Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30418 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 09:52:40 »

I'm not gonna lie and pretend I'm not concerned with how bad our defending has been in the last month... It really does worry me. I don't think its through lack of trying or urgency, teams are slicing through us so easy atm it's almost laughable. We don't track runners, we don't mark players tight enough and we give attackers running at us at least 3 yards of space without ever really trying to make a tackle.

This needs to be addressed in the next week or else the strikers are gonna have to quickly rediscover some form.

We know we give sides a chance.....I'd imagine both Blades and Chesterfield, will be trying very hard to finish 5th on Sunday.

Key for us is  ensuring we're still in the game for the second leg....and that does mean going out to score a few, as I think attempting to take a defensive stance would be pointless.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 09:57:33 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:46:05 »

The defence has been very poor and has really cost us. Blaming the strikers for getting absolutely no service is wrong imo. Apart from Williams who does tend to miss a few sitters no one else seems to get a chance recently. Too much pissing about with the ball and no one will get it into the penalty box.

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 11:09:21 »

I think the lack of goals from the forwards is the biggest concern going into the playoffs. The top scorer is out of form and we are not putting the ball in the net enough from that department recently. We are bound to concede goals  it's the outscoring of the opposition I am worried about.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 11:23:15 »

Probably for all the wrong reasons, I feel as though Branco is becoming somewhat of a cult legend. (The clothesline against Flint was almost legend status worthy in itself)

As much as I don't want him playing, it's inevitable that he'll end up scoring the winner at Wembley, that's exactly how football works.

Agreed, he's very much the new Lescinel Jean Francois for me
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 11:31:14 »

Agreed, he's very much the new Lescinel Jean Francois for me

LJF, had to have 6 bad games to have a good one..

I can see the comparison..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 12:14:19 »

LJF, had to have 6 bad games to have a good one..

I can see the comparison..
I would say nearer 4 to 1 ratio but your point is very valid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 12:26:10 »

Its a double failing:

We only conceded 10 league goals in Nov, Dec and Jan (13 league games), scored 22.
We've conceded 20 league goals in March and April (12 league games), scored 14

Its madness to think its just down to the strikers.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:23:48 »

Highlights are up
Complete with weird audio

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:40:47 »

Highlights are up
Complete with weird audio

Yeah, not a fan of the sound quality. Like the sound track was duplicated and moved 0.0005 seconds out.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 14:46:58 »

I think the lack of goals from the forwards is the biggest concern going into the playoffs. The top scorer is out of form and we are not putting the ball in the net enough from that department recently. We are bound to concede goals  it's the outscoring of the opposition I am worried about.

For me it’s all about the midfield. Kasim showed touches and glimpse of what he is capable of in the second half last night which reminded me of just how damned good he is. To me, he is every bit as good as Luongo and we all know what Gladwin is capable of on his day. If Cooper can get the three of those mother fuckers firing on all cylinders by next Thursday, we will win the play offs. Write it down.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:01:24 »

For me it’s all about the midfield. Kasim showed touches and glimpse of what he is capable of in the second half last night which reminded me of just how damned good he is. To me, he is every bit as good as Luongo and we all know what Gladwin is capable of on his day. If Cooper can get the three of those mother fuckers firing on all cylinders by next Thursday, we will win the play offs. Write it down.
FACT! (and yes I agree, btw)
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:07:36 »

If Cooper can get the three of those mother fuckers firing on all cylinders by next Thursday, we will win the play offs. Write it down.

I love this bit.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:36:27 »

Its a double failing:

We only conceded 10 league goals in Nov, Dec and Jan (13 league games), scored 22.
We've conceded 20 league goals in March and April (12 league games), scored 14

Its madness to think its just down to the strikers.

But if you dont take your chances, it puts added pressure on the defence  not to screw up, and at our level at least one or 2  screw up's a game happen, then it depends on the other sides strikers being as off colour as ours for us not to lose, and that hasnt been the case recently. If we'd scored first at City for example, the game would have panned out different and we wouldnt have been chasing it, and leaving our defence short.
kerry red

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:40:22 »

Perhaps it's the dodgy defence that is stifling the midfield to gamble that little bit to provide the strikers with the chances

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 16:33:01 »

If we are to win the play offs the side is going to need to be bang at it in every department really.
The reason I mentioned the forwards is that the majority of key match winning chances will more than likely fall to them. The current form from that department (which wins games)isn't filling me with confidence. A forward in form can take pressure off a vulnerable defence. Hopefully they're all on top top form next Thursday and any concerns are proven wrong. On our day I'm sure we're capable of doing the job.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: