Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Driving thread  (Read 4793 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 13:35:38 »

What have police got to do with the way people drive?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:00:22 »

What have police got to do with the way people drive?
Do you honestly need that answering?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:03:48 »

I have to deal daily with lorry drivers pilling, totally ignoring the speed differential between me and them,  thinking that sticking your indicator on absolves you from actually paying dues care and attention when pulling out to (try to) overtake the other lorry f(or 4 miles)..

Do you hear me moaning about it?

OK yeah, you do. When I am king all lorries will be restricted to using the inside lane of the motorway between the hours of 7am and 7pm. The ones that don't like it can take solice from playing "convoy". This will lead to a mass fight over who gets to be "rubber duck".

--

Also I absolutely accept there are fuckwit car drivers. We all make mistakes. But entering the motorway from the sliproad at 30mh and then building speed up one on the motorway should be dealt with by extreme public flogging.

As should trying to overtake me at the bottom of the sliproad  where there is in fact one lane, which I am about to join the motorway from. Particularly when I can't go any faster due to the van in front.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:08:04 »

There are no road accident statistics beyond 2013 from what I can see and every year from  2005 on the numbers decrease (vehicle accident rate).
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:13:00 »

Do you honestly need that answering?

Yes

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:14:36 »

Was on the radio yesterday, sipie. Injuries and fatalities are up.

4d, less coppers means less drivers being caught being cunts

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:19:50 »

I have to deal daily with lorry drivers pilling, totally ignoring the speed differential between me and them,  thinking that sticking your indicator on absolves you from actually paying dues care and attention when pulling out to (try to) overtake the other lorry f(or 4 miles)..

Do you hear me moaning about it?

OK yeah, you do. When I am king all lorries will be restricted to using the inside lane of the motorway between the hours of 7am and 7pm.

Do you have a Typical car driver attitude?I must drive at the speed I am allowed to at all times. Sod the truck that will slow me down for a few seconds whilst it overtakes. If the lorry is just pulling out with little warning then that is unacceptable and poor drving on their part. Many car drivers won't let lorries out to overtake. I applaud those that are courteous and let us out
« Last Edit: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:21:54 by arriba » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:21:19 »

Was on the radio yesterday, sipie. Injuries and fatalities are up.

4d, less coppers means less drivers being caught being cunts

Just had a read - absolutely correct, thought the consensus is that educating people on driving behavior would be more beneficial that visible policing.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:23:27 »

I've been driving since the 80's and cannot say I've noticed any change in the numbers of traffic police. One thing we have more of than ever is traffic cameras, even the worst drivers would be aware of those.
Even if there were more traffic police around years ago, they must have been encountered once every fifty journeys by me.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:27:53 by 4D » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:26:55 »

Do you have a Typical car driver attitude?I must drive at the speed I am allowed to at all times. Sod the truck that will slow me down for a few seconds whilst it overtakes. If the lorry is just pulling out with little warning then that is unacceptable and poor drving on their part. Many car drivers won't let lorries out to overtake. I applaud those that are courteous and let us out

Quite a few truckers will use their size to 'encourage you to move out of their way'. Most trucks are driven well, it is just the minority that do this.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:39:47 »

Quite a few truckers will use their size to 'encourage you to move out of their way'. Most trucks are driven well, it is just the minority that do this.
what by indicating their intentions or just pulling out on you? There are idiots in lorries like anything else. Often it's clueless car drivers blaming truckers due to their own ignorance though.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:45:23 »

what by indicating their intentions or just pulling out on you? There are idiots in lorries like anything else. Often it's clueless car drivers blaming truckers due to their own ignorance though.

Oh, I had a run in with an eastern European trucker who indicated as I was alongside him, but he moved anyway. I had nowhere to go except stand on the brakes and fall in behind him. The prick.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:47:34 »

So you were in his blind spot...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:50:45 »

Trucker still at fault sippo. Should be more aware
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 14:53:52 »

Perhaps he had a dashcam  Smiley

Alongside, I would imagine I'd have been in his mirror.

I had a similar thing happen on the M6 with some fart towing a caravan.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: