Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Motorway Speeding  (Read 10501 times)
Red and Proud

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 07:52:37 »

I have just heard a rumour that a colleague has been clocked over a ton on one our lovely motorways. No one is saying who, (no not me I promise), however, the will he, won't he get banned argument is warming up. So anyone shed any light as to the likely out come?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 08:03:59 »

http://www.motordefencelawyers.co.uk/motoring-news/speeding-in-excess-of-100mph-is-disqualfication-inevitable/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 08:19:11 »

Interestingly (or not) my old man and one of my housemates have been clocked at upwards of a ton in the last year and neither got banned - both got 6 points and the old boy got a whopping fine as he'd been done before.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 08:32:30 »

I told you the grape vine is rife (I can't believe I've just found our...) about 1 month ago doing 105. Has currently got between 6-9 points depending on one's source. I'm torn between he's fucked or he'll get away with it. To close to call though I suspect the company will help with legals.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 08:36:00 »

It's amazing he found a motorway that didn't have roadworks or traffic on it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 08:37:03 »

I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere. If people want to drive at over 100mph then perhaps they should look at doing a track day. I am a car fan but there's no real excuse for driving over 100mph on the roads.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 08:47:23 »

I got done a few weeks ago doing 60 in a 50 zone at one of the average speed camera sections on the M5 near Gloucester.  1.15am, no cars on the road, no workers on the road.  I usually stick to 55 through those so it must have been touch or go..

These are the speeding fines that wind me up.  If you get caught doing 100 you should just bend over and take your punishment.

Although I did get a member of my staff off of a ban once by giving a written statement and appearing in court for him to state that he would lose his job if he got a ban.  The judge gave him a much higher fine and allowed him to keep his licence based on my statement.  Wouldn't happen every time though.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 08:48:31 »

I got done a few weeks ago doing 60 in a 50 zone at one of the average speed camera sections on the M5 near Gloucester.  1.15am, no cars on the road, no workers on the road.  I usually stick to 55 through those so it must have been touch or go..

These are the speeding fines that wind me up.  If you get caught doing 100 you should just bend over and take your punishment.

Although I did get a member of my staff off of a ban once by giving a written statement and appearing in court for him to state that he would lose his job if he got a ban.  The judge gave him a much higher fine and allowed him to keep his licence based on my statement.  Wouldn't happen every time though.

I would argue that 100 on an empty motorway is equally acceptable to 60 on an empty 50...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 09:09:33 »

I don't understand anyone who does over 50 in road works, it's pretty much saying fuck the workers and their safety, my meeting is more important. Same goes with the speed restrictions on the M25, if everyone observed them instead of thinking its still ok to do 80, the traffic wouldn't bunch up so regularly and the traffic would move faster overall.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 10:58:34 »

100mph plus OR twice the speed limit on slower roads is an automatic report for summons (no Fixed Penalty Ticket option) as those criteria are disqualification ammunition.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 12:09:02 »

I've done that plenty of times through average speed checks and never been done, but having passed through that same section yesterday (and the miles and miles of 50mph limit around the M5/M6 interchange with fuck all work happening) I'm going to wait for the inevitable letter now Sad
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 12:27:29 »

Crying  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-32951619
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 13:23:09 »

I've done that plenty of times through average speed checks and never been done, but having passed through that same section yesterday (and the miles and miles of 50mph limit around the M5/M6 interchange with fuck all work happening) I'm going to wait for the inevitable letter now Sad

Unfortunately Gloucestershire police are one of the strict forces and enforcing these average speed checks.  I know I went through there at 55, but might have entered the zone faster and therefore pushed it up to the 60.  Either way, no point in arguing the toss.

Unless there is workforce actively in the road, I think there should be a certain level of leniency at certain times unless driving with undue care and attention.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 13:29:23 »

If there is a ten mile stretch restricted to 50mph, you could be through it in 12 minutes. If you decide to drive it at 60mph it would take 10 minutes. A ten mile stretch taking 2 minutes off your journey time, is it really worth it?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 15:26:58 »

Point missed completely...  Do you own a dashcam too?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: