Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40101 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:28:51 »

Relegation to league 2 is the  least of our worries if Power is here next season.

League 2 is about physicality, commitment and experience all which under this model we seriously lack.

Don't always agree with Reg but he is spot on- our very league status is at stake unless Power changes tack which I cannot see him doing
« Last Edit: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:31:00 by Outletred » Logged
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:30:13 »

Exactly. Clap
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:31:46 »

John Terry as player manager next season;)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:33:50 »

Don't be surprised if power sells the club before next season.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #124 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:37:27 »

And don't be surprised if power remains, Williams stays as manager and shitloads of loans next season and crowds dipping under 4000
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:37:37 »

Who to?we have no assets.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:45:20 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
Don't be surprised if power sells the club before next season.
I'll be quite surprised to be fair, even
 with your warning
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:46:09 »

Who to?we have no assets.
We've never had any assets have we. Your guess should you wish to make one would be no better than mine or anyone else's.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:48:19 »

Don't be surprised if powers does not sell the club before next season.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:50:06 »

Neither do a lot of other clubs have assets but they still attract new owners. I acknowledge there are bad owners out there as well as good.

Yes we do not own the ground but neither do other clubs and they are attracting interest (Oxford and Vale)

We have little playing assets except Vigs as because as soon as there is a whiff of money Power cashes in

One big asset we have is our catchment area- it's huge.

Rumour has it only 1000 season tickets sold as opposed to 4000 this time last year . Sad sad times of the ten long term fans around me in the DRS only 2 have renewed.

Let's hope Power is off in the summer because if he stays with the model our league status is at stake.

Events do tend to point to him selling up- maybe that's why Williams is still in post he is waiting for someone else to pay up his contract ....
« Last Edit: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:52:21 by Outletred » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:58:04 »

Neither do a lot of other clubs have assets but they still attract new owners. I acknowledge there are bad owners out there as well as good.

Yes we do not own the ground but neither do other clubs and they are attracting interest (Oxford and Vale)

We have little playing assets except Vigs as because as soon as there is a whiff of money Power cashes in

One big asset we have is our catchment area- it's huge.

Rumour has it only 1000 season tickets sold as opposed to 4000 this time last year . Sad sad times of the ten long term fans around me in the DRS only 2 have renewed.

Let's hope Power is off in the summer because if he stays with the model our league status is at stake.

Events do tend to point to him selling up- maybe that's why Williams is still in post he is waiting for someone else to pay up his contract ....

My question to you would be if we got rid of power and went into administration, would that make you happy? Power is no saint, but without him we would have no club. He has cleared a lot of debt.

End of the day, he is a business man. We have always been a selling club, that will never change.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:59:37 »

"without him we'd have no club" is simply the worst case scenario of lots of scenario.

nobody knows. it's a gamble.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 18:01:06 »

If you took Powers club,yes Powers club on Dragons Den Asking for money for a share in it they would all piss themselves laughing.For that reason "I'm Out"    Behave batch
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 18:02:13 »

It's certainly a gamble, but it seems a gamble some of our fans are willing to take. If we were mid table, none of these fans would be whinging. But we are in a poor position to a poor season of recruitment. I think Powers biggest flaw has not been sacking Williams, but there must be a reason why he hasn't.

Hating the manager, and hating the owner are two different things.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 18:03:26 »

Not willing to change anything other than protect his pal is damning as far as I'm concerned. I know football fans are an odd bunch but sometimes we're right and this mess could and should have been avoided.

Cue back-to-back wins and survival.

Looking at L1 2017-18, we'd be fucked next season anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: