounds of it we have first refusal on John Goddard, and Jack Dunne has already gone.  If the general concensus is that we want to change then we will have to have another poll.  There are no guarantees obviously though..

On another point, I have done this for the past 3 years now, and I am willing to do it again if there are no volunteers, but It is a busy time for me work wise and I wouldn't be upset to hand it over to somebody else, plus it would give me a chance to actually be involved in the draw, which I haven't been since I have done it.

If it is me to be doing it, I could do with somebody else arranging the poll over the next few weeks (assuming that we decide to change) and coming to a decision on the player that we want.  I am off to the US for work on Wednesday and might be struggling to find time to organise, but will be back towards the end of next week so can then get back involved.  I will be looking in during that time so can communicate to the club if a decision is made..

Feel free to post your thoughts, or put your hand up if you want to own it all..

Cheers Berni

Go..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 18:42:39 »

Good to see the club can't even get our players names correct. It's James Dunne.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 18:43:10 »

Unless Jack Dunne is a new signing yet to be announced?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 18:56:14 »

Haha, I didn't spot that either..  Mind you it's not like the new names are houshold names so you have to cut them (and me) some slack..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 19:02:36 »

Haha, I didn't spot that either..  Mind you it's not like the new names are houshold names so you have to cut them (and me) some slack..

I did have to google it to be sure Smiley

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 19:16:44 »

You should go back and ask if James Dunne is still available
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 19:22:12 »

... not available, ask if he is Dunne and dusted?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 21:19:07 »

I'll chip in £10
Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 08:13:04 »

I'm in for £10. Is Vigs available? If not, maybe hang fire presuming we're going to get some more 'exciting' additions in the coming days/weeks?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 08:50:41 »

10 from me
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 09:03:14 »

I'll chuck in a tenner.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 09:05:41 »

£10 as usual

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 09:10:07 »

I'll join in this year with an Ayrton Senna!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 09:15:46 »

Happy to chip in a tenner!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 09:21:36 »

I'm in. Linganzi.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: