Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Franchise on TV.  (Read 67123 times)
kerry red

« Reply #210 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 18:46:06 »

It is difficult to understand how a couple of thousand extra fans turn up for this one only or the 82ers

They must have an interest to come at all - but why so sporadically?
Panda Paws

« Reply #211 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 18:56:04 »

Surely this has been done to death - It's not a sporadic interest, it's a sporadic ability. Lots of people, me included, would love to go every weekend if time and money were infinite. As it is, I now pick and choose a handful of games, and obviously it's more likely to be big games against City, or Easter Saturday, or the last few home games of the season.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 19:07:53 »

It is difficult to understand how a couple of thousand extra fans turn up for this one only or the 82ers

They must have an interest to come at all - but why so sporadically?

The trust are doing the school tickets again. My brother and nephew got tickets this way.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 19:11:13 »

The trust are doing the school tickets again. My brother and nephew got tickets this way.

Did wonder if they were , as SB end of DRS has a good take up.
So imagine that's where they will be.
Fair play to the trust.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 19:16:14 »

You can't buy a football ticket, train ticket and a fish supper for a few pounds these days.

It's over, we lost.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 19:24:50 »

You can't buy a football ticket, train ticket and a fish supper for a few pounds these days.

It's over, we lost.

Where's Wally Smiley
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 22:59:26 »

Would have been brilliant to do a full the bank scheme when we are on sky. Hate seeing it empty
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 06:00:32 »

Surely this has been done to death - It's not a sporadic interest, it's a sporadic ability. Lots of people, me included, would love to go every weekend if time and money were infinite. As it is, I now pick and choose a handful of games, and obviously it's more likely to be big games against City, or Easter Saturday, or the last few home games of the season.
I think there will be cases like yourself but not sure it's that widespread.

Take Preston not hugely bigger as a place but also has a large number of clubs on doorstep competing for available fans  (plus as everyone says it's grim up north and full of slums Roll Eyes ) and yet they average 10kish.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 06:37:07 »

Take Preston not hugely bigger as a place but also has a large number of clubs on doorstep competing for available fans  (plus as everyone says it's grim up north and full of slums Roll Eyes ) and yet they average 10kish.
I agree with Panda Paws (and I also don't think it's that hard to understand) - the key is 'if time and money were infinite'. If that was the case I would quite possibly go to every game or at the very least, the vast majority.

We seem to like to bash ourselves for our support or perceived lack thereof and we compare ourselves to the likes of Preston, Bradford and Portsmouth. In the lower divisions though, Clubs with that kind of support are very much the exception (Why they have such good support - Portsmouth in particular at the present time - I really don't know).

For every Preston, there's a Colchester, who struggle to get 4,000 even when they are doing OK. This season they are struggling to get 3,000. For every Bradford there's an Oldham, who got under 3,000 the other week against MK. There are loads of Clubs with really poor support in the lower leagues who would love to have our support but we look at the few exceptions and use them as examples to beat ourselves up with.

I am not saying our support couldn't be better and I wish it was BUT it is not as bad as some make it out to be.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 07:19:19 »

Take Preston not hugely bigger as a place but also has a large number of clubs on doorstep competing for available fans  (plus as everyone says it's grim up north and full of slums Roll Eyes ) and yet they average 10kish.

Preston bigger?  It's population is just over half that of swindon  Huh?
cosmicdrifter

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 07:36:06 »

Can tickets be bought on the day for this one, anyone know?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 08:14:03 »

I agree with Panda Paws (and I also don't think it's that hard to understand) - the key is 'if time and money were infinite'. If that was the case I would quite possibly go to every game or at the very least, the vast majority.

We seem to like to bash ourselves for our support or perceived lack thereof and we compare ourselves to the likes of Preston, Bradford and Portsmouth. In the lower divisions though, Clubs with that kind of support are very much the exception (Why they have such good support - Portsmouth in particular at the present time - I really don't know).

For every Preston, there's a Colchester, who struggle to get 4,000 even when they are doing OK. This season they are struggling to get 3,000. For every Bradford there's an Oldham, who got under 3,000 the other week against MK. There are loads of Clubs with really poor support in the lower leagues who would love to have our support but we look at the few exceptions and use them as examples to beat ourselves up with.

I am not saying our support couldn't be better and I wish it was BUT it is not as bad as some make it out to be.

Having roots from "Peortsmouth" it's mainly down to having an identity.
Swindon in general lacks an identity, equally has more outsiders living in it.
Many of the places mentioned have gone through deprived times and the community links to their football club. This last statement alone is missing in Swindon.
Need to lock in the next generation.
There has been times when I had the odd regret not following Pompey but you know what I love Swindon and have a Pompey football outlook.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 08:36:42 »

Having roots from "Peortsmouth" it's mainly down to having an identity.
Swindon in general lacks an identity, equally has more outsiders living in it.
Many of the places mentioned have gone through deprived times and the community links to their football club. This last statement alone is missing in Swindon.
Need to lock in the next generation.
There has been times when I had the odd regret not following Pompey but you know what I love Swindon and have a Pompey football outlook.
That is all true Duke and when you consider that, as you rightly say, the population of Swindon is nowhere near as big as it at first seems when you take away the 'outsiders', the support is actually not that bad.

But you are quite right, the Club need to engage with the next generation as they are doing. That way, for the sons and daughters of those 'outsiders' the Club will become their Club.
kerry red

« Reply #223 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 09:09:01 »

The other thing is that I think we have a largish number of lapsed fans as opposed to, say, Muff, whose extra fans this season are newly manufactured and will disappear just as quickly when things go tits up on the south coast.

For this reason, I reckon we have a very decent bedrock of support, with a large latent support which would return if we went up.

Of course, we could also add on our own 'new' fans.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:01:14 »

"We'll be bringing more to you than you would have to stadium:mk, early ko, on sky, rip off ticket prices"

ok then

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: