Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Contracts  (Read 22629 times)
kerry red

« on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:05:23 »

Something is not sitting well with me regarding the club's attitude towards players new contracts.

We've got 2 players now - both of whom the majority of fans would like to stay - in a wrangle over potential new contracts.

Branco is not the only player out of contract in the summer so why is it just him who has to sign now if he wants to carry on playing?

Reeves must also have some problem as weeks ago it was supposed to be 'i and t crossing' only.

Seems to be heavy handed and self defeating to threaten a player with non-involvement unless he signs a contract.

Wonder what the other players whose contracts are up for renewal (or not) think of things
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:25:59 »

Seems to be working, doesn't it Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:29:17 »

Seems to be working, doesn't it Wink

Exactly.

If it's not broken, don't fix. I think Mr. Power knows what he's doing.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:47:41 »

Exactly.

If it's not broken, don't fix. I think Mr. Power knows what he's doing.
I trust him more than many ex chairmen we have had, I think its fine as it is TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:32:32 »

Something is not sitting well with me regarding the club's attitude towards players new contracts.

We've got 2 players now - both of whom the majority of fans would like to stay - in a wrangle over potential new contracts.

Branco is not the only player out of contract in the summer so why is it just him who has to sign now if he wants to carry on playing?

Reeves must also have some problem as weeks ago it was supposed to be 'i and t crossing' only.

Seems to be heavy handed and self defeating to threaten a player with non-involvement unless he signs a contract.

Wonder what the other players whose contracts are up for renewal (or not) think of things

If they won't sign then that in itself tells me that they are more interested in themselves than the club and why then would a club allow a player, who will be out of contract at the end of the season, to put himself in a shop window by giving him match time? doing so only benefits the player... Power is right, in business terms why give publicity to a player who will bring no reward or return the club? Take them out of the shop window as thats where the agent wants them to be...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:36:05 »

It was nice to see Reeves and Rodgers both get some game time on Saturday though.

If we're going to be relying on them when Mass/Kas are off for Jan then I'm all up for giving them both a bit of game time.

How did they both play on Saturday to those who were there?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:41:45 »

If they won't sign then that in itself tells me that they are more interested in themselves than the club and why then would a club allow a player, who will be out of contract at the end of the season, to put himself in a shop window by giving him match time? doing so only benefits the player... Power is right, in business terms why give publicity to a player who will bring no reward or return the club? Take them out of the shop window as thats where the agent wants them to be...

But that is exactly the position with quite a few of our 'top' players whose contracts expire this summer.

They are still playing
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:47:48 »

If you listen to what Power said he says Branco has actually said he wants to leave, as far as I'm aware no one else has said this so I'd imagine that is why just Branco has been frozen out!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:52:07 »

"People can see from the outside that I'm trying to set certain standards and if you allow one person to do it, it would be an epidemic."

The buck is seemingly stopping with Branco. From what I've read, the chairman has every right to take this strict stance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:01:38 »

Hardly a surprise that it's heavy handed given how Harley and ward were treated.

We are winning so nobody cares.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:02:40 »

Power's model is based on picking up quality cheaply and cashing in at the right time. The whole thing collapses if contracts run down, so that's why he starts renegotiations early, and bins players who won't sign up. It's the only way to sustainability.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 13:28:45 »

It was nice to see Reeves and Rodgers both get some game time on Saturday though.

If we're going to be relying on them when Mass/Kas are off for Jan then I'm all up for giving them both a bit of game time.

How did they both play on Saturday to those who were there?

I'll be honest with you, neither player was tested in the time they were on the pitch. Town were keeping the ball comfortably enough against 11 men and once Notts County went down to 10, it took on the feel of an exhibition match. Town saved their legs and made sure no one else got booked or injured - sensible ahead of Xmas.

For what it's worth, Reeves looked the better of the two. Playing one-two's like they were going out of fashion!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:33:36 »

According to the OTIB forum Branco is being lined up by them because we pay seveal players really low wages (ok then!).

Also he can play in midfield.....thats a new one on me!

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/166503-raphael-rossi-branco/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:35:23 »

£350k and he's yours.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:38:20 »

That Scrumpy poster knows our finances alarmingly well. Is it Sangita Shah?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: