Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sarfend match day thread  (Read 26261 times)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 22:19:40 »

Care to elaborate Arriba?
No. Sorry. Don't think I need to make my personal opinion known right now.
Theakstons post says enough anyway.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 23:23:02 »

Stop moaning you bastards it was brilliant.

Wait.. You're not all sober are you?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 23:48:21 »

Ive just had a beer to toast Lemmy.

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 02:10:34 »

Ive just had a beer to toast Lemmy.

We've Vale in the week...it may be a controversial view, but I'm disappointed Lemmy's funeral wasn't in Burslem
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 08:19:29 »

We've Vale in the week...it may be a controversial view, but I'm disappointed Lemmy's funeral wasn't in Burslem

On another note, tell us whether you feel 5 wins in 7 (or 6 wins in 9) have given us a 'fighting chance' in our 'relegation dogfight'
corner

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 08:28:11 »

No. Sorry. Don't think I need to make my personal opinion known right now.
Theakstons post says enough anyway.
That's cool, I see this guy nearly every morning he doesn't come across very approachable, I thought it was just me,
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 08:51:59 »

On another note, tell us whether you feel 5 wins in 7 (or 6 wins in 9) have given us a 'fighting chance' in our 'relegation dogfight'

If we play like we did for the first 20 mins yesterday we wouldn't pick up another point.
Play like we did after that and we will be just fine.
Biggest concern is any depth of squad/team, but hopefully Power will be addressing that in the next couple of weeks. I guess ultimately that will determine how our season ends.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 09:26:16 »

That's cool, I see this guy nearly every morning he doesn't come across very approachable, I thought it was just me,

Im confused who you are talking about now? Williams or Goalkeeping coach as ive found them both very approachable so im surprised by the comments
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 09:31:15 »

Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/football/swindon-vs-southend/340393
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 10:02:50 »

The passing short tactic actually worked pretty well last year, I don't remember us conceding a goal from it. This season it has been a nightmare and we've conceded at least 2 from my memory from trying it.
The difference? Nathan Thompson. He's composed and got us out the shit with it last year, Branco is nowhere near good enough on the ball for it to work with him, hence the goals conceded
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 10:15:09 »

Given us more than a fighting chance. A 1 in 3 win ratio is now enough to stay up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 10:34:16 »

The passing short tactic actually worked pretty well last year, I don't remember us conceding a goal from it. This season it has been a nightmare and we've conceded at least 2 from my memory from trying it.
The difference? Nathan Thompson. He's composed and got us out the shit with it last year, Branco is nowhere near good enough on the ball for it to work with him, hence the goals conceded

Last years team were shit loads better than this one, I think NT is just a small part of that.

But its the passing out at all costs that's the issue. Not the idea of passing out itself. Teams scout opposition, they know to press us and watch us disappear up our own arses. But we pass it out even when they are doing so, and even when the oppo is standing next to the man receiving the fucking ball. We aren't good enough. Fuck me, even Holland saw total football would ultimately not work.

While we are on the subect, I've been wholly unimpressed by our method of defending in general for getting on for a year now. Even my 11 year old son takes the piss out of me on FIFA when I don't close him down, the cross comes in and he scores..."don't defend it like Swindon dad...you need to close down the space not stand off and watch."

Crap defensive coaching.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 10:45:30 »

4-2 win, after being 2-0 behind, would usually be enough to please most people. Looking on the Facebook fan page, it seems we have a lot of supporters with unrealistic expectations who would rather dwell on the negatives. If you can't enjoy a 4-2 win, what's the fucking point?

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 11:11:43 »

If you can't enjoy a 4-2 win, what's the fucking point?

enjoying moaning about a 4-2 win Smiley

There were loads of positives yesterday. Two goal scoring strikers, one who has power and strength and another who is a predator, Barry and Boo having their best attacking halves adding some much needed width and pace. And, I know I'm not going to be popular, but I thought Kasim and Rodgers had good second halfs too.
Flashheart

« Reply #179 on: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 11:19:49 »

To help keep the warm fuzzy glow intact, I'm putting the first 30 minutes down to us being unsettled due to manager and players leaving etc.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: