Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greenmeadow  (Read 12003 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 16:16:31 »

In particular the Severn avenue area.

Anyone live in that area? What's it like?

The reason I ask, is that we have had an offer on a house accepted, and we drove around the area and a few cars had been broken into.

What's the shield and dagger like nowadays?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 16:22:33 »

God's waiting room.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 16:24:19 »

Used to live on Severn Avenue, works van was broken into 3 times in a year. The missus car once too. Used to be a nice area but is targeted by young scallies that live in a certain council estate across the field.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 16:32:22 »

Used to live on Severn Avenue, works van was broken into 3 times in a year. The missus car once too. Used to be a nice area but is targeted by young scallies that live in a certain council estate across the field.

Thanks.

When was this? Many house burglaries?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 16:37:50 »

2012-2013. I only recall one genuine house burglary at a neighbours a few doors down, this was when the field was occupied with 'travellers'.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 16:39:22 »

The houses look well built. Is the area safe though? Are people friendly enough?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 16:44:06 »

I suppose up to ten or so years ago, I used to get a bus out to Severn Avenue, walk up onto the Sevenfields Conservation area, along the side Penhill Copse at the end of The Valley  Wink, then on up to the Abbey Stadium and hence on to Blunsdon, and the paths out to Stanton, Hannington etc.

I liked it, although urban, there were plenty of quiet routes, and the Conservation Area a hidden treasure, the Romans had built a place up on the ridge, you could see why.  Then a load of houses roads etc were dumped up there, and it ruined the whole of north Swindon. I tried to see if it was still possible to find something like the old route, but impossible.

I suppose though every cloud has a silver lining and the good denizens of The Valley, must have been made up to get the extra targets on their doorstep.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 16:45:52 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 17:40:31 »

I lived in Severn avenue, loved it. Superb neighbours. '88 - '98. I regret selling my 3 bed semi to this day. Lived on the even number side going up towards the Whitworth Road end.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 17:44:45 »

The house we have made an offer on is Coln Cresent. So the other end. I think it was a shock see a car which had been broken into over night so close to where we could live.

I know it could happen anywhere, but I want the family to feel safe.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 18:26:44 »

I know it could happen anywhere, but I want the family to feel safe.
Is anywhere safe these days?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 18:46:21 »

Very true.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 20:47:11 »

Always used to be a decent area.  I wonder how the character of the place will have changed now that it's surrounded on all sides by other suburbs/areas of town.  Used to be very near the edge of town/close to open countryside, but not any more.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 20:52:59 by Ardiles » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 21:05:11 »

Is anywhere safe these days?

I've lived in Okus, Old Town for 2 years now and I've never felt safer. Not that i would but if i went out and realized i hadn't locked the door behind me, i wouldn't be too fussed.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 21:07:44 »

I've lived in Okus, Old Town for 2 years now and I've never felt safer. Not that i would but if i went out and realized i hadn't locked the door behind me, i wouldn't be too fussed.
What's your address? Just curious.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 6, 2015, 21:09:10 »

What's your address? Just curious.

Like i said, Not that i would, but IF.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: