Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN vs COLCHESTER UTD - matchday thread  (Read 28096 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:31:27 »

17th wasn't what I envisaged that's for sure.

Power has invested in this squad and is obviously not 100% convinced by Cooper.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:39:13 »

Right that was infuriating.

So slow, poor in the final third when we eventually got there and exposed very easily at the back. Highlighted for me when branco or williams charged forward with the ball about 30/40 metres but had no runners, no movement and lost the ball.

Robert needs to play in behind the front two, not out wide. Traore was pretty poor so dont understand why kasim was taken off and not him. Ojamma was very dissapointing and reminded me today of alan o'brian - runs all day, very quick but no end product. Ajose and hylton as a front two is a bit worrying as they are both so small and we cant hold the ball upfront.

I'd rather play 352 as we can't defend for shit regardless of formation and at least today we did look threatening at times. Ojamma and ajose should both have scored from a few yards out.

Colchester had the game plan anyone use against us and it worked once again, decent side I thought.

Assuming thomas is out and no players back for Tuesday I'd go for this as my 11:

Vig
Branco williams turnbull
Kasim louis
ojamma robert boo/brophy
Ajose hylton
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:39:50 »

One word review: tedious

One sentence tactical analysis: Square pegs, round holes.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:48:06 »

We've already nosedived

blimey if you think that, youve got a short memory  Wink
normy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:50:12 »

The most glaring example of our players out of natural positions was Ojamma, who was almost non-existent  defensively, and it allowed Colchester to dominate on that side, which set the pattern for the game early on.

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:51:10 »

Still to early for the panic button.

Maybe, but as I said earlier lose this and the alarm bells are ringing, which they most definitely now are. 

Talk of sacking Cooper is frankly ridiculous, this was always going to be a difficult campaign, where getting to 52 is the target and hopefully see some of the players develop, and as such patience is required.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:52:04 »

The most glaring example of our players out of natural positions was Ojamma, who was almost non-existent  defensively, and it allowed Colchester to dominate on that side, which set the pattern for the game early on.

Why buy a winger/striker and play him at wing back. To get 2 up front? nobody was crying out for that. Get as many players in to their best positions as possible.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:55:12 »

Gash  Bad Mood
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 16:56:46 »

Can't understand why took Kasim and Robert off but left Ojaama on for whole 90 minutes. Thought Williams deserved mom and  Thompson and Ajose both better than last week. Really missed Thomas after he went off - Hylton lots of effort but endless wrong decisions and no end product. Balmy and Brophy both getting game time is a bit of a worry for me both got potential but just emphasises to me lack of focus and control this season compared to last. Real lack of quality on show today. We are badly missing Nathan Byrne imho. How long is Obika out for?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 17:29:52 »

It's getting so frustrating how bad we are defensively. Week in, week out we concede cheap goals and have to work so hard to score ourselves. Burton have got it right, and that's why they're top
Skinny Pete

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 17:40:19 »

All very well saying 'have patience' but the defensive side of our game has been our achilles heel for ages - and nothing has changed, it's actually got worse.

If Cooper can't come up with a way of sorting it out, then let somebody else try.

Problem with any managerial change is there wont be many who would accept the 'Power' way of doing things.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 17:43:08 »

All very well saying 'have patience' but the defensive side of our game has been our achilles heel for ages - and nothing has changed, it's actually got worse.

If Cooper can't come up with a way of sorting it out, then let somebody else try.

Problem with any managerial change is there wont be many who would accept the 'Power' way of doing things.

This. You win leagues or get promoted by being solid defensively first. The only time we keep clean sheets are luck really.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 17:45:12 »

Maybe, but as I said earlier lose this and the alarm bells are ringing, which they most definitely now are. 

Talk of sacking Cooper is frankly ridiculous, this was always going to be a difficult campaign, where getting to 52 is the target and hopefully see some of the players develop, and as such patience is required.

I'm sure you say stuff like that just to wind me up.  There's no mistaking that we're in a rut at the moment, but if the aspiration for this season is to get to 52 points then I think I'd give the next 7½ months a miss.

Of course it's a squad development period, I'll agree with that.  But a club like ours - with the relative resources we have at our disposal compared with most at this level - we have to aim at the top 6 every season.  No ifs or buts.  We're long overdue a stint in the 2nd tier now.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 17:46:39 »

3 home defeats in a row to not very good sides. Bodes well!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 17:56:28 »

Another weekend fucked.

I thought last week was bad.

Silver lining.....being shit in September is the best time to be shit.

Mid table...and we should all be thankful.....

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: