Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28257 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:10:52 »

Not bad. Same performance as we've come used to but the defence looked (for the most part) decent. Thompson and Jones were excellent. Kasim ran the midfield again, Doughty also very good if a little frustrating.

After Reg's spiel about clean sheets at home.. 2 in 2. 3 in a row if you include the Salop game last season!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:14:47 »

Not bad. Same performance as we've come used to but the defence looked (for the most part) decent. Thompson and Jones were excellent. Kasim ran the midfield again, Doughty also very good if a little frustrating.

After Reg's spiel about clean sheets at home.. 2 in 2. 3 in a row if you include the Salop game last season!

It's actually better than that....we kept 2 clean sheets at the end of the season, to take the tally to 3 and equal the worst record.

So 2 already, is encouraging, beer will taste decent tonight.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:15:25 »

Who cares that we won? The attendance was shocking.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:25:59 »

Changing the subject I heard on the radio Mike Bowden now part owns Swindon Speedway. Thats them fucked then
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:32:41 »

Belford has conceded 15 in 5 matches for southport...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:43:46 »

Belford has conceded 15 in 5 matches for southport...
And to think last season a number of our fans were saying he was better than Vigs and should be starting for us. Moral of the story.... Don't base you opinion on someone's footballing abilities by them being nice on Twitter.
Flashheart

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:50:11 »

Sounds ass though Vigs has started the season well for what some were calling an 'average' goalie.

You know what, sometimes it's almost as though some people have no fucking idea what they are talking about.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:51:38 »

Sounds ass though Vigs has started the season well for what some were calling an 'average' goalie.

You know what, sometimes it's almost as though some people have no fucking idea what they are talking about.
Quite...
I'm starting to think Power knows what he's doing with regards to recruitment, imagine that?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:54:41 »

It's actually better than that....we kept 2 clean sheets at the end of the season, to take the tally to 3 and equal the worst record.

So 2 already, is encouraging, beer will taste decent tonight.

This is so true.
Flashheart

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:55:30 »

Quite...
I'm starting to think Power knows what he's doing with regards to recruitment, imagine that?

What? Do you mean to suggest that a person that has spent much of his life in a career in football knows more than those that have probably never spent a single day in the profession?

Madness.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:56:27 »

Who cares that we won? The attendance was shocking.

I'd go so far as to say it sounds wrong.  I wasn' there...but how would you lose 1,000+ home fans since the Coventry game?  Holiday season does affect attendances, but it's been a while since we've seen a crowd figure in the low 6,000s, isn't it?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 16:58:36 »

Recruitment does look decent and credit to Power for that. Only gripe is that it wasn't done sooner.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 17:01:47 »

Very pleased with another win and another clean sheet, although the game won't live long in my memory in all honesty.

Love the look of Lloyd Jones, a proper, old fashioned centre half, just what we've been crying out for, a defender who can defend. Him and Thompson were excellent today.
Rodgers was, well, Rodgers, can't believe he starts ahead of Thomas, Goddard or Stewart.
He sometimes has average to good games, but more often than not he's pretty bloody awful and is a passenger.

Barry was poor first half, but took his goal very well at the start of the 2nd half after a great bit of play from Doughty to alienate two players and slide the ball through.

Kasim controlled the midfield, Brophy was quiet and didn't attack much at all.

Delfouneso looked OK, was quiet, although had some nice touches in the first half. No idea how much of a pre-season he's had so is probably lacking fitness.

Norris looks strong and linked up play well.

Vigouroux was excellent and made some great saves. He's had a brilliant start to the season.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 17:05:40 »

I'd go so far as to say it sounds wrong.  I wasn' there...but how would you lose 1,000+ home fans since the Coventry game?  Holiday season does affect attendances, but it's been a while since we've seen a crowd figure in the low 6,000s, isn't it?
Unfortunately not.  Town end and Arkells looked very empty.  Difficult to tell what DRS was like when you're in it but I was relieved that over 6k.

Some nice touches but PV had the better chances.  Draw would have been about right but v happy to take the win.

I think someone already mentioned the cheering when Rodgers substituted.  Yes he's crap but how is that going to help him or any other player?  I can just about understand it when we're losing but when we're ahead it's moronic.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 17:21:46 »

Great 3 points against Port Vale side who are much improved on previous seasons.

First 20 minutes we were excellent but Barry couldn't create anything despite being our clear outlet. Kasim was running the show but I think Vale realised this and seemed to stop him playing and came into it. Two brilliant pieces of defending from Jones stopped certain goals and we ended the half on the ropes.

Luckily we scored early in the second half. Great work by Doughty who chose not to cross and instead laid a cute pass for Barry who slammed it into the roof of the net. Port Vale weren't done and a mixture of Vigs and great defending kept us in it. We had chances on the break but often the final ball or decision making was lacking.

Kasim was excellent again, on that form it's amazing he's not been snapped up by a Championship side. Doughty is dynamic and full of forward running and the back 3 and keeper seem solid. Norris has great feet for a big man and holds the ball up well and Delfounso worked hard and also won some very good headers. I noticed he makes a lot of runs, often ignored I might add. He can't be fit either so I reckon he was shattered going off. I get a good feeling about him.

Negatives, I guess Rodgers again, he had space to create first half but one of those games where he was making poor decisions and correct to be hooked for Thomas.

Final word for Vigoroux, handling and shot stopping is superb, and his kicking from hand good today also, not one out of play. He could be better than Wes.

Onwards and upwards.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: