Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 131402 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 14:42:25 »

Don't lower yourself to it.

Corrected. Wink

Personally I've never much liked Peterborough since we lost twice to them within 3 days in April  63, during the run in to promotion. The home defeat in front of 23000+ at the CG particularly galling. We did manage to put 6 on ColU the following day mind.

That's a bit before my time Wink. I don't like them purely for how much their fans act like assholes on Twitter all the live-long day. But those two reasons for not liking a team couldn't be further apart Wink.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 14:43:15 »

This BCFC fan has just tweeted the following:

https://twitter.com/willis_86/status/534352857479532545

Thoughts? Let's put the shoe on the other foot... would we like to hear another manager say he was 'unimpressed' with Cooper and his reactions?

Personally I think Power is a legend for condemning their Gaffer's clearly unprofessional, childish and abusive way of reacting to the loss. Granted what Thompson did could be seen as unprofessional, but there are two sets of standards between how a player can present himself and a manager...

So in summary. Fuck that guy. Power is one of the best things to happen to STFC in a long time and spoke the truth.

I have no idea what that is and its probably some nonsensical cringe but can we not put this to bed now? Its nearly 48 hours after the game FFS!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 14:45:06 »

I have no idea what that is and its probably some nonsensical cringe but can we not put this to bed now? Its nearly 48 hours after the game FFS!

Fair shout. Can someone make a Posh pre-match thread now please?

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 14:54:02 »

Sort of covered in the match day thread mate.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:14:54 »

I know I should practice what I should preach, but City have now officially lodged an appeal against Elliot's red card.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:17:07 »

I know I should practice what I should preach, but City have now officially lodged an appeal against Elliot's red card.

Doesn't surprise me. What they're forgetting is that the red card BEFORE Thompson's Cheltenham red was officially apologised for, so I feel that the Cheltenham card being rescinded wasn't based solely on that one red. If that makes sense?

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:26:19 »

Doesn't surprise me. What they're forgetting is that the red card BEFORE Thompson's Cheltenham red was officially apologised for, so I feel that the Cheltenham card being rescinded wasn't based solely on that one red. If that makes sense?

Violent conduct is a red card offence. Elliot's action was violent conduct. I'd be extremely surprised if that got overturned. 

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:30:36 »

Violent conduct is a red card offence. Elliot's action was violent conduct. I'd be extremely surprised if that got overturned. 

Ahhh yeah. Of course. Good shout. Not that Nathan's reaction to the Cheltenham red was violent... 

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:35:56 »

Have we ever had this many MDT pages without losing the game? A sure sign of positivity!

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:41:52 »

Seems like a lot of city forum users are cringing now.

Nothing happened when the MK keeper was giving the middle finger a few seasons ago etc etc etc.

Clems Army!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:51:55 »

"Now having made money with CRE8 who handle the program design for most of the football league clubs, he decided to pump 1.2m into Swindon to pay their tax bill and lift a transfer embargo. He's now taken over the club full stop and reportedly rarely attends on non match days as they keep getting unwanted visitors who he tries to refuse to pay saying the debts were before he got involved so they aren't owed."

Cheesy
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:58:50 »

They are bleating to Lansdown on twitter about human rights cos they only had 3 shitters

“@chrisd11: @JonLansdown Could you make a complaint to @Official_STFC re the state of facilities in the Stratton bank on saturday”
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:01:01 »

I'm assuming they look at the referee's report as well as video footage when considering an appeal? The one thing that the video footage does seem to show clearly, is that the ref is actively watching what is going on from the moment Stephens and Elliott initially clash. In fact, he is already pointing at them at about the point that Stephens goes down.  Very unlikely to get that overturned.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:02:20 »

They are bleating to Lansdown on twitter about human rights cos they only had 3 shitters

TBH the facilities on the Stratton Bank must be pretty shameful.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:06:14 »

TBH the facilities on the Stratton Bank must be pretty shameful.

Yeah but they knew that last season ( were poor when we were allowed to use it v port vale )
No one forced them in there
Maybe next time the arkells only will do them
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: