Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 131410 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #450 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 22:54:03 »

What was the deal with all the folks who got delayed getting into the Town End at the start of the game?

Oh, and how fucking thick do you have to be to smokebomb your own keeper?

Only three turnstiles were open and there wasn't enough security to check practically everyone who was trying to get in. In the end they opened the large gates at the side and it became a free-for-all. Luckily I'd just got in by that point as it started to get uncomfortable.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 03:46:08 »

Just had a brief look at the city forum. And it was very brief....What utter mongs.

Swindle this, Swindle that, harping on about how we apparently think they are 'our big brother' and that they hope we go bust soon. I never really gave two shits about the shitheads, always looked on them with some amusement more than anything else, but now im really, really, really bathing in this victory. Bunch of yokel cunts.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 04:54:23 »

Never is
Ruins the moment to have a pop at visiting fans
Esp in a derby cup final top of table clash
We got fuck off going for the first time in years once it stopped.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
oldtownred

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:17:20 »

I thought Wilbraham had quite a decent game, but a big shift in.
He was lucky to stay on the pitch after hacking Nathan down in the corner.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:19:12 »

Can someone please translate this into sensible English?

My point was that it's your first game of the season, and you're spouting off like you own the place, ripping into people who have a different opinion than you.

I'm OK if you don't like something about your matchday experience, but don't put others down because they don't have the same strong opinions as you.

In the past, you'd turn up to football and expect nothing else. The reality today is that people expect a bit more than just a game. You don't have to agree with it, but the club has to get the next generation of people coming to the club. That includes families, who probably want a different experience than you. A little tune after a goal doesn't hurt anyone, even you.

And to be perfectly honest I'd rather the club was attracting newer fans who like goal music than fans who only show up when its a big game.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:20:27 »

And also, in the Town End we were all going mental, I couldn't even hear the song
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:41:45 »

Whilst I can quite understand some fans not liking the "glad all over" goal music, I really don't get how it ruins the moment? We went mental and no way could a burst of the Dave Clark 5 detract from that. For what its worth, my kids love it and I'd rather they sing that than the cringeworthy "la la la fuck off"!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:03:47 »

Does anyone have a really high-res version of the Thompson jump celebration? I think it needs to be displayed prominently at work Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:11:23 »

Are they really questioning  reasons for exuberant celebrations? Pass me a prawn sandwich.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:19:25 »

I assume that Cotterill in his after match press conference....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:43:28 »

Just listened to it myself. It's almost Keeganesque in its comedy value.

Having ranted on the best bit has to be:

Interviewer: Talk me through the way you saw it.

Cotterill: Well I can't do that cause i didn't see it but....
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:49:40 »

Interviewer: Talk me through the way you saw it.

Cotterill: Well I can't do that cause i didn't see it but....

So he's telling everybody that it wasn't a sending off...but he hasn't seen it !!

Classic !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Barry Scott

« Reply #462 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:58:33 »

Classic Cotterill, he's always been a bit simple. Fits the bumpkins to a T.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 10:10:57 »

Classic Cotterill, he's always been a bit simple. Fits the bumpkins to a T.

Think Cotterill has applied for the STFC job, just about every time its come up....may have even been interviewed.  Agree his basic football formula, and bonehead persona does seem a decent fit for them....sometimes it just works that way.

I thought they should have appointed Hollowhead, but he's probably a bit too bright for them.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 10:24:30 »

Haven't had a chance to read back, but what a brilliant 3 points we got on Saturday, and ending City 1982 Ltd unbeaten run. I think for me it's the fact we got stuffed at Cheltenham 5-0 the previous week and had 2 of our best players missing. Smith's goal was fantastic, the way he jigged around 3 defenders and got the ball away under his feet into the net had me in awe!

Flint is a cunt and happy to see him once again leave the CG empty handed.

The red card they're all moaning about with Stephens going down too easily; well seem to remember one of theirs milking it when 4ft Alex Pritchard 'pushed' them over and got sent off. Boo fucking hoo, you lost and you were always going to at some point.

The cup final analogy from their lot is also laughable - I'm just happy we got the 3 points, we're up to 2nd and hopefully more to come - starting with Posh on Saturday!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: