Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Motorway Speeding  (Read 10404 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 15:29:29 »

If there is a ten mile stretch restricted to 50mph, you could be through it in 12 minutes. If you decide to drive it at 60mph it would take 10 minutes. A ten mile stretch taking 2 minutes off your journey time, is it really worth it?

This. Why risk it ?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 16:08:44 »

So back to the original post, yes he will likely get banned.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 17:29:50 »

I drive a lot of miles.

Cruise control at 50 and let em past.

Had a few nicks in my time but I try and stay under in those average speed checks.

Clems Army!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 18:25:22 »

I have just heard a rumour that a colleague has been clocked over a ton on one our lovely motorways. No one is saying who, (no not me I promise), however, the will he, won't he get banned argument is warming up. So anyone shed any light as to the likely out come?

Think it depends on how crucial driving is to your job. One of my advisers got done going over 100mph on m4, no ban, 6 points and big fine.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 18:33:38 »

whats the point of having fast cars if you cant drive them fast :-)
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 19:02:51 »

I drive a lot of miles.

Cruise control at 50 and let em past.

Had a few nicks in my time but I try and stay under in those average speed checks.
Cruise control has saved me many times. I even do 30 in unfamiliar places on cruise control.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 21:23:53 »

whats the point of having fast cars if you cant drive them fast :-)

Buy a slower car  Smiley
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 08:07:37 »

I don't understand anyone who does over 50 in road works, it's pretty much saying fuck the workers and their safety, my meeting is more important. Same goes with the speed restrictions on the M25, if everyone observed them instead of thinking its still ok to do 80, the traffic wouldn't bunch up so regularly and the traffic would move faster overall.
Except there are never any workers actually doing work. I've seen a grand total of 3 blokes on the M3 'smart motorway' upgrade. One was a head sticking out of a hole and the other two were watching.

I know work goes on but it's no surprise people get fucked off when it goes on for month after month with not a soul to be seen actually doing anything.

Back on topic!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 09:19:45 »

I got 6 points for doing 60 in a 30 zone.. sounds worse than it is - it was on the outskirts of Avebury just after they reduced it

« Last Edit: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 09:25:59 by @MacPhlea » Logged
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 10:00:44 »

Cruise control has saved me many times. I even do 30 in unfamiliar places on cruise control.

Agree with that. Even driving through villages with the cruise control set to 30, its amazing how many cars end up in a queue behind you. Driving through Hook between Bassett & Purton is classic example, especially as you come towards Bassett, past the Bollingbroke, theres a nice bit of straight road there coming up to the motorway bridge, but still with a 30 limit. The number of cars that have overtaken me is ridiculous.

What does wind me up though, is the number of cars that totally ignore the speed limit, and drive at the same speed (usually 40-45) whether its a national Speed limit or 30 zone.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 10:09:15 »

Except there are never any workers actually doing work. I've seen a grand total of 3 blokes on the M3 'smart motorway' upgrade. One was a head sticking out of a hole and the other two were watching.

I know work goes on but it's no surprise people get fucked off when it goes on for month after month with not a soul to be seen actually doing anything.

Back on topic!

Drive through there (M25 ---> Farnborough) between midnight and 0500. Thousands of them. They work these hours to reduce the upset more than it has to be and its impractical to change the road layout nightly. This is pretty much the same for a lot of road works you see on MWAYS in daytime with no one around.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Amir

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 10:22:08 »

Drive through there (M25 ---> Farnborough) between midnight and 0500. Thousands of them. They work these hours to reduce the upset more than it has to be and its impractical to change the road layout nightly. This is pretty much the same for a lot of road works you see on MWAYS in daytime with no one around.

I'm surprised most people don't seem to know this. You wouldn't want the fuckers on the road during the day anyway, what with the amount of drugs they seem to take(although this is surely partly linked to having to work through the night).
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 10:46:30 »

It's not the case at 1.15am on the M5 through Gloucestershire

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 11:39:15 »

Oh yes I know that. But if the speed limit is there to protect the workforce why is it enforced there during the day? I know there are segments of narrow lane/contraflow but the only reason for it being on 24hrs seems to be to print money.

I have nothing against the blokes actually doing the work, I know they have a hard job and can't please everyone. But as far as the planning/contracting of these things goes it is undoubtedly full of bullshit and corruption.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 4, 2015, 12:31:34 »

Oh yes I know that. But if the speed limit is there to protect the workforce why is it enforced there during the day? I know there are segments of narrow lane/contraflow but the only reason for it being on 24hrs seems to be to print money.

I have nothing against the blokes actually doing the work, I know they have a hard job and can't please everyone. But as far as the planning/contracting of these things goes it is undoubtedly full of bullshit and corruption.

Well, if you are happy for a convoy of Porsche or BMW Wankpanzer driving Nuggets to be honing past you at 90+ whilst you are in a very narrow lane passing a 38 tonne fully laden and imposing articulated truck also in a narrowed lane then lobby your local MP for the speed restriction legislation to be changed......
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: