Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30630 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 20:57:07 »

Coops not too impressed.
Said we didn't pass it enough and too much end to end
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 20:57:28 »

Why do I feel like we're not even in the play offs?  Maybe it's because the last few games have been a damp squib, but I'm not excited about them in the slightest at the moment. I'm filled with dread.

We need some big performances right across the team to have a chance and I just don't feel positive that we're going to get them if I'm completely honest.  I so hope I'm wrong and I'm doing the team a big injustice.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 20:58:26 »

Hylton pushing for a start
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 21:00:41 »

Coops:

- Another one ticked off towards the playoffs?
No, didn't think we did well tonight. We conceeded the early one, game became end to end. Players must have run KMs tonight. Ran when we should pass, etc. But we dug in and got point
- We are a better team when we control game. We don't have the boys to fight end to end..
- Need to make better use of ball.
- re Thurs: Things crop up and things change. Hylton had good game and is pushing for start.
- re Sun: Will have a team of players who need more minutes, and some who played tonight.
- re goal: Let 'em run wide, striker unmarked in box - we work hard on marking in the box so dissapointing
- re Gladwin: A totally unlike Gladwin goal. He normally drives and smashes, but that's 2 headers - good for development.
- re Rickets: 7 games in 22 days. Got to be careful with him as he's not played much until now.
- re Toffolo: dead leg, Thompson: whack on foot. Should be fine. Obika : Back problem, probably due to how much he's run.

Paraphrased and missed bits.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 21:02:44 by Batch » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 21:10:13 »

Why do I feel like we're not even in the play offs?  Maybe it's because the last few games have been a damp squib, but I'm not excited about them in the slightest at the moment. I'm filled with dread.

We need some big performances right across the team to have a chance and I just don't feel positive that we're going to get them if I'm completely honest.  I so hope I'm wrong and I'm doing the team a big injustice.

I'm a little bit meh about them. Thinking today about not even watching the first leg to save the stress( I'm sure I will watch, or even go Smiley
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 21:14:49 »

Cheers Batch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 22:20:05 »

Horrendous first half, much better second.

Byrne tremendous, Hylton lively again. Branco an absolute donkey from the moment he came on, at least he gave us a laugh with his ineptitude!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 22:23:42 »

Probably for all the wrong reasons, I feel as though Branco is becoming somewhat of a cult legend. (The clothesline against Flint was almost legend status worthy in itself)

As much as I don't want him playing, it's inevitable that he'll end up scoring the winner at Wembley, that's exactly how football works.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 23:01:52 »

Probably for all the wrong reasons, I feel as though Branco is becoming somewhat of a cult legend. (The clothesline against Flint was almost legend status worthy in itself)

As much as I don't want him playing, it's inevitable that he'll end up scoring the winner at Wembley, that's exactly how football works.

And another foul throw I heard. Must drive cooper and the coaches insane.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 05:24:31 »

It wasn't that bad overall I thought.

When you consider that you had 'Team Fighting For Their Lives' v 'Team With Nothing To Play For', it was never going to be a classic from our point of view. I wouldn't say the first half was horrendous (although I did miss their goal which I heard was a bit shit from us defensively) I just thought it was pretty 'meh' really. Second half was much brighter and we could have gone on to win although to be fair, they could say the same thing. So all in all a draw was a fair result.

I think anyone who is on the brink currently should definitely put the razor blades away for the time being at least. I firmly believe this team will come alive for the play offs.*

*Fingers crossed!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 07:57:12 »

v 'Team With Nothing To Play For'

They should be playing for their places in the playoffs, but that's a bit unrealistic given a) the depth of our squad means the nuclease must play and b) you can't play if you get injured.

Byrne seems to be our only in form player right now

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 08:53:33 »

With nothing to play for a draw was a reasonable result last night. I expect orient to beat us on Sunday. Next Thursday is all that matters.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 08:54:48 »

They should be playing for their places in the playoffs, but that's a bit unrealistic given a) the depth of our squad means the nuclease must play and b) you can't play if you get injured.

Byrne seems to be our only in form player right now

Gladwin surely? 6 goals in his last 4 games.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 09:35:50 »

I really don't care how we play til Thursday, so long as we don't get any injuries. I'm sure we'll be fired up for the play offs, if not then we don't deserve to go up any way.

I can't wait to get started.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 09:44:11 »

I'm not gonna lie and pretend I'm not concerned with how bad our defending has been in the last month... It really does worry me. I don't think its through lack of trying or urgency, teams are slicing through us so easy atm it's almost laughable. We don't track runners, we don't mark players tight enough and we give attackers running at us at least 3 yards of space without ever really trying to make a tackle.

This needs to be addressed in the next week or else the strikers are gonna have to quickly rediscover some form.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: