Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United - Matchday Thread  (Read 22221 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:10:01 »

Not much to add, but why doesn't Rodgers ever seem to tackle and get a foot in?  Is he incapable, or under instruction to hold off and let opponents do what they want?

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:15:13 »

Cooper has to take some blame for these injuries some are wholly avoidable.

Some down to training/fitness
Which ones, precisely?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:23:03 »

Improved, but still not good enough. Literally all of our chances were created by Gladwin and he was the one who looked most likely to score.
Really? Did he get a shot on target? I assumed he was caught up in Rugby World Cup fever as he seemed to be trying for a conversion every time - he hit that orange banner over the top of the Town End at least four times in the second half. Not slating him as he clearly needs to get his eye in and at least he was trying to get shots off, but he never looked like scoring to me.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:30:02 »

Really? Did he get a shot on target? I assumed he was caught up in Rugby World Cup fever as he seemed to be trying for a conversion every time - he hit that orange banner over the top of the Town End at least four times in the second half. Not slating him as he clearly needs to get his eye in and at least he was trying to get shots off, but he never looked like scoring to me.

Perhaps not worded correctly.  I should have said got himself into the best positions to score rather than looked most likely.

Did he really say that. Really?

Yes, I even double checked with my dad who was in the car with me that I'd heard correctly.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:32:18 by joteddyred » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:33:33 »

Perhaps not worded correctly.  I should have said got himself into the best positions to score.
Fair enough. At least he looked like he was trying to. So, on reflection possibly your original "looked most likely to score" may well be right, albeit in a not terribly competitive field. Given the players on the pitch, it could have been a whole lot worse. Some of the newer/younger lads gave a good account of themselves. Some of the supposedly more senior players need to have a bit of a look at themselves.
REDBUCK

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:47:32 »

I'm not sure Rogers would find himself no matter how hard he looked
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:56:49 »

That was fantastic entertainment but I would prefer to watch football.
Good job Belfield didn't let that second goal in, he wouldn't of heard the last of it. Reminded me of the comedy goal keeper we had at Burton a few years back.
The fact that Gladys looked so good is testament to our current policy of picking up kids to do a mans job.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 21:23:34 »

He had 3 cracking shots blocked as well but yes, most of them were way off target but at least he was having a go.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 22:34:34 »

Cooper doesn't think we deserved to lose and always thought we were going to score.  Oh do fuck off.  We scored through an own goal and never tested their keeper really.

What a muppet this man is. Out of his depth. Even Power told him how shit we were on Tuesday but according to him we played weĺl. Time to get rid. We have been shit since March
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 04:38:04 »

As some of you know...I was fucking fuming with that shower of shit on Tuesday night.

Yesterday I just shrugged my shoulders at the end.

An improvement but same old story.

I liked the City lad, who seemed to be vocal in getting the backs organised.

Gladwin showed some application without any end product and Brophy caught the eye with some good runs down the left.

Without Obika we looked short up front, Hylton looked conference and Ajose looked like Rodgers...a position thief.

The first posh goal was coming for ten minutes, the second was one of the worst I have ever seen conceded at the Town.

We had a purple patch of pacy pocession for a few minutes after the OG but that was about it.

We're shit and I'm sick of it...

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 09:53:55 »

He had 3 cracking shots blocked as well but yes, most of them were way off target but at least he was having a go.
He did have the shot that the keeper fumbled in the first half but was just too greedy and shooting constantly from 25 yards and way, way over the bar is not good enough.  yet he looked like he was running the game completely for the first half until they scored - a near post goal that should really not have happened!
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 10:25:45 »

Cooper has to take some blame for these injuries some are wholly avoidable.
Some down to training/fitness
If that was the case (which I doubt) surely it's Williams' head that should be on the block?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 10:42:49 »

Fuck me. It'd be about the same for me aside from the tube and I couldn't justify that every fortnight even with a season ticket.

I rarely do the midweek games and don't really go out Saturday night's anymore so don't think it's too much of a cost.

I don't have the financial burden of children either so I'm happy with the financial outlay.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 10:53:54 »

I think the way we are at the moment was summed up towards the end of the first half when ajose and Louis Thomson had a mini argument/discussion. It was patently obvious that neither player knew what they were supposed to be doing/marking so I doubt the rest of the team do.

Combe Down

« Reply #149 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 11:42:20 »

I don't have the financial burden of children either so I'm happy with the financial outlay.

Exactly. Some people seem to forget that having children is a lifestyle choice. Get your priorities right!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: