Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN vs COLCHESTER UTD - matchday thread  (Read 28090 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 17:58:55 »

We're going to take longer than most to gel, given how late on our squad has been assembled.  Just important that we kick on in October & November.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:00:27 »

Why no attendance announcement again?
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:04:22 »

I'm sure you say stuff like that just to wind me up.  There's no mistaking that we're in a rut at the moment, but if the aspiration for this season is to get to 52 points then I think I'd give the next 7½ months a miss.

Of course it's a squad development period, I'll agree with that.  But a club like ours - with the relative resources we have at our disposal compared with most at this level - we have to aim at the top 6 every season.  No ifs or buts.  We're long overdue a stint in the 2nd tier now.
Really.
Apart from a couple of freak seasons,Stfc are an average and always  will be a Div 3 club imo.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:09:53 »

Massive problems for me. When we the last time we lost 3 in a row at home or full stop? Home form is really poor and away not much better either. Cooper seems a bit clueless this season. He isn't picking the right formation for the players he has and when he picks the team there is always at least 1 player out of position. Subs were baffling today as well.

The problem for me is that we have too many players for similar positions that there are a few positions that can't be filled. As a result we have to have a makeshift starting line up and formation and it doesn't help. Powers recruitment might just have been a bit off in the summer window. Too many eggs in one basket. Could be a long season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:10:39 »

without serious investment long term yes, but ephemeral trips into the league above are possible.

will settle for regs 52 points right now.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:11:26 »

I like Cooper, and he's had a whole side taken away from underneathe him and had to start again. What worries me is the speculation about him leaving in the summer, does he want to be here, does Power want him here?
For that reason I would make a change, not because I think he is a bad manager, but because im not sure everyone is happy, and it is showing on the pitch.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:17:59 »

I like Cooper, and he's had a whole side taken away from underneathe him and had to start again. What worries me is the speculation about him leaving in the summer, does he want to be here, does Power want him here?
For that reason I would make a change, not because I think he is a bad manager, but because im not sure everyone is happy, and it is showing on the pitch.

This totally.  Something just doesn't seem quite right. 

At the moment, it feels very similar to 2010/11 when we also had a strong squad of players on paper.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:26:37 »

2 away games in the next week against Doncaster who are shit and Blackpool who are really shit will prove how shit we really.

Incidentally if you are the tool who was behind me today, shouting 'get it forward' and 'play it on the floor' as well as 'Cooper you cunt' just to let you know, you are really a bit simple.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:32:27 »

Really.
Apart from a couple of freak seasons,Stfc are an average and always  will be a Div 3 club imo.

Division 3 is our natural home, sure enough - but at the upper end of it.  Law of averages dictates that if that is our level, we should have an excursion to Division 2 every now & then.  In the last 15 years, we've had two separate visits (happily both brief ones) to Division 4.  I'm just saying that a club whose natural level is at the upper end of Division 3 should now be due a spell - even a short one - in the level above.  There are many clubs smaller than ours that have been up there (and higher) since we last were.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:35:19 »

I have followed town since 89, 26 years. I would say for the first 6 years we were shouts for a solid championship side, for the last 20 years I'd agree with the league one status.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 18:44:24 »

I'm sure you say stuff like that just to wind me up.  There's no mistaking that we're in a rut at the moment, but if the aspiration for this season is to get to 52 points then I think I'd give the next 7½ months a miss.

Of course it's a squad development period, I'll agree with that.  But a club like ours - with the relative resources we have at our disposal compared with most at this level - we have to aim at the top 6 every season.  No ifs or buts.  We're long overdue a stint in the 2nd tier now.

Then I'd suggest you prepare to be a football free zone, until the next cricket season gets into swing....we've 2 massive fixtues ahead,  against 2 fellow strugglers and need to stop the rot asap, or the 52 will start to look a bit distant.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:23:22 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:00:27 »

Why buy a winger/striker and play him at wing back.
Did anyone explain to Ojaama he was at wing back or what that meant? As he seemed neither to get on the wing, nor to track back. As for the "run all day" stuff, hmm, "run when he felt like it" looked more like to me. I know he's new to the squad and so might be taking time to fit in etc etc in which case why is he getting a start?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:27:20 »

Did anyone explain to Ojaama he was at wing back or what that meant? As he seemed neither to get on the wing, nor to track back. As for the "run all day" stuff, hmm, "run when he felt like it" looked more like to me. I know he's new to the squad and so might be taking time to fit in etc etc in which case why is he getting a start?

Indeed.  At the moment, I'm not really sure what he offers.  His crossing was utter rubbish as well.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:27:58 »

Probably in his contract he has to play Wink
Skinny Pete

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:35:41 »

He legged it out of Legia cos they used him as a winger. He sees himself as a No 10
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: