Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SKY  (Read 58003 times)

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 15:26:59 »

You can get the boxsets on now TV anyway as its part of sky

I don't miss Sky ( esp the bill ). Netflix and nowtv have everything I need though will invest in a fire TV box ( wireless too sketchy for the stick )
Sky seem to want to keep me as a customer despite not really watching it and don't pay anyway.

Arriba - About a month after my Sky went dead from cancelling, they phoned me and gave me it free for 8 months, £10 for 2 months and then £20 for the final 2 months on a non-contract basis.

I wasn't using it so a few weeks ago phoned to cancel again - I also knew my 8 months free was coming up.

A week or so later someone phoned and they did the same offer again from the end of the previous free months, so in essence I get 16 months free and then 2 months at £10 and 2 months at £20. I did only have the basic package on an old Sky+ box though. And I guess they can see how little action the box gets their end so probably know I genuinely don't care about Sky and try to butter me up.

Whereas avid watchers on HD boxes have far more interaction with Sky, so I'm sure they can see if you love them or not and can tell if you're just trying to get a discount by pretending to cancel.

Noted gents. Thanks.
I'll do some research.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 16:02:34 »

You can get the boxsets on now TV anyway as its part of sky

Don't you have to pay for Now TV ?
bevanoli

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 16:11:44 »

I've just cancelled my sky and signed up as a new client for £30 a month which gets me absolutely everything for 12 months.

Got a mate whos a sky engineer. let me know if anyone needs a code

Mark
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 16:26:51 »

Don't you have to pay for Now TV ?

£4.99 for the entertainment package which gets you most of the channels and boxsets.  Movies and sports is extra

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 16:27:28 »

I've just cancelled my sky and signed up as a new client for £30 a month which gets me absolutely everything for 12 months.

Got a mate whos a sky engineer. let me know if anyone needs a code

Mark

How did you manage that, or have you recently moved addresses?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
bevanoli

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 21:36:29 »

Signed up under the wife's name. They don't credit check you

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, March 18, 2016, 09:11:04 »

Unless sky come back to me it's looking like a humax freesat recording box and a firestick - now tv box for me. The Mrs didn't react as I thought she would(I think she thinks no more sky sports, snigger....)
Virgin looks expensive after the 6 month discount period and a few people I've spoken to have slated them. Decisions, decisions.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #82 on: Friday, March 18, 2016, 12:07:23 »

Have you looked at quidco as you can get some good cash back? Depends if you want phone and broadband but it's not much more to add TV on to that, even basic freeview channels.

Failing that I can refer you and we both get 50 quid off.

Or pm Grim Reaper about the zgemma box or I can give you details of where I got mine from if you pm me

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, March 18, 2016, 12:27:14 »

You have mail si.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 07:17:05 »

If you're out of contract and still want Sky, give notice and within 2 or 3 days visit Sky.com/offer25.

I was given 50% off everything, free broadband and £100 bill credit.

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 21:51:43 »

Ordered a now tv box with 3 month entertainment pass for £15(offfer ends at midnight)
Definitely blowing sky out regardless of whatever they may offer me ( currently only thing I've had from them was e-mail saying bill will soon be increased)
Once my bt sport contract is up in August(my sky box will still be able to show this until then) I'll be buying another box of some sort of which I'm yet undecided.

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 11:28:53 »

If anyone is interested sky did eventually call me with an improved offer. They left it until less than a week before it was going off and I stuck to my guns and still cancelled.
I told them they don't do enough for their long term customers and the guy pretty much agreed with me.
If you want to keep your sky and get your bill cut then you could do what I did but obviously accept when they try to keep your custom.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:14:37 »

If you want to keep your sky and get your bill cut then you could do what I did but obviously accept when they try to keep your custom.

How much did they offer off. If < 50% you'll probably start getting the "come back to sky" letters/emails soon. I reckon 60% within 2 months..

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:30:28 »

Yeah 50%.
Got now tv instead and get sports via kodi so ain't fussed. Ain't in enough to watch live football much anyway nowdays. My sky subscription money will be going on a golf club membership instead.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #89 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:27:16 »

Yeah 50%.
Got now tv instead and get sports via kodi so ain't fussed. Ain't in enough to watch live football much anyway nowdays. My sky subscription money will be going on a golf club membership instead.

Which kodi addon are you using for sports?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: