Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN vs COLCHESTER UTD - matchday thread  (Read 28158 times)
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:49:20 »

I saw a very despondent Mark Cooper walking home on his own with a carrier bag of booze this evening. Either watching the rugger or drowning his sorrows  Pint
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:13:41 »

Indeed.  At the moment, I'm not really sure what he offers.  His crossing was utter rubbish as well.

Was the best player at Barnsley. Hot and cold so far at home. Think Ajose's the one at the moment most struggling to justify his place.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:16:13 »

Give the little Irish fella a go.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:23:07 »

Fickle or what!

- A couple of weeks ago we had allegedly assembled a squad of Galacticos!
- Sacking Cooper? If we were going to do that, we should have done it after the play off final.
- Vigaroux disciplinary issues? What did he do?
- Are Coopers hands tied by the details of the loans? Do certain players 'have' to play? Would we be better off losing the loans?
- What is going on with Kasim? All does not seem well.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:32:52 »

We've been shit all season really. Only the 45 mins against Bradford have been any good.

The rest of the games we've either lost or could/should have been beaten.

We've played 6 at home and only won once. The standard of our play has been poor and shows no signs of improving.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:44:40 »

We've been shit all season really. Only the 45 mins against Bradford have been any good.

The rest of the games we've either lost or could/should have been beaten.

We've played 6 at home and only won once. The standard of our play has been poor and shows no signs of improving.

Can't argue with any of that.  I know it wasn't the same team, but we've been shit since March really with the same problems there now as there was then.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 22:43:51 »

Main issues for me right now with our predicament

1) rumour is power is using the club like a football agent.  i.e. Keeping us afloat but pocketing transfer fees.  Next set of accounts will clear this one up as either myth or truth.  But this concept is abhorrent to me personally whilst clever on powers part we are not a plaything and a fancy scoreboard doesn't cut it.

2) Whilst I like the total football at times you do have to adapt as playing the way we do doesn't pose the opposition many questions.  i.e. we leave a player up the field when defending but refuse to ever kick/throw it long so it's a hollow attacking threat.

3) We are fudging our defence as we have only one recognised fullback and it shows.  Sorry but Nathan Thompson is our best centre back and asking him to go back to being a full back is madness.  Jordan turdball also looks a shadow of the player he was last season playing out of position. (Thompson and turdball should be when fit the two centre backs with boo and omfg we have missed a position/player on the other side)

4) we are struggling for height in league one to many inch high private eyes.  Please never play Rodgers and traore together again.

5) Sorry but in all the years of watching Swindon mainly at home I have rarely seen us do well when we don't have 2 out and out strikers.  All this bullshit about the diamond, the three up top is bullshit.  We have been playing with one striker who out of desperation normally ends up out wide so when the crosses come in they are picking out the inch high private eyes or just finding nobody.

6) is it just me or are we trying to play total football but it was to easy last year so we have this year decided to do the same but where nobody off the ball is allowed to move.  None of the players are moving off the ball.

7) looking at the bench for game changers I simply don't see any.

Cooper is looking more and more desperate on the touch line as it's clear for all to see that teams have worked things out.  The defence is shaky as feck so we will always concede right now I don't see where the goals are coming from.  The midfield isn't fusing with either the defence or attack.

Neither traore,Rodgers, nor the bench fillers are good enough for this level. 

Final point is when we are losing with 10 mins to go can we not throw the kitchen sink at the opposition farting around passing it in our own half (like the previous 80 mins) doesn't feel like the players give a shit.

We are staring relegation in the face here no doubt about it unless we adapt quickly and develop a plan b
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 23:13:11 »

We were cut open to easily down the right twice.   Ojaama is not a right wingback.  Poor decision to try and fit him in there.  We were poor defensively all round.

But here is the thing, we still managed to score a goal.  We should have scored 3 more (Ojamma should have put one away, Thomas also had a damn good chance and Ajose should have scored late in the game when he hit the post).  I dont believe the league is very good this season.

I will press the panic button if we lose our next 2 games, but I dont believe we will. 

Defence really needs to be sorted though.

Never knowingly overstated.
deltaincline

« Reply #98 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 00:00:06 »

Some interesting opinions tonight.

I still think we lack an obvious leader / link-up player and at least one decent centre back.

Slot another Jack Stephens in next to Branco and someone like Alan McCormack into the middle and we've got a competitive side.

Far too many players playing for themselves at the moment and there seems to be zero enthusiasm to work together - hence the lack of movement off the ball and general unwillingness to help each other out.

Motivation is down to Cooper obviously, but he comes across as a right fucking miserable bastard at the best of times, so I'm not surprised that the players reflect that.

If things stay as they are, we're going to have a shit winter and a difficult spring.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 00:37:42 »

We're shite, don't really know what else to say to sum us up. We will be in a relegation battle this season. Battle may even be over egging it, as I'll be surprised if we have any fight. I would never say chit like this if I didn't believe it, but I can see us doing a Tranmere. I'm struggling to see a heart or identity to the club. The players out there today certainly showed neither.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 06:58:49 »

YAY we're going to The Conference. WOW!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 07:32:32 »

Why no attendance announcement again?

Because they're getting lowere maybe? 6,687 yesterday according to sky.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 07:34:16 »

I really wanna know what Vig did..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 07:38:08 »

Can't remember where I read it last night, but apparently he was late for training.  Seems a bit extreme to drop him though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 07:58:38 »

Read on Facebook that cooper dropped him due to his insistence on kicking the ball forward instead of backwards and side ways only.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: