Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39980 times)
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 18:40:56 »

Yes, I live in a flat that overlooks the CG nowadays.

Watching and listening from my bedroom window.

Photo evidence needed to believe this
EldeneRed

« Reply #151 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 18:42:48 »

I doubt it. All pissed up by the looks. I'm hoping to be soon, as well.
woolster

« Reply #152 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 18:44:45 »

I doubt it. All pissed up by the looks. I'm hoping to be soon, as well.
take a photo
EldeneRed

« Reply #153 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 18:49:22 »

take a photo

My smartphone and webcam are both broken. Best I can do is use my work iPad to take a pic tomorrow.

If anyone wants a beer in the meantime, PM me.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 18:50:54 »

A load of Town fans just arrived at the CG with flags, lit flares and are all chanting "We want Power out".

Whilst this may not be happening right now what are peoples thoughts on this happening on saturday. After the game obviously but as fans a stance does need to be taken
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:12:06 »

I don't see the point in demonstrating for the owner to fuck off unless there's a plan for what comes next.

It's All Good..............
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:17:01 »

I don't see the point in demonstrating for the owner to fuck off unless there's a plan for what comes next.
'The Plan' will be with the new owners whoever they are whenever they take over after power has decided enough is enough. What you should be concerned with is what's Powers plan if he stays? Whether it is league one or two, he has to have one.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:27:21 »

'The Plan' will be with the new owners whoever they are whenever they take over after power has decided enough is enough. What you should be concerned with is what's Powers plan if he stays? Whether it is league one or two, he has to have one.

No. Without a plan we could end up with Power mark2 in charge, or worse. (Jed mark2). Even worse than those scenarios we could end up with no interested buyers, which would mean administration and folding. I'm less than happy with how this season has gone and would love to see the back of William, Embleton and Sherwood (whatever the fuck he does). I'd also like Power to change his recruitment policy. And if someone appeared, with the funds and desire to buy the club and see it progress, I'd happily join in to urge Power to sell up and fuck off. But the truth, at the moment, is there isn't anyone. As much as people dislike Power, don't be mistaken into thinking he's the worst option...

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:32:49 »

I don't believe Power has particularly malign intentions for our club, however the danger lies elsewhere, in the present questions about the ownership of the stadium.

It is evident that SBC wish to cash in on the CG, as landlord.

It's the same situation at Plainmoor, Council owned ground with an ACV and convenant, however the club has fallen into the hands of Gaming International, like  Abbey Stadium. Their promise to Torbay Council, we'll build you a new stadium, if you flog us the ground, but of course as the club crashes through the non leagues, that won't happen.

This sort of scenario is entirely possible here, as both Councils are Tory run, and so therefore do not have the best interests of their communities at heart, beyond facilitating someone making a few bob at our expense.

Power needs to show that he can at least stabilise the club in Div 4 for the time being....while theTrust need to get on with trying to buy the CG.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:35:53 »

No. Without a plan we could end up with Power mark2 in charge, or worse. (Jed mark2). Even worse than those scenarios we could end up with no interested buyers, which would mean administration and folding. I'm less than happy with how this season has gone and would love to see the back of William, Embleton and Sherwood (whatever the fuck he does). I'd also like Power to change his recruitment policy. And if someone appeared, with the funds and desire to buy the club and see it progress, I'd happily join in to urge Power to sell up and fuck off. But the truth, at the moment, is there isn't anyone. As much as people dislike Power, don't be mistaken into thinking he's the worst option...

Sorry i should have made it clear that I meant to protest about how the club is being run with regards to the football side and the fact Williams has not been replaced. I.e protest to get Williams out. Power as a owner I don't have a huge issue with. Yes i disagree with his policy eapecially when he then doesn't allow our own youngsters a chance but you only need to look at Orient to know we could be a lot worse. My only criticism this season is not dealing with the Williams situation in January as it is clear to everyone that we wouldn't be in this situation now if he did.

Part of me wonders if Williams has told Power that he will leave at the end of the season if he can't keep us up as otherwise I don't know why there is just silence from Power

nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:37:37 »

Don't think its fair to say Obika doesn't give a shit thought we worked hard up top but playing so isolated from Ajse was never going to set up much. Gladwin probably had his best 45 minutes since his return but sadly barely featured 2nd half bar header that keeper saved well. Thought Barry was ok on friday - but was truly garbage today summed up by his foul throw in 89th minute when we needed to push forward. As ever Ince immense and Colkett flattered to deceive. Really never looked like scoring or even that we thought we could score. Yet another game a half decent team would have won. Sadly we aren't that team

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:39:48 »

Amen

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:43:21 »

Yes. If you buy a business you haveto have a business plan, end of. Whether you like the plan is your issue but you don't know what it is because we don't have new owners yet. In fact I'd go further to say you don't know precisely what Powers plan is going to be next season whether in league 1 or 2 but you hope it's one you like. Your fear is if he sells up who is going to own the club and as I've said what plans do they have. So how full is your glass of Powerade?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:45:50 »

So what is Powers plan? Genuine question.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 19:54:52 »

I don't think he's that bothered what division we play in.His business is getting a player to sell every year and make money that way.We are now a tool for making money not a club wishing to go up the leagues,could he afford to go further up?
As for buying the ground
1 It needs money spent on it.
2 He might want to leave the site.What have the trust got then?
3 What happens if he doesn't pay rent?would we take him/the club  to court to get owed money putting the club in jeopardy.
4 Who signed a contract saying the club was responsible for the upkeep of the ground.?
As much as i want him to go i don't think he would,he hasn't done too badly finacially personally,We are the victims of his policy's.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: