Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Franchise on TV.  (Read 67114 times)
Combe Down

« Reply #75 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 16:57:24 »

Think this should probably have been addressed before now, but we (well, you actual attender-wallahs) need to organise a properly hate-filled, abusive song to show the nation, via the medium of the telly, our world leadership in Franchise-hatred.

Something that evokes their plasticity, their shitty soulless town with its concrete cows, and their complete moral turpitude for buying into the biggest daylight theft since the Great Train Robbery.

Can some of you shouty types get onto it in time for a few rehearsals before Saturday? Thank you.

Hello. Returning to this forum after an absence of five years or so. We need a decent song for Mass, so how about, to the tune of 'Remember You're A Womble' to rub the MK Donkey's noses in it?

Sung alternately by the TE and DR:

Massimo Luongo...
Massimo Luongo...

The end bit needs some rehersal...

Massi, Massi, Massi, Massi, Massi-mo Lu-on-guo.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:08:14 by Combe Down » Logged
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:07:17 »

Found on twitter from the football league account...

@Lukehodgson_22: Match officials up to and including Tuesday 7th April >> http://t.co/5hpJSuykHB.” Paul Tierny for mk and Neil Swarbrick for city away for us then #stfc

@Lukehodgson_22: @Lukehodgson_22 tierney has refereed swindon once (luton1-2swindon) and Franchise once (bradford2-1mk) this season #omens @SamMorshead_

@Lukehodgson_22: @SamMorshead_ if my research is correct, #stfc last win with Swarbrick referee us (ref v bristol city) was back in April 2009 2-1 v the gas
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:30:48 »

Not been this excited/nervous about a couple of games since..well a while anyway.  I know the two games may not decide our destiny, but 4 points would be huge.
I think the fact that we've not played for what feels like an eternity has heightened the tension/anticipation or whatever you want to call it, even more.

This for me is actually what the play offs feel like and I think that's how both games will be played and will have that kind of atmosphere. Having said, I've not really given the City game a minute's thought as yet. I really can't look past Saturday.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:33:48 »

Hello. Returning to this forum after an absence of five years or so. We need a decent song for Mass, so how about, to the tune of 'Remember You're A Womble' to rub the MK Donkey's noses in it?

Sung alternately by the TE and DR:

Massimo Luongo...
Massimo Luongo...

The end bit needs some rehersal...

Massi, Massi, Massi, Massi, Massi-mo Lu-on-guo.

Welcome back. I agree we need a song for Mass, but I do not believe this to be the answer!

Also agree with the need for a decent anti-Franchise chant as mentioned earlier in the thread. Perhaps some sort of "Where were you when...?" type chant, or more simply something like "You're just a small plastic franchise". Basically anything that isn't to the tune of Sloop John B Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:40:49 »

In our last 'first season back' in the Championship, 96/97, we were averaging between 9 and 10k for most home games. I think with increased away followings, and hopefully an up turn in interest, we'd do similar next year.

A small crowd by Championship standards no mistake, but with increased TV revenue, clubs being willing to lend us a higher standard of loanee and Powers wiley ways in the market, I'm optimistic we could compete.
I agree with this completely.

Duke - stop being a 'Debbie Downer' - immediately  Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:31:44 »

I think the fact that we've not played for what feels like an eternity has heightened the tension/anticipation or whatever you want to call it, even more.

This for me is actually what the play offs feel like and I think that's how both games will be played and will have that kind of atmosphere. Having said, I've not really given the City game a minute's thought as yet. I really can't look past Saturday.

I said a fortnight ago that it feels like the season has ended....and the fact that every other bugger is playing on Friday, doesn't help.

Hopefully the players won't be metaphorically on the beach, but it'll be understandable if they are....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:40:09 »

There's no excuse for the players not to put on a decent show on Saturday, especially if Preston drop points against Rochdale, who are no mugs.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:24:41 »

When were we last on the telly twice in four days?  Especially for two unconnected games (i.e. not playoff legs 1 & 2).
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:28:09 »

When were we last on the telly twice in four days?  Especially for two unconnected games (i.e. not playoff legs 1 & 2).

Never. We might have been on successive weeks on 'Central Match Live' back in the early 90's.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:28:44 »

Rich B has worked hard so we don't have to.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/TownOnTV.asp
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:28:55 »

I said a fortnight ago that it feels like the season has ended....and the fact that every other bugger is playing on Friday, doesn't help.

Hopefully the players won't be metaphorically on the beach, but it'll be understandable if they are....
Assume you're now just deliberately going out of your way to be as ridiculous as possible?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:42:23 »

Welcome back. I agree we need a song for Mass, but I do not believe this to be the answer!

Also agree with the need for a decent anti-Franchise chant as mentioned earlier in the thread. Perhaps some sort of "Where were you when...?" type chant, or more simply something like "You're just a small plastic franchise". Basically anything that isn't to the tune of Sloop John B Cheesy
Surely just a "FUCK OFF FRANCHISE!" repeat... will suffice. Yet even this three word ditty will have some in the TE confused.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:45:31 »

Rich B has worked hard so we don't have to.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/TownOnTV.asp
Is there any other club in the UK with such an incredibly comprehensive and detailed history online? That website never ceases to suck me in.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:53:42 »

I agree with this completely.

Duke - stop being a 'Debbie Downer' - immediately  Cool

In the mid 70's Reading were getting lower crowds than us, sub 7,000.
A typical club that we should be matching would be Burnley. I know a "hole" but not the biggest place in the UK they always turn out a decent crowd.
Yes you will argue that there is not much to do in Burnley but a club I respect for their numbers.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 20:02:39 »

Is there any other club in the UK with such an incredibly comprehensive and detailed history online? That website never ceases to suck me in.
Possibly not I would say.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: