Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Contracts  (Read 22652 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 20:17:55 »

He was apparently happy when first offered it though, then pressumably his agent had a word.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 20:52:35 »

He was apparently happy when first offered it though, then pressumably his agent had a word.
Apparently being the operative word. We've no idea what the offer is, in terms of wage, bonuses, length or how it compares to his current deal. We don't know what alternatives he has, if he has alternatives and whether they've come in recently. His celebrations the other week showed he was up for it, but doesn't preclude him from ever moving on.

We don't know if he is wanted as a core part of the side going forward, or as a fringe player. Either is plausible. His contract offer may simply be giving him the message that he'll not get the football he needs to develop.

I think we would be, by and large, disappointed to see him move on, because whilst he is erratic at times, he shows glimpses of promise. But I wouldn't bet my house on him ever being a solid and consistent performer at League One level or higher. He may do, but we haven't seen enough of him yet.

There are two sides to this. I won't begrudge any of these players for having the ability to make the best decision for their careers, whether in terms of finance or development.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 21:29:59 »

If it were Jed in charge, it would be odds on what was said to him and what was put into the actual offer would be two different things.

Its not impossible this has happened, but Power hasn't given the impression he fucks people over like that.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 21:52:07 »

Raffa's best mate at the club is Yaasser Kasim. Now if Branco goes elsewhere imho that's no great loss but if the Iraqui Pirlo gets pissed off that's a whole different story

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 23:26:05 »

Sounds like his agent has got involved.  Rafa will be back playing non league football in no time.  Just look at our expensive league two promotion winning squad.  Aside from caddis and Ritchie the rest aren't pulling up trees.  Rafa has to accept a phil smith type role or disappear into obscurity.  He is a squad player and that's all.......we could replace him 100 times over.  If he stays well he might just improve and get the gig in a season or two.

Just don't want him poisoning the squad atmosphere in the background. 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 07:08:31 »

Gladwin signing a new deal

Great news
kerry red

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 07:50:57 »

So were Reeves and Branco.

Let's hope this one actually goes through
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 08:13:24 »

Sounds like his agent has got involved.  Rafa will be back playing non league football in no time.  Just look at our expensive league two promotion winning squad.  Aside from caddis and Ritchie the rest aren't pulling up trees.  Rafa has to accept a phil smith type role or disappear into obscurity.  He is a squad player and that's all.......we could replace him 100 times over.  If he stays well he might just improve and get the gig in a season or two.

Just don't want him poisoning the squad atmosphere in the background.

How on earth having you reached the he conclusion that he is poisoning the atmosphere in the squad? What complete rubbish.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 09:01:15 »

How on earth having you reached the he conclusion that he is poisoning the atmosphere in the squad? What complete rubbish.
He hasn't,he's just said that he doesn't want him poisoning the atmosphere in the squad,not that he is. There is a difference. Personally,I hope Branco signs a new deal because if he carries on improving he's going to be an asset to us
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 09:17:05 »

Good to see Gladwin is set to sign an extended contract.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 10:12:20 »

There are two sides to this. I won't begrudge any of these players for having the ability to make the best decision for their careers, whether in terms of finance or development.

According to the BBC, Power is pissed as Branco agreed a new contract, shook on it, then changed his mind.

If he'd wanted a better deal and they couldn't agree then fine, but don't agree then go back on your word.

I'm not too worried about any player leaving, Power and Cooper have already shown they can bring decent players in almost at will. If anyone does leave I'm sure they'll find someone else.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 11:25:22 »

Good to see Gladwin is set to sign an extended contract.

I won't believe anything until he actually signs it.

We heard that Branco and Reeves were about to sign new deals about a month ago and they still haven't

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 11:32:09 »

I won't believe anything until he actually signs it.

We heard that Branco and Reeves were about to sign new deals about a month ago and they still haven't

Yeah, that's true. But Sam is confident that this isn't the case here in his article about it.

I really hope he stays. I get the feeling Ben will be loyal to Town for picking him up from the non-leagues and showing faith in him. At least for this season...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 11:41:42 »

I get the feeling Ben will be loyal to Town for picking him up from the non-leagues and showing faith in him.

Like Branco............
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 11:51:47 »

Yeah, that's true. But Sam is confident that this isn't the case here in his article about it.

I really hope he stays. I get the feeling Ben will be loyal to Town for picking him up from the non-leagues and showing faith in him. At least for this season...

Can football fans lose the romantic guff once and for all, and accept that, just like them, a player will look at the contract on offer, think about whether they could do better or not, and make a decision on that basis? Not accepting doesn't mean they're club-hating bigheads, just that they've made a calculation (which may turn out right for them or not).

Our model collapses if all our bargain buys get L1 market-rate renewals before they've got a proven resale value, so we might have to get used to more marginal players taking their chance elsewhere.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: