Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Millwall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19353 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 05:15:21 »

There's a glass??
😀

Sent from my SM-G935F
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 08:33:16 »

I think its quite telling that we win and there are just 6 pages (7 now) of the matchday thread but when we were beaten by Sheff Utd there we 15 pages, Bradford 13 pages, Port Vale 13 pages, Chesterfield 16 pages....

The forum definately gets busier when we have lost.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 09:17:20 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2017/mar/27/swindon-town-win-tim-sherwood-millwall-league-two
redordead57

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 09:57:44 »

Sherwood is banned from ground & we win 2 games ban ends we lose next few games & on Saturday he's in Ireland with his best mate ( power ) watching Waterford & we win Conincidence Huh?.
 Just  keep away & we may have a slim chance .
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 12:41:07 »

I think its quite telling that we win and there are just 6 pages (7 now) of the matchday thread but when we were beaten by Sheff Utd there we 15 pages, Bradford 13 pages, Port Vale 13 pages, Chesterfield 16 pages....

The forum definately gets busier when we have lost.
No great surprise really, there are certain people who only post when we lose so they can have their 'I told you so' moment. I've pretty much stopped checking on here after defeats now.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 13:55:39 »

Funny how people react differently. I can never even be arsed to watch Match of the Day if we lose, just totally distance myself from football until the next morning when I've slept it off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 14:04:53 »

i need to vent on the internet for a couple of hours, its very  calming. eventually.

put my thoughts on the game in this thread, i guess apathy  has hit a high point as people accept we are down. got to be sub 6000 town fans at the game the last couple. the club have even stopped announcing # away fans.

but yeah, lose Saturday and the thread will be bigger.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 14:27:32 »

I don't think it is down to winning or losing tbh at this stage, people are just resigned to the facts and want this season over and done with.

Let's face it, you could copy and paste one of our match day threads onto another and it wouldn't be too dissimilar, apart from the names..

There isn't much more to be said, it has been said numerous times by numerous posters all season..

The club have a got a huge task to pull the fans back up and on side, and it not going to happen in Lge 2 (unless they piss it, which they won't)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 19:29:56 »

I took the lad on Saturday, it was our first game of the season, and I enjoyed it!  I liked the look of Conroy and thought Ince looked quality as others have said.

We still caused all our own problems with over playing in the wrong areas, there was one good example in the first half where Branco had a free kick just inside our half, and you could see him looking round for the short pass, but everyone was marked so he rolled it to someone a foot or so away, and got it back but they put them under pressure and the ball was given away, and 10 seconds later we were scrambling the ball behind for a corner.  I like nice passing as much as the next fan, but it needs to be purposeful not just a default position.

I loved Vigs reaction when the goal went in, it showed the passion and commitment that we need.  I got so excited when we scored that I started singing along to Feeling Gladys All Over

REDBUCK

« Reply #99 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 20:50:34 »

You should have gone earlier in the season to see some better examples of arsing about with the ball at the back. Saturday was one of the best yet for lack of it. Down to the odd one or two.

Conroy has reduced the count, he seems to know when to gunt it
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 21:01:59 »

The goal was almost route one.  Im surprised they weren't told off for that.

Never knowingly overstated.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 21:05:14 »

I liked the look of Conroy

I wouldn't be too displeased with Conroy and JSW as the pairing next season.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 23:01:12 »

First game I've enjoyed in a long long time. Anyway, back to watching Newcastle this weekend. I'm enjoying being a plastic Geordie.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 08:40:43 »

You should have gone earlier in the season to see some better examples of arsing about with the ball at the back. Saturday was one of the best yet for lack of it. Down to the odd one or two.

Conroy has reduced the count, he seems to know when to gunt it

He spent the early part of the season in the Conference did he not? Next season I'm sure he'll be coached into giving the ball away don't you worry!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:07:23 »

I wouldn't be too displeased with Conroy and JSW as the pairing next season.

Way too inexperienced, but agreed its not difficult for Conroy to look ok, look at the crap he is playing with
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: