Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Driving thread  (Read 4797 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:05:08 »

Do you have a Typical car driver attitude?I must drive at the speed I am allowed to at all times. Sod the truck that will slow me down for a few seconds whilst it overtakes. If the lorry is just pulling out with little warning then that is unacceptable and poor drving on their part. Many car drivers won't let lorries out to overtake. I applaud those that are courteous and let us out
Then you've got the middle lane hoggers who happily sit 6 inches off your arse end while you're in lane one and they're in lane 2 and then get all upset when you pull out after indicating your intention for a month beforehand and they don't ease off or overtake.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Barry Scott

« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:42:09 »

Then you've got the middle lane hoggers who happily sit 6 inches off your arse end while you're in lane one and they're in lane 2 and then get all upset when you pull out after indicating your intention for a month beforehand and they don't ease off or overtake.

I crossed paths with some bellend on the A419 the other week. As I was nearing entering the carriageway he didn't pull out and actually sped up so he was closing in and was seemingly trying to make my entry more difficult.

I just kept it planted and pulled in front of him anyway. He could've pulled out but decided to be a dick, so fuck him. I knew it'd piss him off, well at least I hoped it would, and he didn't disappoint, he went apoplectic.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:51:32 »

How long ago did this thread stop being about telly?

Or do dashcams count now?  Crying

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:54:31 »

Truckers gonna blame car drivers, car drivers gonna blame truckers...  This is an unwinnable debate..

Same argument as, car drivers have to "think bike" but bike riders don't "think car" when undertaking at high speed in heavy traffic..

I am a considerate car driver, to all other vehicle types, I just assume that all other vehicle drivers are idiots and will do unexplained things without notice.  This thought pattern has saved from numerous potential scrapes/accidents in the past.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:56:03 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 17:25:50 »

I crossed paths with some bellend on the A419 the other week. As I was nearing entering the carriageway he didn't pull out and actually sped up so he was closing in and was seemingly trying to make my entry more difficult.

I just kept it planted and pulled in front of him anyway. He could've pulled out but decided to be a dick, so fuck him. I knew it'd piss him off, well at least I hoped it would, and he didn't disappoint, he went apoplectic.
Motorway/dual carriageway driving should be a part of the driving test these days.

It's not fucking difficult, get up to 56mph on the slip, check mirrors, give it a suicide glance (if your mirrors are correct you don't even need that), slip in behind the wagon.

Oh and if you're joining a motorway and decide not to slow down/speed up in order to filter in, continue down the hard shoulder until safe to join the main carriageway. The gap between me and the vehicle in front is a safety gap, not a fucking invitation...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:08:53 »

Motorway/dual carriageway driving should be a part of the driving test these days.

This ^^
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:32:08 »

The absolute worst are tractors who think that the hour between 8am and 9am is the perfect time to drive along the A417.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:34:55 »

Do you have a Typical car driver attitude?I must drive at the speed I am allowed to at all times. Sod the truck that will slow me down for a few seconds whilst it overtakes. If the lorry is just pulling out with little warning then that is unacceptable and poor drving on their part. Many car drivers won't let lorries out to overtake. I applaud those that are courteous and let us out

Do you have a typical lorry driver attitude, head in the sand "I do this for a living, I must be right"?

Why "must" you drive at the speed limit, you are allowed to go slower.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:37:35 »

Truckers gonna blame car drivers, car drivers gonna blame truckers...  This is an unwinnable debate..

You bloody do-goooder. I was going to have Arriba spitting with rage by the end of the day.

There are dick car drivers, there are dick lorry drivers. The standard of driving seems to be declining. Even basics like actually indicating, or knowing which indicator to use (especially on roundabouts) seems to be a declining skill.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:56:57 »

Do you have a typical lorry driver attitude, head in the sand "I do this for a living, I must be right"?

Why "must" you drive at the speed limit, you are allowed to go slower.
No I don't.

I was referring to car drivers who refuse to slow down for a truck or get enraged in doing so. That's why I asked if you were like that from your initial comment. I didn't judge.
Bad drivers are bad drivers. It's not truckers vs cars.
I do think car drivers should be assessed periodically and do classroom sessions like truckers do.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 20:02:35 »

I do think car drivers should be assessed periodically and do classroom sessions like truckers do.

I actually agree with that, even as a driver myself.

I'm quite a mellow guy, but at my angriest while driving due to the incompetence and general bad road manners of other drivers.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 20:05:50 »

Truckers gonna blame car drivers, car drivers gonna blame truckers...  This is an unwinnable debate..

Same argument as, car drivers have to "think bike" but bike riders don't "think car" when undertaking at high speed in heavy traffic..

I am a considerate car driver, to all other vehicle types, I just assume that all other vehicle drivers are idiots and will do unexplained things without notice.  This thought pattern has saved from numerous potential scrapes/accidents in the past.

Good post but I don't entirely agree. Truckers drive cars too and when there are rtc's arguments are won and lost. There are clear right and wrongs.

You obviously drive defensively and that's how I've been encouraged to drive. it's the best and safest way.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 20:15:18 »

Main principle of advanced driving isn't it. Hazard perception.

I was mainly joking by the way Arriba.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 20:17:46 »

So all you fuckers are moaning about driving standards, and you wonder I have a dash cam...

Cunts.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 20:19:52 »

Is it because you are paranoid, or s it to record your dogging sessions?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: