Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71398 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #435 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 16:01:30 »

But Corbin has continued the labour party elite's self perceived intellectual superiority to the common man. It's not their fault that the common man cannot operate at their intellectual level and get the argument. The common man then sees it as sneering, pompous fucking drivel that is not grounded in real life. Intellectual theory does not stop people losing jobs etc.
This is also the EU's attitude. Intellectual superiority that needs to be enforced on people because they are too fucking stupid. They don't need to even put the argument so certain are they.
The Tories are just vicious cunts. Bedroom tax etc. Fucking nasty.
It's no surprise the electorate have given a big fuck you. They are disconnected. Who is for them. For them it's worth a throw of the dice because what they have got is shit.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 17:58:48 »

But Corbin has continued the labour party elite's self perceived intellectual superiority to the common man. It's not their fault that the common man cannot operate at their intellectual level and get the argument. The common man then sees it as sneering, pompous fucking drivel that is not grounded in real life. Intellectual theory does not stop people losing jobs etc.
This is also the EU's attitude. Intellectual superiority that needs to be enforced on people because they are too fucking stupid. They don't need to even put the argument so certain are they.
It's no surprise the electorate have given a big fuck you. They are disconnected. Who is for them. For them it's worth a throw of the dice because what they have got is shit.

Good points but the electorate,far from giving a big "fuck you" have given a welcome to the likes of  johnson and gove.hardly men of the people i would have thought

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 18:13:08 »

Oh well played sir. Very much what I would of liked to of said if only I could articulate.
The problem with democracy is letting the bloody poor people have a vote. It was all right when they didn't use it.
Having delivered cars to TUC headquarters, I was appalled to meet university middle class proffesional Carbon copy's of each other. They could not possibly understand my life. I'm no longer a member of a union or the Labour Party.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 18:24:02 »

The problem with democracy is letting the bloody poor people have a vote. It was all right when they didn't use it.

Fewer than half of under 30's could be bothered to vote....so most didn't use it. 
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 18:42:50 »

I seriously can't fathom how Remain failed in places like that. I can't believe people are that stupid

Probably because the Leave campaign promised that anyone receiving EU grants would still get that money until at least 2020.

If you challenged the likelihood of that actually happening then you are a SCAREMONGERER!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 18:48:48 »

I may be thick but i didnt think voters ages were recorded so how do we get these figures about the age demograph?

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 18:53:20 »

I may be thick but i didnt think voters ages were recorded so how do we get these figures about the age demograph?

You're registered on the system, address/name/DOB etc.

When I turned up I have them my address and they found me and put a tick next to my name.. like a register.

I'd imagine it's from that database.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 18:56:11 »

I think one of the polling companies (Ashcroft?) ran a poll on Friday. It also had the vote itself, hence knowing 75% of 24 and unders voted Remain, etc
adje

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 19:11:40 »

So its only a sample poll then.thanks

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 19:39:48 »

There are no official figures but this is out there: http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/06/how-did-different-demographic-groups-vote-eu-referendum
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 20:31:47 »

Fewer than half of under 30's could be bothered to vote....so most didn't use it. 
I don't understand Reg. Surely half (fewer than) of under 30's can't be most of the bloody poor people.

Ps "Bloody poor people" is a standing joke in my family. Long story but the gist is.... Rich farmer talking about my grandfather and his family in a loud voice so that my grandfather could hear him. This during the great depression.
My grandfather couldn't retaliate, however he became a Liberal councillor later in life and did all he could to foil tories such as the farmer.
I'm very proud to be a bloody poor person but could explain the chip I carry on both shoulders, as others on here would see it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:09:16 »

Interesting.but I deduce from that,rightly or wrongly that voters ages are not recorded.

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:10:05 »

Where does this leave UKIP now they've achieved their agenda and reason for being? No need to exist anymore is there? They've got their independence but it appears no fucker has the slightest idea what to do with it now.

inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:13:21 »

Where does this leave UKIP now they've achieved their agenda and reason for being? No need to exist anymore is there? They've got their independence but it appears no fucker has the slightest idea what to do with it now.

They'll still be my protest vote. there is no other party that an indigenous working class guy could vote for.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:14:05 »

Conservative Leave MP, Boris backer: "there is no plan. Leave campaign don't have a post Brexit plan, Number 10 should have had one"
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/747026084944838656
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: