Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Gurney Signs!  (Read 8190 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 12:16:33 »

Great signing.

And please, for all you idiots out there, don't boo him tomorrow.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 12:46:51 »

Gurney's always been a player who divides opinion hugely but I think to call him our worst player in 5 years or whatever is ridiculous. He was ok in my opinion and at times very good and you have to say averaging 8 goals a year is damn good considering he spent a lot of time in defence.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 12:57:07 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Gurney's always been a player who divides opinion hugely but I think to call him our worst player in 5 years or whatever is ridiculous. He was ok in my opinion and at times very good and you have to say averaging 8 goals a year is damn good considering he spent a lot of time in defence.

exactly, hewlett was a fucking piece of shit!!

atleast gurns tried, his passion might have been a bit misguided (funny on TWO levels!!---mrs hewlett and his poor disciplinary record)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
I 8 Razor

« Reply #78 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 12:57:26 »

Quote from: "Nils"
Quote from: "I 8 Razor"
I CANNOT  BELIEVE THIS !!   gurney was the WORST player at this club along with hewlett!!!  i really dont like this fucking guy, sorry to gurney fans but from what i've seen....
a) he wont give us 'bite' in midfield, he will give us plain thuggery and bookings!
b)he cant even play in fucking midfield!!!!

Who's he going to take the place of then because he is not better than anyone that is already here.  my god, sorry for that outburst,       i did not know i was capable of that. you never know, he might be good this time around :roll:

Bollocks! He wasn't very good for the last few months when he was here but before that he was good. I think he is the sort of player we need to add a bite to the team. He maybe a bit of a loud mouth but he sure has some good leadership skills on the pitch.

TBH I think that he wasn't very good in the last few months because the whole team hated him for what he did to Hewlett's Mrs. It is ok for him to return now cos off the top of my head the only players left from that team are Rhys, Jerel? Migz.

fair enough mate, your entitled to your opinion, i just have a different one. If he does pull on the red again though, there's not much anyone can do about it. I wont 'boo' him, i just rather we signed someone else.
CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 14:27:52 »

he may have a gob on him but referee's are clamping down on this kind of things so i dont think discipline will be a problem
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 14:50:24 »

On reflection, my apoplectic rage has dissipated a little and I'm looking at his signing with an open mind. Provided he doesn't get put straight into central midfield, I can't see it being that much of a disastrous signing, there was quite a long period where he was a decent player who offered us a lot going forward whilst being solid in defence, he was also a pretty good captain when he wasn't shagging other people's wives and mouthing off at referee's.

I don't think it's quite what we need right now but if we're not paying much of his wages then we've not got anything to lose.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 14:54:04 »

Quote from: "CARTMAN"
he may have a gob on him but referee's are clamping down on this kind of things so i dont think discipline will be a problem
Although considering he has a footballer's brain it could be a huge problem...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 17:47:26 »

I've not really forgiven him for Cheltenham away-proper disgrace.It just seems a dull move which makes me apathetic

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 18:49:26 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

I don't think it's quite what we need right now but if we're not paying much of his wages then we've not got anything to lose.

Agreed. Most Swansea fans seem to think he did pretty well for them until he was dropped for shagging Kenny Jackett's wife.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 18:55:35 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Quote from: "sonicyouth"

Agreed. Most Swansea fans seem to think he did pretty well for them until he was dropped for shagging Kenny Jackett's wife.

Quote from 4-4-2 Mag's Season Preview;(Swansea)
   Q;Playeryou'd like to get rid of
   A;Andy Gurney gets a fair bit of stick from the fans.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 19:06:26 »

Quote from Swansea message board
Gurney signed for Swindon
GWR radio reported tonight that Andy Gurney has rejoined Swindon Town today, and even trained with his old teamates this morning.

Shame really, as I thought he was a good player, and Swans were a more competitive, organised side with him playing last year.

I wish him well anyway - I don`t think he ever really settled down here, but he`s a good player!

Swansea defender Andy Gurney has left the club and re-joined Swindon Town on loan until Christmas, virtually a year after leaving them for South Wales. The hard-tackling full-back was transfer listed by Kenny Jackett after falling out-of-favour with the Swans boss and despite his best attempts to fight his way back into the side, the 31-year old has been off-loaded to the Robins until the new year.

The terms of Gurney's loan deal state that Swansea have agreed to pay half of his wages over the four month period, showing just how much Kenny Jackett wanted him out of the squad.  

Gurney will look back on his career in South Wales so far with mixed feelings. The defender became a huge hit with local supporters in the first few months after signing and gave many passionate performances as he helped solidify the Swans' defence. However, Gurney's form soon dropped and the full-back unfairly became the North Bank's scape-goat when things weren't going well. It would appear that despite the defender only initially leaving on loan, Andy Gurney has most probably played his last game for Swansea City.

Many supporters will be disappointed to see Gurney depart as he is clearly capable of doing a job in League One. However, paying half the salary of a player that could help strengthen the current side, appears very questionable and may well be viewed as quite a costly error by the Swans management

So opinions are mixed, a lot of their fans liked him but he's always divided opinions.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 19:34:09 »

Thats interesting Ben-perhaps Swans fans are even more fickle than us!

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 19:44:26 »

I have to admit that most of those predictions in 4-4-2 were bollocks!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 20:16:52 »

I quite like Gerney, except when he plays in midfield.

There I said it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: