Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United - Matchday Thread  (Read 22275 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:46:34 »

I don't think it is yet inevitable that we'll go down, but something will need to change because atm we're not close to being competitive in games. 

Hopefully that change might be getting players back fit, but there's a bit of a pattern here, which suggests it might not be just "bad luck"

Div 4 is a bit of a southern league, and with FGR 5 points clear in the Conference could make for an interesting derby.

It's Oct 10th, Reg.  When has it ever been inevitable that anyone was going down on Oct 10th?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:48:42 »

It was a cracking header. Maybe Coops missed the colour of the shirt the guy was wearing..

Probably all been said but I think "promising start ruined by typically comical defending" sums it up.
Thought the fans were quite good - I mean relatively speaking. Does go to show when you give fans something to cheer about they will (ish). Noticed in particular a few "we want Cooper out"s being out sung after the 1st goal, respect.

Ajose still isn't a winger, and that ball Rodgers couldn't be arsed to run for late in the 2nd half was the sort of thing that'll get any fan riled up, no matter how optimistic they are we can turn the game around.
Time for several alcoholic beverages I think. Never mind a glass half full or empty, just fill mine to the top Pint

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:49:39 »

Just incredible how many injuries/players unavailable we have.
First 30 minutes we looked pretty good although lacking in final third.

Gladwin was good, as was Brophy. El Abd tried hard and once he gets match fit will make a difference.

Their 2nd goal was the worst fucking goal i've ever seen us concede, even worse than Notts County a few years ago when Hart was in charge.

That's the first time that I can remember that I didn't raise a smile when our goal went in, that's how low I felt at the time.

Hylton, Rodgers, Branco & Ajose were all dogshit today.

I don't think sacking Cooper is the answer. The amount of unavailable players we have currently is just shit luck. By the end of November we'll have an idea of where we are position and players wise and make a decision then.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:55:22 »

Just incredible how many injuries/players unavailable we have.
First 30 minutes we looked pretty good although lacking in final third.

Gladwin was good, as was Brophy. El Abd tried hard and once he gets match fit will make a difference.

Their 2nd goal was the worst fucking goal i've ever seen us concede, even worse than Notts County a few years ago when Hart was in charge.

That's the first time that I can remember that I didn't raise a smile when our goal went in, that's how low I felt at the time.

Hylton, Rodgers, Branco & Ajose were all dogshit today.

I don't think sacking Cooper is the answer. The amount of unavailable players we have currently is just shit luck. By the end of November we'll have an idea of where we are position and players wise and make a decision then.

By the time he's match fit he will probably be back in bristol@

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:56:46 »

It's Oct 10th, Reg.  When has it ever been inevitable that anyone was going down on Oct 10th?

I've seen a few Town sides which smelt of relegation at this stage of a season....73/74, 93/94, 99/00, 05/06 and duly obliged.  As I say we're not quite there yet.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:59:50 »

Whatever way you look at it any club in the world would struggle with having 10 players unavailable.

What's frustrating is getting things that we can control so badly wrong. I don't agree with inviting such vast amounts of pressure on ourselves when we've got a patchwork 11 on the pitch. First goal was a ridiculous passage of play where nobody took control of a number of loose balls. Defending your own penalty box is not the time for little toe pokes and trying to find a man in red. Just get it out. El-Abd had the right idea - cleared his lines when necessary and only tried to keep possession when there was a clear option. Man of the match along with Brophy for me. Second goal is just ridiculous. Started the half well and gave ourselves a much tougher task than it needed to be.

Ajose was dreadful and went into hiding, Hylton struggled, the rest were average apart from Brophy and El-Abd.

We will get better, probably around Christmas, keep the faith!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:00:03 »

In 2005/06 we started away at Barnsley - with Michael Pook on the left wing. I called our relegation 11 minutes into that season.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:04:43 »

In 2005/06 we started away at Barnsley - with Michael Pook on the left wing. I called our relegation 11 minutes into that season.

Do you know tonight's lottery numbers?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:04:52 »

Got to stay in this league, with City coming down and Rovers going well - and dare I say it the scum in with a bit of a chance would be a few tasty derby games!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:18:47 »

One team playing with renewed confidence under a new manager, the other all over the place with the two latest loanees being the pick of the players. On current form our position is looking decidedly precarious and whether a change of manager would make a big difference I am not certain as the players currently missing would in all probability change the formation and results for the better I would hope.

I was hoping that Hylton would take the step up as Gladwin did last season but still looks well down on Divvy 1 requirements, Ajose not the player I remember, BOO struggling, Rodgers flatters to decieve, Brophy could be one for the future and the remainder on show today that are "ours", are still learning and need more time which will start running out all too soon.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:19:55 »

I thought Brophy and Traore were decent. As were El-Abd and Gladwin. There was a passage of play in the second half where we looked like we may score, but typically it was over played and fizzled out. Shame we have so many players out right now. Disappointed, but not suicidal.. I don't go every week though.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:23:33 »

Second half at least we showed a bit of fight and urgency. I wasn't looking when posh scored so will have to watch the highlights to see just how bad it was. We then picked up the tempo and started using Brophy who was in acres on the left and showed some drive and desire to get us moving forward. Sadly his balls into the box weren't bit first time and chances would be lost as nobody wanted to hit the fucking thing, apart from Gladwin, who kept hitting the town end roof.

Hylton and Ajose were about as dangerous as Noel Edmonds in a page three's next top model competition and Ojamaa wasn't much better when he came on.

I thought Gladwin showed guile but did too much at times but was a class above anyone else. Branco and El abd did quite well and at least weren't afraid to head the ball when it came near them. Brophy was a threat on the left wing but isn't a left back, two poor efforts when faced with the winger who got to the byline easily.

The final 11 had Brophy, Randall and Iandolo on the field which shows the injury problems we are facing. Millwall away and then Oldham and Coventry at home won't be easy. We could very easily be in the bottom 3 soon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:26:15 »

It's Oct 10th, Reg.  When has it ever been inevitable that anyone was going down on Oct 10th?

Blackpool, last year. Luton, that year the Football League stiffed them by deducting 30 points. I take your point, however,I said to Mrs Donkey today after we lost that relegation is on the cards. Hope I'm wrong of course.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:34:58 »

How much does each home game cost you?

I'm at my parents today but can't really afford a ticket anyway. Can't see a win today.

So I have a season ticket so just have to pay the train fare which is either about £40 to Swindon return or £25 to didcot return where my dad picks me up and drops me off. Add on lunch and a couple of pints at about £15 or so and the £5 or so tube journeys from Queenstown Road to Paddington and it's about £50-60, which is priceless for the current entertainment I'm enduring.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:10:56 »

So I have a season ticket so just have to pay the train fare which is either about £40 to Swindon return or £25 to didcot return where my dad picks me up and drops me off. Add on lunch and a couple of pints at about £15 or so and the £5 or so tube journeys from Queenstown Road to Paddington and it's about £50-60, which is priceless for the current entertainment I'm enduring.
Fuck me. It'd be about the same for me aside from the tube and I couldn't justify that every fortnight even with a season ticket.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: