Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Gurney Signs!  (Read 8187 times)
Spud

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, August 25, 2005, 20:00:40 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
personally i think gurney is a proper cunt and this is one of the worst moves king has done. those few games at the beginning of last season gurney was making me fuckin scream. whats wrong with jenkins at full back?

Nothing but he's always fucking injured, one game played and 3 games on the sideline.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, August 25, 2005, 20:01:16 »

personally i think gurney is a proper cunt and this is one of the worst moves king has done. those few games at the beginning of last season gurney was making me fuckin scream. whats wrong with jenkins at full back?

Nowt, However I dont expect King has brought Gurney in as a full back
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, August 25, 2005, 20:02:21 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
Becuase we have Heath now and Summerbee's wage demands probally didn't warrant his ability.

......but Heath isnt even our player....and we need Gurney because?

Because Gurney has real bite and anger, exactly what we need in midfield.

Thats great, but gurney is NOT A FUCKING MIDFIELDER!!!

and Gurney's shite, couldn't get into Swansea's team last season so we've signed him? King's losing the plot.

Mind you, I've had no official text from the club, nothing on the website... anyone got a source?

He fell out with the manager last season and was dropped.
Gurney was talking on GWR earlyer about the move and also about the Holmes saga.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, August 25, 2005, 21:10:43 »

spot on

I think King's losing the plot, I wonder if we'll see Duke back here soon?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 02:12:54 »

Lay off Gurney, he gets into the box.

Question for Reg Smeaton, if David Peach was rated 3.5/10 at full back, what would Gurney's rating be.

We are going to have the Gurney in midfield discussion, he won't be playing full back, he's going to be in midfield as the much awaited ball winner.  If he provides steel that means more freedom for Shakes and Nicolau.  Possibly, though, he might be playing along side Shauno, especially with Reeves out temporarily, and with King pissed at Ifil.  What would Ifil be like in midfield?
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 09:23:52 »

I can't be bothered to read through all the previous posts on this so apologies if I'm repeating what anyone else has already written....
I've been watching town since the Ardilles days and was a season ticket holder up until the end of the ill fated McMahon era.

Due to various circumstances (kids) I have only been to a handful of games each season since but one player sticks out as being one of, if not 'THE' worst player that I have ever had the misfortune to pay good money to watch and obviously no prizes for guessing who.

When Swansea took him off our hands I thought it was a great piece of business by King and I thought he would be replaced by someone who at least could kick a ball - now he's back - tell me it's a bad dream please !!!!

I was there for the Wycombe game and I really believed things couldn't get any worse but even that debacle has been overshadowed by this news.

At least when I heard that Summerbee was back it filled me with some hope that maybe things were moving in the right direction and I was even contemplating getting a season ticket again along with a number of my mates who hadn't watched town regularly in years either.

Well after that false dawn coupled with the Wycombe game and the Gurney news it might be a long time before I and a number of others step foot in the County Ground again.
red macca

« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 09:39:27 »

the bloke scored 12 goals from right back thats not a bad record give him a chance,,,some people just want a replacement for duke so they have someone to abuse
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 09:51:48 »

Yep, and 10,000 monkeys with typewriters could write a novel but it doesn't make them shakespeare same as Gurney scoring 12 goals doesn't make him a good footballer !!!!
red macca

« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 10:00:29 »

Quote from: "Mister Lorenzo"
Yep, and 10,000 monkeys with typewriters could write a novel but it doesn't make them shakespeare same as Gurney scoring 12 goals doesn't make him a good footballer !!!!
tell me wher else in that team we look like scoring goals,whoelse will give 100% that shower of shit certainly dont look like they are going to do it
McLovin

« Reply #69 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 10:13:30 »

effort only gets you so far (usually into the referees notebook for him), talent does the rest.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 10:16:08 »

I'm absolutely speechless about this move(apart from saying "I'm speechless")

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
I 8 Razor

« Reply #71 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 10:27:08 »

gurney out ! Wink
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 11:26:10 »

You're all wrong.  Gurney's amazing.  That is all.  I will not hear a word said against him, he's our Zidane, although with better passing ability.  Cool

I wish I'd got Gurney on my shirt now...  Damn King for making his signings AFTER preseason...
Nils

« Reply #73 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 11:54:12 »

Quote from: "I 8 Razor"
I CANNOT  BELIEVE THIS !!   gurney was the WORST player at this club along with hewlett!!!  i really dont like this fucking guy, sorry to gurney fans but from what i've seen....
a) he wont give us 'bite' in midfield, he will give us plain thuggery and bookings!
b)he cant even play in fucking midfield!!!!

Who's he going to take the place of then because he is not better than anyone that is already here.  my god, sorry for that outburst,       i did not know i was capable of that. you never know, he might be good this time around :roll:

Bollocks! He wasn't very good for the last few months when he was here but before that he was good. I think he is the sort of player we need to add a bite to the team. He maybe a bit of a loud mouth but he sure has some good leadership skills on the pitch.

TBH I think that he wasn't very good in the last few months because the whole team hated him for what he did to Hewlett's Mrs. It is ok for him to return now cos off the top of my head the only players left from that team are Rhys, Jerel? Migz.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, August 26, 2005, 12:00:25 »

I haven't seenCollins play but he sounds pretty shite.

Obviously it is hard fr me to make a reasonable judgement, but I think Gurney will only be useful if he is played in the right position and has aggression without being hot-headed.

As long as he can sort those things out he might be valuable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: