Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23522 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:01:41 »

Looks like 3 points above it is Sad

Well at least Blackpool and Shrews lost at keep them below us
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:02:40 »

There are at least 5 teams worse than us. Blackpool, Oldham, Crewe, Colchester and Shrewsbury. I think we will be fine.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:06:26 »

I just hope we retain the services of at least one of Louis/Gladwin...lose both and things may become a little nervy as we will have to do (and spend) very well to find replacements of similar quality.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:07:02 »

There are at least 5 teams worse than us. Blackpool, Oldham, Crewe, Colchester and Shrewsbury. I think we will be fine.

It had better be. Could be mildly fun/interesting/horrible in L1 next season with Oxford and possibly both Bristol sides joining us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:10:31 »

If these are worse than us, how come we've lost to Blackpool, Oldham, and ColU? 

No. we've no manager, are likely to see big player changes in the window, which may involve losing key players, so can't be complacent.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:18:21 »

That's really how you judge things, dear me

Sometimes, just sometimes, you lose to worse teams than yourselves just like you sometimes beat better teams
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:23:28 »

Well at least Blackpool and Shrews lost at keep them below us

At least Bristol City lost....because that is always a help to us.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:24:47 »

No. we've no manager, are likely to see big player changes in the window, which may involve losing key players, so can't be complacent.

We beat Walsall, why aren't we third?!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:29:18 »

we have a whole one half of our league program to go.

it is all in OUR hands

IMO the results of others have no bearing at this point.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 17:49:28 »

I just hope we retain the services of at least one of Louis/Gladwin...lose both and things may become a little nervy as we will have to do (and spend) very well to find replacements of similar quality.

I think this is the point. I think we would just about stay up if there was a status quo.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 19:14:11 »

C'mon Reg, you know that's not how it works. We doubled Leeds a few seasons ago, and who got promoted?

Of course we can't be complacent, and I think we are one of a number of teams that will be battling against relegation come the latter part of the season, especially if the January window goes against us. However, despite not playing today, and with some relegation battlers winning, we did not drop any places.

All to play for.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 19:18:06 »

That's really how you judge things, dear me

Sometimes, just sometimes, you lose to worse teams than yourselves just like you sometimes beat better teams

Just over half way through the season, our position tells us that the aforementioned sides are similar to us....probably got a few issues with loans, having lost some key players, quite likely on a 2nd manager. Like us they'll be capable of the odd good result and several shit results...it will probably be a few points here and there at season's end which will decide status for the following year.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 21:06:20 »

There are no sides worse than us in Reg's world. Even if we win we have to worry about what happens next week...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 21:20:15 »

There are no sides worse than us in Reg's world. Even if we win we have to worry about what happens next week...

Absolutely wrong....when we win it should be enjoyed to the max, until next game comes along. Even if we lose that one, I'm over it in seconds.

Means I'll still be there, even if we are shit, playing in front of 2000 in Div 4...we have always had too many fans, including many on here, who moan and whinge about this player, that player, can't face Div 3 any more because we should be in the Championship at least...throw their toys at the pram and stop going. Still means a lot to me which is why in our current predicament I look out for fellow strugglers latest scores and results.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 21:22:25 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 2, 2016, 21:32:51 »

I don't quite understand the argument that a lot of our fans put up.. 'we should be in the Championship' etc..

Based on what? Our unrivalled success over the last 15 years?

Also this bollocks about 'bigger clubs'. At the end of last season I saw people on Facebook and Twitter saying about Bournemouth not deserving to be in the Premier League because we're a much bigger club than them, and that they bought the league and all of this bollocks. I'm sure those same fans would moan about us having some Russian Billionaire take over and take us to the Premier League? Nah, course not. It would be ok if we did, after all, we're bigger than Bayern, but just not as big as Barca.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: