Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GL5Red versus Flashheart!  (Read 42795 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 14:26:21 »

GL5 Red, it is reasonable to ask you to support a claim that Power is ripping the club apart, is it not?

What evidence we do have, is that 2 years ago we made a loss in the region of £2m+.  Last year we made a profit of just over £80k.  It is entirely possible that with player sales and a Wembley visit, we made a profit in the current year, especially with a lower wage budget.  Over three years, given someone had to fund the initial loss, is it not fair to assume that we are about even?  In which case I imagine Power had paid down some of the loans he made to the club.  He also covered the previous year loss as well, so even a tidy profit this year would only just balance off his investment (which has all been by way of loans to the company).

He was also Chairman during  our best season since the 90's.  Unfortunately, his gamble on being able to replace so many in summer has backfired somewhat if we take him at his word that he wants to get us promoted and then sell.   This season has been a shit one, but even in recent memory we've had worse (and under seemingly better Chairman and owners).

Should he have paid himself back a little less and invested, probably.  He was banking on us maintaining last seasons form, which hasn't happened and them some - as such, while he's got back much of his money, he's probably ending this season in a state where he'll have to loan some more because turnstile money will dip and wages will need subsidising again.  Probably let one or two too many go in hindsight, or at least paid for a few stronger players who didn't need a year or two to get up to the required level.

Mistakes yes, ripping the club off, the evidence suggests now unless there is something else I am not seeing.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 14:33:15 by RobertT » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 14:30:45 »

Tans, seem to recall you being another poster who got very defensive earlier in the season when concerns over Power were voiced.
Please tell me you have attended a home game in the past 5 years, or are you part of the Thailand Reds?

Yes i have a season ticket and have renewed for next season, so that makes me a better fan than you xx
tans

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 14:31:15 »

Oh, im not keen on Power myself but there are bigger things to worry about in life
GL5 Red

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 14:42:17 »

Tans, fair play for renewing, i will listen to your opinion as you support the club.  And yes, there are far more important things so lets just hope we recruit some quality over the summer.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:08:31 »

I must be a shitter fan than flashheart as I live in Swindon and don't go to games....

My opinion counts for nothing...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:13:47 »

Oh, im not keen on Power myself but there are bigger things to worry about in life

Like your dinner, going by your daily Facebook posts! Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:26:29 »

This thread makes me want to kill myself.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:32:01 »

i will listen to your opinion as you support the club.

I've already renewed and in my opinion you're a massive twat.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:32:08 »

Like your dinner, going by your daily Facebook posts! Wink

Most definitely! Cheesy
GL5 Red

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:18:03 »

And you are a prize prick Jay, anything else?
Panda Paws

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:22:06 »

GL5... any danger of you actually responding to RobertT - the one sensible post in this dick-waving contest... Or is the presentation of facts too much to handle?
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:28:34 by Panda Paws » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:27:40 »

@Panda Paws, but as we've already discovered, unless you show GL5 evidence Power is not fucking the club and/or disagree with him you're obviously mentally challenged; his evidence is too strong to refute.

GL5 Red

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:32:24 »

Re Robert, i think it is accurate to say most on here do not have sensitive detail to hand ie accurate figures.  What i base my opinion on, (and may i add at the season started, lots said wait until the season finishes when we are right up there) is Power has dismantled a very capable squad.  A squad containing several players plus a few young lads (Derby) who have been sold and in the process resulted in several million being received.  Combine this with Wembley appearance, also take into consideration the revenue through the turn style then the actual outlay has not been acceptable, where has the money gone? Why do we now owe several million to Power? Why does Power not encourage interaction with the media? Sorry to upset a few, sorry that i feel we are being well and truly mugged off.  Unfortunately, as i have stated throughout i am not alone in my thinking, we will lose supporters at a rapid rate, the posters on here who respond with insults need to take a step back and maybe consider why loyal fans are genuinely concerned for the club they love.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:42:08 »

a lot of these sales of players returns money in installments, over maybe 3 years, so it's not as clear cut as you think.
Panda Paws

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 16:45:46 »

Pretty sure RobertT doesn't have special powers - he's just presenting the facts that are widely available and then making sensible conclusions based on those facts? Apologies Rob, if you do indeed have special powers.

In answer to your question re the media - we can agree or disagree with his media and comms strategy but why he does what he does? It's his decision. His strategy to build and implement as he sees fit. If he sees no monetary return or alternative benefit in widening media access beyond FL obligations, then he is within his rights to implement his strategy, whether we, as very biased commentators, agree or not.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: