Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23626 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 21:36:04 »

Absolutely wrong....when we win it should be enjoyed to the max, until next game comes along. Even if we lose that one, I'm over it in seconds.

Means I'll still be there, even if we are shit, playing in front of 2000 in Div 4...we have always had too many fans, including many on here, who moan and whinge about this player, that player, can't face Div 3 any more because we should be in the Championship at least...throw their toys at the pram and stop going. Still means a lot to me which is why in our current predicament I look out for fellow strugglers latest scores and results.

I cannot argue with any of that Reg. I totally agree and I'm with you mate (albeit I'm a tad younger - I think). I don't think we should be in the Championship but at the same time we shouldn't be in league two either. We are where we are on merit that's it.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 21:40:29 »

I don't quite understand the argument that a lot of our fans put up.. 'we should be in the Championship' etc..

Based on what? Our unrivalled success over the last 15 years?

Also this bollocks about 'bigger clubs'. At the end of last season I saw people on Facebook and Twitter saying about Bournemouth not deserving to be in the Premier League because we're a much bigger club than them, and that they bought the league and all of this bollocks. I'm sure those same fans would moan about us having some Russian Billionaire take over and take us to the Premier League? Nah, course not. It would be ok if we did, after all, we're bigger than Bayern, but just not as big as Barca.

FWIW I don't particularly like Bournemouth. Mainly for the Richie episode plus they still haven't given me the £1 back I stuck in their bucket 10 years ago. Do they deserve to be in the Prem? Yep, they got there on merit and good luck to them. It's no fairy story as the press would have you believe but they have some true fans who deserve it no doubt.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 21:44:38 »

FWIW I don't particularly like Bournemouth. Mainly for the Richie episode plus they still haven't given me the £1 back I stuck in their bucket 10 years ago. Do they deserve to be in the Prem? Yep, they got there on merit and good luck to them. It's no fairy story as the press would have you believe but they have some true fans who deserve it no doubt.

I agree with all of that..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 22:01:28 »

I agree with all of that..

I'll try not to do that again Darlo. :-)
And yep, one day we hope it might be us. You have to dream the dream. It's what supporting a lower league club is all about.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 22:22:19 »

If we had Black/Di Canio still, we would be higher in the championship.

Yes, the club would be fucked financially, but fans live for 'now'.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 22:42:54 »

If these are worse than us, how come we've lost to Blackpool, Oldham, and ColU? 

No. we've no manager, are likely to see big player changes in the window, which may involve losing key players, so can't be complacent.

Because we had loads of injuries and Cooper was in his final days as manager losing the dressing room in the process. Im pretty sure the team we have seen over the past 6 weeks would have beaten them teams.

Of course we can take a downward spiral again but i think we are better than these teams and im confident we can get 8 more wins to get to the magic 52.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 22:49:47 »

I'll try not to do that again Darlo. :-)
And yep, one day we hope it might be us. You have to dream the dream. It's what supporting a lower league club is all about.

I don't like agreeing, with anyone..

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 22:54:39 »

I don't like agreeing, with anyone..

Oh, I can appreciate that. After all, I'm always right.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 23:30:39 »

Oh, I can appreciate that. After all, I'm always right.

Sure?..

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 3, 2016, 00:35:08 »

Hatred of Bournemouth to me has not been down to the fact they're a small club, it's just an insult levelled at them after the media wank-a-thon that happened following their promotion. We've always had a bit of a persecution complex at STFC - just some would say justifiably and some not.

At the end of the day, promotion to the PL is basically an impossibility unless you've got a man willing to chuck millions of pounds at it. I don't care how idealistic you are, you'd have to be on one hell of a drug to think that a Yeovil to the Championship scenario would happen from the Championship to the Prem. These fairy stories just don't exist. Call it parachute payments, FFP not being FF, the way anyone can walk in and buy a club seemingly without recompense if they fuck it all up - whatever it is, the top division in English football is basically a closed shop unless you get an oligarch.

That is obviously filtering down through the leagues too, just at a reduced level. I mean, look at Shitty. That's why what I used to think of as a "natural level" for a club is a bit of nonsense now. That said, I've always thought ours was L1. It wouldn't be crazy for us to be in div2 or 4, but we'll spend most of the time in 3, assuming things stay as they are.

Doesn't hurt to be ambitious though, trust me Reg. Cheesy coyr

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 3, 2016, 00:56:11 »

Sure?..

If you want a snapshot of current STFC, paolo is your man, there week in week out, home and away. Not like some of us who rock up every now and again drink lots and cant remember a thing..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 3, 2016, 09:23:18 »

Case in point - according to Lawrenson yesterday Eddie Howe is the manager of 2015....
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 3, 2016, 09:31:20 »

Sure?..

Only messing. Like to think I am though. Don't we all? :-)

If you want a snapshot of current STFC, paolo is your man, there week in week out, home and away. Not like some of us who rock up every now and again drink lots and cant remember a thing..

Cheers for the character reference SR. I do enjoy the occasional light ale or 5 myself too...Hopefully we'll enjoy your company at at game soon?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 3, 2016, 10:36:20 »

Only messing. Like to think I am though. Don't we all? :-)

Cheers for the character reference SR. I do enjoy the occasional light ale or 5 myself too...Hopefully we'll enjoy your company at at game soon?
I think I know what you mean.. Although I don't think I've ever been right before. How does it feel?

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 3, 2016, 12:16:22 »

I think I know what you mean.. Although I don't think I've ever been right before. How does it feel?

Feels good to "think" you're right. To actually be right, no idea!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: