Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GL5Red versus Flashheart!  (Read 42794 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:46:58 »

Power has dismantled a very capable squad.

To say he's dismantled it is inaccurate, you admit yourself we received several million for three players that we realistically were not going to hold on to for much longer anyway. Foderingham was the biggest loss and that was out of Power's control.

the posters on here who respond with insults need to take a step back and maybe consider why loyal fans are genuinely concerned for the club they love.

Isn't this exactly what you've been doing as well?

GL5 Red

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:51:09 »

Someone calls me twat i respond, maybe thats wrong.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:52:51 »

I'm glad it wasn't me!

Clems Army!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:20:08 »

This is kind off of topic - I don't understand people that are within close enough proximity to Swindon to go to games, but don't solely due to apathy (and not finances) yet still go on this forum?
GL5 Red

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:22:25 »

Cracking post Joe.  Seems lots on here comment regularly but never make the effort to go to games.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:29:05 »

I hardly ever go nowadays and when I do don't get worked up about it whatever happens. Pretty much a shrug shoulders, whatever attitude for me.
I can only speak for myself but people's lives and priorities change. Football isn't very important to me anymore. I still have a look on here as Swindon are still my team so I want to read stuff about the club and I like reading non football posts on the forum too but that's as far as it goes.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:30:57 »

My trips to Swindon have been decreased this season by the fact my I'm a new parent. Even if we were top of the league, travelling to the CG would be a distant second to staying at home with my family.

Having never been a ST holder, I still get the buzz of stepping off the train for a football day. That is regardless of form, division and board members.

So I'll still have my opinion too, thank you very much.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:35:38 »

I have chosen not to go since Donny at home. Not really out of apathy. It's difficult to explain really as I went every week when we were proper shite.

It just seems that nobody gives a shit - the owner, the 'manager', the players and a good portion of the fans. The reluctance to waiver from the tippy tappy nonsense when it's plain to all it doesn't work with the players we have.

The inability to seemingly even want to sort out the defensive shambles. I hated sitting there just waiting for the next horrendous cock up gifting yet another goal.

Scarily, I've found it easy to wean myself off my weekly fix
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:37:38 »

My trips to Swindon have been decreased this season by the fact my I'm a new parent. Even if we were top of the league, travelling to the CG would be a distant second to staying at home with my family.

Having never been a ST holder, I still get the buzz of stepping off the train for a football day. That is regardless of form, division and board members.

So I'll still have my opinion too, thank you very much.

I said "solely down to apathy" - fair enough if you've got a newly born child, of course you're not going to go to as many matches.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:49:24 »

I've asked before but does anyone know how sell on fees work? Is it paid in full immediately on the sale of a player or can they be paid in instalments?
I only ask as could it be that a lot of the money we've received from Byrne and the Luongo/Gladwin sales to date has actually gone to Spurs by way of the sell on clauses. We all know transfer fees are paid in instalments but I'm not sure how sell on clauses work. It might not be until we see later instalments from Wolves and QPR that we actually have anything much to spend, just putting it out there...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:53:05 »

That could well be true, but any player we (hopefully) want to buy would be on the same instalment terms.
STFC1879

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:55:56 »

The money from those transfers was spent clearing debts and is gone - Lee Power says this every time there is a phone in and still the same question gets asked over and over

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 18:58:52 »

We were £5m in debt? Where did that come from when Black wiped the debt out.

And according to the accounts we were virtually debt free before we sold those players
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 19:22:28 »

We were £5m in debt? Where did that come from when Black wiped the debt out.

And according to the accounts we were virtually debt free before we sold those players

Because in most cases it costs more to run a football club than the revenue they generate.  Black did not leave it debt free, he's got a debt secured against the club that has to be paid when it is sold.

He did however forego most of the debt he'd ploughed into the club.

We then get the next gang who had a go at running a club, and they ran it a loss of about £2m in a year, same as the year Power then took the reigns, hence the accumulated debt again.

Historically we run at around a £1m-£2m loss per year, with the odd year of player sales covering the losses.

Luongo and Byrne both had huge sell on clauses from Spurs, it's the reason we got them on the relative cheap - Luongo for £400k when he'd been on loan at Ipswich.  Given we sold a few players though there is a fair chance we more than covered the running costs this year, so made a rare profit.  Power has paid back some of the loans he made to the club, maybe a fair chunk of them.

The biggest issue you can lay at his door is not trousering cash, more it's allowing all of them go without a plan to replace them - clearly we didn't have that as we made some last minute deals and ended up playing players who had previously been PR'd as being ones for the future (like Barry).  The test is what we do this summer - unlikely we'll see big departures of anyone significant, so we can judge our in-comings on whether they improve us or not.  If we hit late august and look like we do now, we can probably begin to justify complaints from the fanbase, but if we see a couple of signings that on the face of it create greater depth and strength in the squad, Power will have shown he has learned.
Amir

« Reply #59 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 19:38:10 »

Agree with all of that, Rob, particularly the last paragraph.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: