Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30411 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 16:36:32 »

Highlights are up
Complete with weird audio

Sounded like HTV dubbing back in the day... 5000 at Rovers with FA Cup final cheering when they scored.

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 17:05:07 »

If we are to win the play offs the side is going to need to be bang at it in every department really.
The reason I mentioned the forwards is that the majority of key match winning chances will more than likely fall to them. The current form from that department (which wins games)isn't filling me with confidence. A forward in form can take pressure off a vulnerable defence. Hopefully they're all on top top form next Thursday and any concerns are proven wrong. On our day I'm sure we're capable of doing the job.
Of course - There is no point in the midfield playing out of their skins while the forwards and strikers  play like a bunch of cunts, they have to perform as well but I just think the real difference makers are those midfielders. I think they are a class above anything in L1 on their day as a unit.
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 17:05:29 »

Having watched seven minutes of highlights on  STFC player I have opinion that our players are have the playoffs on their minds and are making half hearted tackes ensuring they do not get injured .

ome on you reds
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 20:29:57 »

Sounded like HTV dubbing back in the day... 5000 at Rovers with FA Cup final cheering when they scored.
Parp parp . . come on Ken.
Crowd went wild when there was a throw in.
Archie Stevens,Smash and grab(bum +suck)Roger Malone . . .
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 09:49:17 »

Having watched seven minutes of highlights on  STFC player I have opinion that our players are have the playoffs on their minds and are making half hearted tackes ensuring they do not get injured .

I got this impression from the radio, too.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 09:59:50 »

I got this impression from the radio, too.

Cooper has certainly played an unusual game, with his approach to the end of the season, and it'll be interesting to see if it works....

There's an interesting piece in the Adver today, a chat with Ossie, well worth a read......in it he says about going into the PO's in 90, that experience of big matches, he'd played in a WC final, told him that players didn't want to hear this was the biggest game of their life stuff, but rather just another game.

Cooper's approach certainly seems to fly in the face of the classic every game is important, and you take each game as it comes philosophy.  I'm not convinced that you can just turn on the necessary intensity needed in any game like a tap...but we'll see.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 10:05:19 »

Cooper has certainly played an unusual game, with his approach to the end of the season, and it'll be interesting to see if it works....

There's an interesting piece in the Adver today, a chat with Ossie, well worth a read......in it he says about going into the PO's in 90, that experience of big matches, he'd played in a WC final, told him that players didn't want to hear this was the biggest game of their life stuff, but rather just another game.

Cooper's approach certainly seems to fly in the face of the classic every game is important, and you take each game as it comes philosophy.  I'm not convinced that you can just turn on the necessary intensity needed in any game like a tap...but we'll see.
I don't agree with MC's approach either. At the end of the day though, if we win the play offs he will be hailed as a genius. if not he will probably get slaughtered.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 10:12:25 »

I don't agree with MC's approach either. At the end of the day though, if we win the play offs he will be hailed as a genius. if not he will probably get slaughtered.

If we don't get anywhere in the playoffs, Cooper will be slaughtered. If we were to win the playoffs, all of the credit will go to Power, no doubt.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 10:16:43 »

He doesn't deserve to get slaughtered, as it's wholly understandable, what he has been doing given the circumstances. 

However, Blades have been faffing around around now for seemingly weeks, having long given up on an auto chase, and seemingly settling for 4th or 5th....it strikes me that they have one massive advantage over us....namely that Nigel knows they can raise their game for one off cup ties, something we've not got in the locker.   For this reason, I'm hoping that Spireites, can turn them over on Sunday.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:05:37 »

He doesn't deserve to get slaughtered, as it's wholly understandable, what he has been doing given the circumstances. 

However, Blades have been faffing around around now for seemingly weeks, having long given up on an auto chase, and seemingly settling for 4th or 5th....it strikes me that they have one massive advantage over us....namely that Nigel knows they can raise their game for one off cup ties, something we've not got in the locker.   For this reason, I'm hoping that Spireites, can turn them over on Sunday.
Maybe not. Doesn't mean it won't happen though.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:54:09 »

And Ossie did pick his best team week in week out for nearly 30 games. No resting up for those boys or mucking about with the tactics. Pass, Pass, Pass was Ossie's mantra
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 19:02:13 »

And Ossie did pick his best team week in week out for nearly 30 games. No resting up for those boys or mucking about with the tactics. Pass, Pass, Pass was Ossie's mantra

We also had the epic 4 games LC tie, v Bolton in that lot.

I suppose the counter argument would be that it was another season where we got into autos in March, but tailed away to finish 5th, with only 3 wins in the last 12.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 20:30:39 »

I

I for one won't slaughter him. He's fucked up a few times but not enough that would result In us missing out on autos...
A young side that at times doesn't turn up at times.
We will see if this calm approach works ... I fucking hope so because its been a great season!!

Clems Army!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 20:41:21 »

This must be our best Third Tier points finish since 95/96? Upon his appointment, we were all bracing ourselves for the worst.

If promotion is not achieved, I think history will be rather unkind to Mark Cooper. As a side, I often wonder if Power has one of his buddies lined up to replace Cooper but the relationship seems to have worked well.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 21:37:23 »

If promotion is not achieved, I think history will be rather unkind to Mark Cooper. As a side, I often wonder if Power has one of his buddies lined up to replace Cooper but the relationship seems to have worked well.

I thought the same for a while, but then again Power seems in for the long term and doing things the right way, and I'm not actually sure he'd want Sherwood or another friend as manager. Can you imagine having to fire your best mate if everything went a bit wrong on the pitch? Probably better off just having a good relationship for loans and what not.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: