Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 171480 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 10:56:30 »

Fuck you Tails  Cheesy

So Abraham and Glenn....Discuss.

I thought it would be one of those but not both, Why couldn't it be Coral, the little prick.

What happens next? They're not just going to back down and be "owned" by Negan, that would be boring, but as they said, there's too many of them to fight them.
I hope this season doesn't go stale.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan it fucking awesome.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 11:01:24 »

Remember in the ads there is the dude with the tiger, they will submit for a while but expect it will be a good season, neagan is a fucking brute!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 16:39:15 »

Was up there with the red wedding from GOT. So brutal
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 18:33:41 »

I predicted Glenn and then thought I was happy to be wrong...and then BAM!

I can see them playing along for a bit and then giving up Alexandria to go guerrilla style to get Daryl back and fuck up Neagan.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 19:23:56 »

I predicted Glenn and then thought I was happy to be wrong...and then BAM!

I can see them playing along for a bit and then giving up Alexandria to go guerrilla style to get Daryl back and fuck up Neagan.

I can see this happening, surprised about Glenn though, but he rode his luck big time last series.

Hopefully they can keep the tension going through this series
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 22:08:42 »

In some ways awesome episode. Rick is a broken man, Negan is a bad ass.

In another it feels a bit 'here we go again', super bad ass baddie that will, at some point, get his comeuppance from Rick..

lather, rinse, repeat.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 22:50:57 »

Seemed somewhat unnecessarily brutal in some ways. More plot, less popping eyes
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 04:42:45 »

You could argue that pretty much every long running television show in history is 'lather, rinse, repeat'.

I must admit that I thought it bordered on the unnecessarily brutal at times but it was brilliantly tense and uncomfortable TV.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 06:00:12 »

I thought the first 20 minutes was crass and an exercise in cruelly manipulating the viewers - brutality as a show of power. We were Rick to the producers Negan. It all felt as though the intention was to shock rather than develop a plot.

The same impact and effect could have been delivered with more subtlety instead of shots lingering a little too long on what seemed to be some kind of homage to Gaspar Noe.

After that, the episode improved somewhat but it's all very predictable again.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was incredible though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:02:14 »

Quote from: Costanza
You could argue that pretty much every long running television show in history is 'lather, rinse, repeat'.

You could, but if it goes on too long it's doomed to failure. The problem for me is it's very hard to shock or do something new now and has become formulaic.

there are plenty of directions it could go in away from baddy of the season, hope they do that.
----
that said negan  seems in a different class to those that came before.
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:07:25 »

Don't worry, it'll soon devolve into a bore-fest again. Walking Dead seasons always do.
Barry Scott

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 18:35:30 »

That was fucking brutal.

I'm glad Daryl and Michonne survived the killing and I agree with Chubbs that it was a shame Coral didn't get offed.

I get what Sonic says about them manipulating us viewers, and they were (they also milked it), but I still found myself on the edge of my seat and feeling rather tense. And Glen did genuinely shock me.

I think the brutality was almost necessary because it illustrated Negan's character and left us slightly unsettled and very aware of the total hopelessness of the situation. I also agree with others that Negan was immense, as was Rick.

It might turn into a "baddy of the series" like Batch says, but at the moment I'm still liking it. Having given up twice (maybe 3 times?) before though, I know I'm more than capable of doing so again.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 21:48:51 »

In some ways awesome episode. Rick is a broken man, Negan is a bad ass.

In another it feels a bit 'here we go again', super bad ass baddie that will, at some point, get his comeuppance from Rick..

lather, rinse, repeat.

I get that feeling too. Its bound to end with Rick getting his revenge and taking control again. Will be interesting to see how this other group plays out that Morgan seems to find his way into to though.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 13:59:28 »

If any of you guys read the Graphic Novels (ok comics for grown up kids like me), you'll have noticed that there is a lot of foreshadowing in TWD television series. It also explains (in the show) why key moments like Glenn & Abraham's exit had to be as brutal. That's Negan. He's a brutal, sadistic, psychopath who isn't as stable as your average calculated serial killer...but then who would be in that world.

It's a changing of the guard, it had to be done that way and Greg Nicotero is "the Special FX guy" who directed brilliantly as always. Yes they milked it a little and it was horrific, yet we have to remember the key genre is Horror here.

Where do I think it will go....? I read the GNs so I have an idea of key moments going forward. Yet they still manage to surprise me in the show.

I'm looking forward to King Ezequiel (and his pet tiger Shiva) and all the others in The Kingdom, where Carol and Morgan are currently. Anyone remember Jesus? I think we'll see him more as we only had glimpses of him in parts of S6. He's part of The Hilltop. For me, he has more to play and seems a relatively equalled character. Erin is holed up at Alexandria (Maggie locked her in the cupboard) along with Rev. Gabrial and obviously a few others.

There are lots of ways this could go but in a nutshell we have now three groups. Negans The Saviours, The Kingdom & The Hilltop. As well as Alexandria (which I think will be given up). Don't forget that Eugene was formulating plans to run The Foundry to make munitions. This could still happen and may be pivotal (they all need ammo in this world) could be a masterstroke for him as will be a massive trade off.....if it happens that is.

One thing is for certain...not necessarily this season, but in a season Rick will die at some point. That's not a spoiler, that's just a common fact.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 14:02:33 »

I see....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: