Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THORPE  (Read 3557 times)
MR BEN

« on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 15:35:55 »

Sorry if this has already been done, .

but what the fuck is going on with Thorpe, did he refuse to go to tranmere.?

Has he even tried to play well so far?

is he a tool?
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 15:53:05 »

Quote from: "MR BEN"
Sorry if this has already been done, .

but what the fuck is going on with Thorpe, did he refuse to go to tranmere.?

Has he even tried to play well so far?

is he a tool?

1)Dont Know?

2)No

3)Yes
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 16:15:10 »

Grade A Knobber!

Come on YOU REDS!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 17:10:37 »

Give the bloke a chance ffs. He'll be useful when injurys and suspensions kick in.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 17:56:10 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Give the bloke a chance ffs. He'll be useful when injurys and suspensions kick in.

Thorpe makes Sabin look like Henry!. :|
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 18:25:53 »

He's played about two games for fucks sake and scored. I'd rather have Thorpe than Sabin every time.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 20:09:57 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
He's played about two games for fucks sake and scored. I'd rather have Thorpe than Sabin every time.

I know football fans are fickle but the criticism Thorpe's got so far is unfounded.  I'm bemused as to why Thorpe hasn't featured more so far, and as I've only seen him play twice (once in a preseason friendly) I'm not overly qualified to talk on him.  However, from what I've seen I think he's a class-act and am worried about people jumping on his back so early.

The same applies for Jamie.  Considering his time-out from regular, first team English league football it will take time for him to be hitting the back of the net again on a regular basis.

Doubters think back to Fallon last season.  We have a potentially lethal strikeforce which I would argue is the best in the division, particularly with Caton pushing them.  I'd be heartbroken to see it broken up at this early stage.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 20:10:17 »

Only really looks good when the ball is at his feet in the box, which has only happened about once.....and he scored
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 20:13:50 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Only really looks good when the ball is at his feet in the box, which has only happened about once.....and he scored

'Nuff said.  Could work wonders if partnered with Roberts surely?  He looked bright in the box against Crawley too, and supplied a decent cross which Cureton converted *I think*, though Sonic may correct me on that one.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 20:25:23 »

he WAS partnered with roberts against wycombe, that was an industrious partnership...  :-))(

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 20:32:33 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
he WAS partnered with roberts against wycombe, that was an industrious partnership...  :-))(

Ah.  I was down the pub for that one, with Sussex and Magic updating me!  Didn't Roberts come on as a substitute?  Or did I dream that one?

Either way, it's not much of a boost for Thorpe's moral only to play him in an LDV match.  However, with Fallon's recent form it is difficult to leave him out of the starting XI.  King does need to find him a regular partner, and so far I haven't been convinced by Cureton.  Ideally, for our next home game I'd like to see Fallon and Cureton up front with Roberts on the right, with Thorpe given the last 30 minutes in place of Cureton to show what he's capable of.  If he wants it, I'm sure he can impress.  His pedigree is undeniable.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 21:09:31 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Quote from: "DV85"

'Nuff said.  Could work wonders if partnered with Roberts surely?  He looked bright in the box against Crawley too, and supplied a decent cross which Cureton converted *I think*, though Sonic may correct me on that one.

I think that was Caton but I can't really remember.
MR BEN

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 07:19:49 »

I hope he snaps out of what ever mood he appears to be in, he is with out doubt a good player , its pissing frustrating when this happens
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 11:23:34 »

Thorpe needs to sort his attitude or fuck off.

I'm really not fussed which at the moment.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 11:27:24 »

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=145787&command=displayContent&sourceNode=145780&contentPK=13115536
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: