Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SKY  (Read 58013 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2016, 22:21:21 »

Ok....I got one of those Amazon sticks with Kodi installed.

Had a fumble but cannot get it to work.

Any tips on what adding I should use etc???

I want to watch movies and live football....that's about it.

Hopefully some of you clued up youngins can help?

Google how to install TvTurks for Kodi and also get Phoenix for movies
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2016, 23:34:58 »

Stream All The Sources is the one I favour for films and tv. Genesis won't be around for much longer.

I got a Real-Debrid account the other day and I'm yet to not find anything in non-HD and I've had zero buffering either.

As for sports.....good luck.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 01:18:04 »

Kodi is just the continuation of the old XBMC media player everybody had on old hacked original XBoxes. And everything else which could run anything.

Does killing sky kill your sky+ box? I'm well past the end of my original year. And in a situation similar to everybody above (fuck it). Can I still use it to pick up satalite freeview, or do they go kaput?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 07:20:48 »

They still work, uou just cant record anythjng

Si, what is this real debrid younspeak of?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 07:24:36 »

Does killing sky kill your sky+ box?

The box still works, but your Sky+ subscription ends, so you can no longer record and no longer watch recordings *

* Not sure if you can still watch free to view/free to air channel recordings - I don't think so, but definitely not any that you no longer have a subscription to. You can pay Sky £10 a month to keep the recording facility - but that defeats the point of leaving.

Can I still use it to pick up satalite freeview,

You can still pick up FTA and FTV - the viewing card is still needed for FTV. If Sky change viewing cards and invalidate the old ones you may need a new view card from freesat from sky (£25 just the card, not the £175 box)

http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home/
-----------------
If it were me I'd invest the saved subs into a freesat box with recording capability, though be aware this only gives the FTA and not the FTV channels (not sure there are many/any FTV chans I'd miss though - Motors TV, Sony TV & Sony Movies).

Its a bit more complex than it should be really.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 07:30:29 by Batch » Logged
DRS

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 12:01:26 »

Are these Amazon sticks any good for watching normal TV ? if kids want the cartoons or missus wants Eastenders is it worth getting?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 13:20:05 »

Via Kodi, or legitimately?

Short answer : Amazon provided content : good quality (need prime account). Kodi : Variable but you can probably watch anything you want if you know how (illegally) iplayer: Not used but would expect it to be good.

Long answer:
I find Kodi variable in pic quality, if I used it, which obviously I don't because that would be wrong. However I'm a novice so results may vary.

If you mean using amazon -  then first of all its fairly limited without prime membership. Then I'm not sure how much kids stuff there is on there.

Obviously iplayer is on there - don't know if you need  anything more than an amazon account to get that (assume not).

Quality Is very good on normal amazon provided content. I've only watched through my aging laptop up to getting a stick and that sometimes stuttered/dropped frames. The stick is very difficult to distinguish from broadcast TV quality. I've got 40mbps fiber mind. Not sure how good ADSL is, you'd think anything over 5 mbps would be OK.
DRS

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 13:31:26 »

Cheers Batch. Its all hurting my head to be honest I just basically want to be able to watch what I can on Sky with the additional films and sports but obviously not having to pay the stupid monthly amount
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 13:35:13 »

Can you record using Freesat from Sky ?
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 14:16:41 »

I cancelled my Sky TV subscription last week with the intention of going to Virgin Media (they have special deals running for if you switch to them from Sky), but then I logged into the MySky account and saw a 50% off offer, went on the Live Chat and they gave me the full everything in HD for £40 / month.  The offer applied to any TV bundle, though, not just the full movies and sports etc.

Worth trying, I didn't even pick up the phone, just used live chat to see what VM would offer me if I was to switch, then see if Sky could better it (they couldn't so I cancelled), then again to re-sign up with Sky on the better deal.

never trust a nun...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 15:23:43 »

Quote from: Bewster
Can you record using Freesat from Sky ?
nope, you need to pay sky £10 month, or have a subscription
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 15:24:37 »

timmyg - post #5 man, post #5
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 15:50:02 »

They still work, uou just cant record anythjng

Si, what is this real debrid younspeak of?

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56314.0
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 21:02:54 »

I called Sky and got a big chunk off my bill for threatening to leave.
Found out I'd been a customer of there's for over 10 years, ridiculous really!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 13:47:28 »

I called Sky and got a big chunk off my bill for threatening to leave.
Found out I'd been a customer of there's for over 10 years, ridiculous really!

My job tonight see how much of the £70 I pay Sky I can save  - did they ask how much VM would charge you or give the discount without comment
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: