Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Millwall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19717 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 19:38:02 »

Haven't read back.

Fully deserved today.

The worst player on the pitch got the winner.

Probably too late to save us but a deserved win all the same.

Hope those 3 points lost fuck em.

Clems Army!
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 20:07:16 »

Gave today a miss, largely due to being a bit ill at the moment but partly because of the wierd kickoff time, the fact millwall are twats and general apathy towards our results and ability at the moment. Wasn't expecting any of those three things to make me feel much better, so didn't warrant buying a ticket and going.

Didn't even bother listening on the radio, so was pleasantly surprised to look down at my phone and see a notification of the Ft result. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw it was a last gasp strike from Thomas, of all players.

All it's done is piss me off further, though. Again it shows just how shit this league is, and how we'd be in a much more comfortable position if it wasn't for a ridiculous ability to fuck up royally in 3 out of every 4 matches.

All well and good getting results against teams high up the league but it counts for fuck all this late in the day after we've cocked up most of the matches against team around us in the league. Those 5 points dropped at home to Bury and Oldham are going to be the results that'll haunt us.

Still, the hope for a miracle gets extended for another week.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 20:10:11 »

I think I would actually take Thomas over Gladwin in the starting line up evry week at present. Whilst he may not set the world alight he at least puts in more effort and tracks back in comparison to gladwin.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 20:17:53 »

We are shit, Williams is useless.....

Oh hold on, we won! Fair play!
We did, and both of those things are still true nonetheless. But I enjoyed today (mostly). The first half was utterly dire, two poor teams who both looked like they were trying not to lose rather than win or even really play the game. But then it seemed like about 5-10 mins before half time we suddenly went "Hang on, this lot are as flat as we are" and that seemed to liven us up a bit. Continued that into the second half and played better than they did, without being desperately great, but they were still flat. It was my eldest's first game all season, after considerable cajoling, and he said the minute before the board went up "We're going to win this in the 3rd minute of injury time". Pretty sure he was taking the piss tbh, but he's now going round like he's Mystic Meg and we celebrated the goal like maniacs. It won't keep us up, of course, and we'll be shit again for the next 3-4 games before we pinch a point (or maybe even 3!) from someone, but for about 30 seconds this afternoon, I celebrated  a late winner with my boy like we used to when he was 6 (except for the bit where I used to lift him on to my shoulders) and it felt absolutely bloody glorious. I'll take that right now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 20:43:21 »

good post Paul.

and monkey, i really couldn't care if we never saw Gladwin again
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 21:21:10 »

The sad thing is i don't think we have the players who should end up in the bottom 4.The division is pants but our disorganisation and inability to keep players fit has killed us.Saying that i still think this our worst squad ever.
really?? With Vigs Thompson ince Obika and ajose in it? Nowhere near our worst squad?
kaufman

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 21:32:49 »

Can't agree on Thomas being the worst player on the pitch. He offered better shape for the team and ran back into position throughout.
He offered far more than Gladwin has these past few matches in his overall game and workrate.
Must add Conroy is certainly a good purchase it seems.

Edit: Just seen 1989monkey's post. So yep we're agreed there
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 21:35:01 by kaufman » Logged
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 21:47:56 »

really?? With Vigs Thompson ince Obika and ajose in it? Nowhere near our worst squad?

Afraid so
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 21:58:11 »

Afraid so

I give you, 2005/6:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Squad.asp?Season=2005-2006

Especially post January once we'd sold Fallon. That was the team that went down under Iffy, and I'm pretty sure that squad would have gone down under Antonio Conte as well.

I think about only Jack Smith, Hameur Bouazza and Sean O'Hanlon played at L1 or higher level afterwards. Oh, and Cureton, who had a career renaissance after being rubbish for us.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 22:00:06 »

I give you, 2005/6:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Squad.asp?Season=2005-2006

Especially post January once we'd sold Fallon. That was the team that went down under Iffy, and I'm pretty sure that squad would have gone down under Antonio Conte as well.

I think about only Jack Smith, Hameur Bouazza and Sean O'Hanlon played at L1 or higher level afterwards. Oh, and Cureton, who had a career renaissance after being rubbish for us.
Jutkiewicz has done okay
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 22:01:06 »

I give you 2016/17
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 22:04:14 »

Actually i think 2005/6 would win this years L1
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 22:04:59 »

By 10 pts
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 22:07:34 »

Jutkiewicz has done okay

True, but he played three games that season. Think he was 16...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 22:09:00 »

Actually i think 2005/6 would win this years L1
Don't be fucking stupid
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: