Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United - Matchday Thread  (Read 21968 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 11:44:42 »

Exactly. Some people seem to forget that having children is a lifestyle choice. Get your priorities right!

Or a biological restriction.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Combe Down

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:16:54 »

There are many ways to have children including fucking, artificial insemination, surrogacy or, as every father does, adoption of a child borne by a female.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:25:14 »

This season is going a bit like we did in 2002/3 under Kingy. Good start with a hat trick on 1st day of the season, a demoralising local derby defeat with a silly sending off. We lost 7 on the bounce and the turning point was a draw with Colchester I think.

We were in a bigger mess financially and Kingy had nothing to work with. Remember Coppell walking away saying we were doomed. Yet we dragged ourselves out of it, went on a decent run and were not far off A play off spot.

Of course 2010/11 is the more worrying comparison but I think everyone is so scarred or spooked by that season that we won't allow ourselves to sleep walk into a relegation battle believing we are too good to go down.
REDBUCK

« Reply #153 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:33:23 »

I think the way we are at the moment was summed up towards the end of the first half when ajose and Louis Thomson had a mini argument/discussion. It was patently obvious that neither player knew what they were supposed to be doing/marking so I doubt the rest of the team do.

Did you over hear what they were arguing about then?

It could equally have been Ajose moaning about the ball not being played forward quick enough when he made runs, which he frequently made in the first 20 mins. Thompson also seem to know exactly what he was doing at full back it's just he has to deal with Rogers being shite as well
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:39:28 »

Did you over hear what they were arguing about then?

It could equally have been Ajose moaning about the ball not being played forward quick enough when he made runs, which he frequently made in the first 20 mins. Thompson also seem to know exactly what he was doing at full back it's just he has to deal with Rogers being shite as well

I know Ajose got really angry with Brophy at one point. The one player that Ajose looked like he was enjoying playing with was Gladwin cause he actually tried to send him through on multiple occasions.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:46:22 »

There are many ways to have children including fucking, artificial insemination, surrogacy or, as every father does, adoption of a child borne by a female.

Wow
Spud

« Reply #156 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:57:36 »

There was one through ball by Gladwin that would have set Ajose through on goal but he played it too wide of him. He was fuming!

Been impressed with Brophy. He looked good at Oxford until the positional changes after the sending off.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 13:35:52 »

This season is going a bit like we did in 2002/3 under Kingy. Good start with a hat trick on 1st day of the season, a demoralising local derby defeat with a silly sending off. We lost 7 on the bounce and the turning point was a draw with Colchester I think.

We were in a bigger mess financially and Kingy had nothing to work with. Remember Coppell walking away saying we were doomed. Yet we dragged ourselves out of it, went on a decent run and were not far off A play off spot.

Of course 2010/11 is the more worrying comparison but I think everyone is so scarred or spooked by that season that we won't allow ourselves to sleep walk into a relegation battle believing we are too good to go down.

In 2002/03 we didn't sell the player who got the hat trick!!
Sometimes that's the difference, just one player....who will smash you 20 goals. Can't see one here at the moment.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 13:49:30 »

Without wanting to make some form of Alan Hansen type comment but Hylton is unlikely to make any impact at league one level.   

Nothing to see here
REDBUCK

« Reply #159 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:26:40 »

Certainly not as the loan striker batting a man mountain.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:53:57 »

Certainly not as the loan striker batting a man mountain.
Isn't he on a permanent deal?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:55:08 »

as I said Hylton looks like a kaid mohammed
REDBUCK

« Reply #162 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 15:07:12 »

Isn't he on a permanent deal?

not with you
Batch
Not a Batch