Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sarfend match day thread  (Read 26170 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 11:25:19 »

enjoying moaning about a 4-2 win Smiley

There were loads of positives yesterday. Two goal scoring strikers, one who has power and strength and another who is a predator, Barry and Boo having their best attacking halves adding some much needed width and pace. And, I know I'm not going to be popular, but I thought Kasim and Rodgers had good second halfs too.
How many times have we read this season that the strikers had little or no service, they got the service yesterday and proved a point I guess.  The final hour we were so much better at closing down, pressing and winning the ball than we have been, first 30 mins Rodgers and Kasim were awful but they did grow into the game, Kasim especially!
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 11:28:20 »

Last years team were shit loads better than this one, I think NT is just a small part of that.

But its the passing out at all costs that's the issue. Not the idea of passing out itself. Teams scout opposition, they know to press us and watch us disappear up our own arses. But we pass it out even when they are doing so, and even when the oppo is standing next to the man receiving the fucking ball. We aren't good enough. Fuck me, even Holland saw total football would ultimately not work.

While we are on the subect, I've been wholly unimpressed by our method of defending in general for getting on for a year now. Even my 11 year old son takes the piss out of me on FIFA when I don't close him down, the cross comes in and he scores..."don't defend it like Swindon dad...you need to close down the space not stand off and watch."

Yes totally agree re need to mix it up. LW saying how our front men weren't big enuff to receive goal kicks made me think... Well what was Smith last year ? A dwarf ? Someone's telling porkies...

But I'm a happy bunny with the win and the way we came back, played etc. So this isn't a moany post 😄
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 12:44:42 »

We were up against a team that has now let in 11 in three games. The win was nice, but our defence won't be handed the same get out of jail cards most weeks. Suggests we really need a replacement for El Abd.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 13:49:01 »

We were up against a team that has now let in 11 in three games. The win was nice, but our defence won't be handed the same get out of jail cards most weeks. Suggests we really need a replacement for El Abd.
Same can be said about the defences of about 75% of this league. What yesterday did show is that if we up the pace and go more direct we will create chances. More importantly it also showed that contrary to a lot of doom mongers beliefs here is enough in this squad to stay up. 2 or 3 additions will see us comfortably midtable in my opinion.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 15:06:16 »

The defence grew into the game after the first 20 minutes or so, though not enough that I could relax even after we were 3-2 up. I expected a traditional fuck up allowing them to pull us back. Very glad it didn't happen.

Vigs is a very good shot stopper. Reaction keeping at it's best. He has no vision however. I often find myself screaming at him to throw the ball out to Barry, BOO or one of the midfielders in acres of space. This is something we should work on- Vigs being encouraged to look up and react, our defence and midfield learning to be more proactive after Vigs has gained possesion. Get a fucking shift on instead of ambling out all the time, staring at your nice shiny pink/ orange/ green or whtaver colour boots.

I have said any times that we are shit at taking throw ins. Fuck me but I was proved wrong for our second goal. Mind you, probably the exception that proves the rule.

Both Beeks and Ajose's second goals were a joy to watch. Two very good runs. I was with about 90% of the crowd screaming for Beeks to fucking pass it though. I deserve one of these from him however Smug Fuck Off
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 15:55:24 »

I actually thought the first was really good as well, technically very difficult what he did.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 17:19:33 »

Those rum punches tasted sweet last night. Happy to have got my prediction wrong Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 17:40:46 »

I'm not sure it has great relevance, but this is the first post-war season, that we've got into the new year and not had a clean sheet at home. The nearest contender was in the 05/06 relegation season when we got to December 17th before keeping one. 
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 18:23:15 »

I'm not sure it has great relevance, but this is the first post-war season, that we've got into the new year and not had a clean sheet at home. The nearest contender was in the 05/06 relegation season when we got to December 17th before keeping one. 

We have a strong chance with Crewe next week.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 18:41:45 »

We have a strong chance with Crewe next week.

The stats don't really back that up.  Crewe are on 11 away goals scored, and have some company in the low away scorers bracket...foot of the pile Port Vale with 9, 2 at the CG, then Burton as Crewe 11, 1 at the CG...followed by Oldham and Sheff U, both with 12 both scored twice at the CG in wins. Blackpool are also down there, but yet to visit the CG.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 18:42:06 »

Our next 4 fixtures are very winnable, particularly if we get 2 or 3 decent in.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 18:59:08 »

Our next 4 fixtures are very winnable, particularly if we get 2 or 3 decent in.

Vale have one of the better home records in Div 3, it's away they struggle.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 19:23:06 »

We have the voodoo sign on them though, that's why I class it winnable.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 19:31:36 »

We have the voodoo sign on them though, that's why I class it winnable.

I'm hoping that with Mr Smurthwaite wanting out, their season might start to unravel starting Tuesday....but it's very much hoping rather than expecting.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 19:36:14 »

I'm hoping that with Mr Smurthwaite wanting out, their season might start to unravel starting Tuesday....but it's very much hoping rather than expecting.

That is the encapsulation of being a town fan..
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: