Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town official matchday thread  (Read 36137 times)
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:00:56 »

just listened to Luke Worms.

I'm so pumped up, I cant wait for the next game
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:03:19 by inept and crass » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:01:29 »

Consistently unable to defend, consistently utterly feeble from corners, what do we do in training, passing drills?
Williams must treat the 1st XI as if they were a youth team where the result doesn't matter but style does.

It's getting more bizarre game by game where we serve up the same old tosh yet expect a different result.
Flashheart

« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:01:54 »

I'm actually fairly confident that we could be in for a decent season.

I just don't think it will be with Luke Williams as the manager.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:02:00 »

Williams
- Thought we had chance to win at 1-1
- Had energy & chances
- Got what we deserved
- Didnt defend with conviction
- Too easy for them to find space
- Northants played well. Made it difficult to score
- You have to be as intense and switched on when you dont have the ball.
- We were at the weekend but we are not consistent enough
- Have to address whats going wron
- Staff and players have to push themselves
- Have to work hard and smart to push forward
- We looked very together at the weekend.
- Team lacking in certain areas that needs to be addressed. Dont think there is a huge problem.
- Not worried about Kasim and Goddard arguing about free kick. Wants them both to show passion and get stuck in to win games
- Jones struggling after Oldham game. Wanted to play but leg tightened up
- Norris played well in first half. Competed well. Desperate for him to score and then show his quality
- Performance tonght has enables Williams to be more measured and calm. Although he wasnt in the changing room. Hes still optimistic
- We are a good team that can create chances. We need to take them and focus more on intensity of defending.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:02:09 »

He just said he is optimistic for the next game
Must be on drugs.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:03:45 »

Walked out early, won't be going back (ST holder) until a serious change takes place.  All the gloating and self praise from Williams really bit him on the ass tonight.  Second best all over the field, couldn't pass and our build-up so slow they were getting their whole team behind the ball.  Norris a waste of space as regards a goal scorer, Obika not far behind, the whole midfield as a team were non existent and cannot concentrate for 90 minutes.  Seemed a lack of desire and for a team with one of the best coaches in the country how come every team we face at home are better organised and wanting it more!!  Sad, sad performance - although it was an improvement on the Rovers performance but nowhere near good enough.  A change must happen and happen quickly.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:04:04 »

Williams
- Thought we had chance to win at 1-1
- Had energy & chances
- Got what we deserved
- Didnt defend with conviction
- Too easy for them to find space
- Northants played well. Made it difficult to score
- You have to be as intense and switched on when you dont have the ball.
- We were at the weekend but we are not consistent enough
- Have to address whats going wron
- Staff and players have to push themselves
- Have to work hard and smart to push forward
- We looked very together at the weekend.
- Team lacking in certain areas that needs to be addressed. Dont think there is a huge problem.
- Not worried about Kasim and Goddard arguing about free kick. Wants them both to show passion and get stuck in to win games
- Jones struggling after Oldham game. Wanted to play but leg tightened up
- Norris played well in first half. Competed well. Desperate for him to score and then show his quality
- Performance tonght has enables Williams to be more measured and calm. Although he wasnt in the changing room. Hes still optimistic
- We are a good team that can create chances. We need to take them and focus more on intensity of defending.
Fucking idiot
adje

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:07:09 »

Hope the guy who threatened to take my 65 year old dad's jaw off is pleased with himself.  Squared up to him after dad took umbrage to him pushing him out of the way on leaving the Townend.  Belongs in prison the horrible cunt, no place in society for people like him, or his old man too for that matter.  Shameful
Shocking Tom,hope your dad is ok.fucking pond life

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:09:39 »

We're just not good enough. We need a proper manager ASAP.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:11:34 »

If Power can't see that something needs to change, then maybe he's not the football man he thinks he is.  It's not even October yet, and this is already starting to feel like a relegation season.  And more worrying still, I think I'm starting to turn in to Reg.

It's not yet inevitable that we'll go down, but it does look like we'll be in a fight to stay up. We're definitely getting to the stage of looking for 4 who are worse than us, and a few strugglers to have in a mini league towards the basement.

This is why Saturday is important as Shrews look like a fellow struggler, so a six pointer....

Not really surprising we've lost to Cobblers at the CG for the 2nd time in 50 years, because they're wage bill is probably higher than ours.  Take a fella like Beautyman who we were supposed to be interested in....ends up going there, and seems to be doing OK.

Whether the likes of Cobblers and Bury are overstretching themselves financially so will be fucked sooner or later, only time will tell.

The short term loan loss is a blow for Power, mind, fairly sure he'd be out haggling over a couple of players for a month if this was last year.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:16:39 »

We need a manager,pretty fucking soon
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:17:42 »

11 points from 10 games would give us 52.8 over a whole season.

So current form (ie over the 10 games) will see us just about stay up. If the results get worse...

Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:18:13 »

Williams has won 5 out of the last 22 league games.

Power gave him a 5 year deal- he must now take responsibility and sort out this mess.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:20:14 »

Fucking hell Tom, what a cunt. Heard a couple were kicked out the Town End for fighting, knobends.
----------------
Onto the match:

The positives - Better than against Rovers. Thompson had a good game. Murray looked good. Boo looked OK too, though can't use his right foot. We created some chances that we should have buried. We also got into some good positions but fucked up the cross.

The negatives - Norris looked every bit the duff that some of the Gills fans said he was. Not sure what Williams saw - he didn't hold the ball up, got smaller on most of the headers and looked as threatening as Jamie Slabber. Obika wasn't much better, but I've seen him play well and so he escapes further scrutiny. Kasim was fucking hopeless. Thomas in the first half ambled around doing nothing. Goddard hasn't adjusted to the pace of league football yet and takes to long to pass.

But most of all of concern was
 1) mostly we are too slow doing anything, plod, plod, plod.
 2) We have a massively soft underbelly. I mean we can't fucking defend. Still. Such simple goals to give away. OK you could argue a foul on the third, but you have to play on and defend it - Williams was right there.

I'm not coming away encouraged tonight. This currently has a feeling we will be perpetually "nearly turning the corner".

But as I said last week, things can change. Get well soon Doughty, though I think that's not going to solve the issues.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:20:50 »

Pass pass pass fuck up goal. Pass pass goal. Pass pass pass fuck up goal. Pass pass foul fuck up goal. We are in the shit big time as our defence is totally fucked. Can't get  angry any more. A shrug of the shoulders and expect the same next game.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: