Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town official matchday thread  (Read 35529 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 07:57:34 »

Oh Ive never started one of these before.  What do I do?  Say something pithy about the opposition and predict we're going to struggle?

I lived in Northampton for 3 years and my missus went to uni there.  It was a shithole.  But lets face it Swindon is hardly Nirvana.

The jesus army have a large outpost in Northampton.  I told them they were wrong many times.

Last visit for me (apart from promoting a Jools holland gig at the derngate) was that memorable PDC era match on new years eve a few years back.  I said hello to Sonic on that day.

Anyway, they're on a high having got promoted and being in fairly decent form.  Were all over the place.  Who know.

6 all draw.

Never knowingly overstated.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 08:02:26 »

10-3 win. Branco with at least 5. for both teams.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 08:07:23 »

Stayed in Northampton a couple of months back while the wife was on a course there, chav and Staffy central, horrible Town centre which could be vastly improved by demolition.

Dunno how the game will pan out TBH could go either way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 08:17:48 »

Oh Ive never started one of these before.  What do I do?  Say something pithy about the opposition and predict we're going to struggle?

I lived in Northampton for 3 years and my missus went to uni there.  It was a shithole.  But lets face it Swindon is hardly Nirvana.

The jesus army have a large outpost in Northampton.  I told them they were wrong many times.

Last visit for me (apart from promoting a Jools holland gig at the derngate) was that memorable PDC era match on new years eve a few years back.  I said hello to Sonic on that day.

Anyway, they're on a high having got promoted and being in fairly decent form.  Were all over the place.  Who know.

6 all draw.

Live next door to said Jesus Army outpost, they're harmless, have a couple of big events a year but hardly hear a peep from them.

Northampton town centre is indeed a shithole, but from what I have seen of Swindon it's not much worse, admittedly I've not seen much of Swindon centre since I was a kid where I spent plenty of time causing trouble in Normans, my grandfather's shop.

Needless to say some of my mates are cobbs fans and I like to see them do well, especially since the dawn of franchise football, but I'd certainly prefer to maintain the upper hand over them tonight.

No idea which kind of town performance we'll get, hopefully not the kind that would play into their hands.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 08:26:05 »

With Matty Taylor's set piece quality I would be very happy to take a draw. Think we'll lose 2-1
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 08:36:23 »

Cobblers have won once here in 50 years..and that an end of season game with nothing on it for either side, when Jimmy Allan had to go off injured after about 15 mins in the days before sub keepers.

It says something about our reduced status, that they go in as favourites.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 08:46:06 »

I did a gig in Northampton a few months ago. Definitely has a Swindon feel about it. I quite liked it though
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 08:48:03 »

After the Gasheads performance I could see nothing but another embarrassing defeat - Saturday has given hope but I don't think we will get the freedom of the park that Oldham gave us, happy with a draw 1-1.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 08:50:20 »

Last time i went there we won1-0 against coventry.delfouenso played for them.celebrated a late smith winner with sonic.going for an ironic delfouenso winner after the inevitable revell goal
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 10:12:06 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 09:03:41 »

The people let Northampton down, every year they have the Northampton music festival which is actually really good in the town centre with load of stages dotted around. Northampton is more of a rugby following town due to the saints.

The Jesus's army place used to be a cannon 3 screen cinema. During the day Northampton is OK but at night time it's horrible.

A good theatre with derngate, and a decent concert venue with the roadmender. Not much else to say about Northampton really
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 09:08:35 »

The people let Northampton down, every year they have the Northampton music festival which is actually really good in the town centre with load of stages dotted around. Northampton is more of a rugby following town due to the saints.

The Jesus's army place used to be a cannon 3 screen cinema. During the day Northampton is OK but at night time it's horrible.

A good theatre with derngate, and a decent concert venue with the roadmender. Not much else to say about Northampton really

King Billys is a decent alternative bar!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 09:10:15 »

I did a gig in Northampton a few months ago. Definitely has a Swindon feel about it. I quite liked it though

I did a quiz there a couple of years back.....in a working man's club. Nice place, in the middle of an industrial estate, with a  2nd hand car sales pitch in the car park. It was summer and I liked how the locals, sat outside at tables, despite there not being a tree or patch of green to be seen...even the wrong directionn for a view of the Lift Tower.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 09:13:01 »

King Billys is a decent alternative bar!

Yeah you cant beat the billy! My bro has played there many times
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 09:13:50 »

I did a quiz there a couple of years back.....in a working man's club. Nice place, in the middle of an industrial estate, with a  2nd hand car sales pitch in the car park. It was summer and I liked how the locals, sat outside at tables, despite there not being a tree or patch of green to be seen...even the wrong directionn for a view of the Lift Tower.

Was that St James WMC??
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 09:23:39 »

Was that St James WMC??

Can't honestly remember what it was called....early start on a Sunday lunchtime, and a long quiz. I like CIU places...English Heritage should be looking after them rather than stately homes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: