Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 130933 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #405 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:20:42 »

What is this open top bus nonsense I keep reading? Is it meant to be joke? Some of their fans think it is actually happening
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #406 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:28:06 »

What is this open top bus nonsense I keep reading? Is it meant to be joke? Some of their fans think it is actually happening
I have only read it here...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165946-swindon-town-to-stage-victory-parade-through-town-centre/

He starts with "you can't make this up".....urm you dumb fuck yes you just did it would appear.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:29:32 »

One of their fans did a mock-Adver story and it whooshed a few of them.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #408 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:33:28 »

Well yesterday was a day if two halves.

Part 1: fantastic, as we beat 1982 Ltd to end their 22 league game unbeaten run Smiley

Part 2: a bit shit, when we got home some scumbag had broken in to our house & nicked stuff Sad

At least we won, so something good happened

Sorry to hear that.  Bastards!
wigglesworth

« Reply #409 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:36:07 »

First game I've been to this season - plastic little fucker aint I  Too Cool

Good to be back though. Great atmosphere where we were in the Town End, Smiths goal had shades of Parkin's against QPR for me, complete with beserk celebrations to boot. lost it for a few seconds, at least until that horrible crystal palace song kicked in, booming out around the ground. Disgusted to see people clapping along to it, even in the town end  Suicide who can I speak to at the club about this, its bloody awful and I'm sure in no small part responsible for our reduced attendances recently.

As for the football, beautiful stuff. So impressed by our patient passing game and build up play thought Stevens was class, Byrne second half was imperious. Always looking to drive forwards. Every player looks comfortable on the ball which is something we've not been able to say since, fuck knows when.

nice to see city turned up in numbers for their cup final, although couldn't really hear them from the town end, cooper said they made a good racket so i'll take his word for it. Loved the fist pumping from branco at the end, proper riled the home crowd up. long way to go yet but yesterday felt like something could be in the air with this team. 352 in divvy three, spraying the ball around like we're fucking Barcelona or Bristol city...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:42:04 »

Highlights:

Didn't realise how close Flint was to scoring an own goal when he JUST turned Toffo's cross wide. Turned out to be a massive interception cos Smith was lurking behind him and probably would have socred. Smith got his own back in the end leaving Flint on his arse as the 1st of 3 defenders he beat for his goal. Def agree with the previous poster, that goal had shades of Super Sam against QPR. Did anybody listening to the radio hear if he mentioned it during the commentary at all??

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:51:29 »

Great result and great to see a game with some passion on and off the pitch. 

Sending off was 100% right.  I kept watching the pair of them after Stephens barged him off the ball as it was obvious that something was going to happen.  As soon as the linesman flagged he was always going to get a red.  As said in an earlier post, Stephens could easily have got a yellow.

You could see why City were unbeaten, very well organised and even in the second half when we got completely on top they were mainly limiting us to long range efforts. 

Fair play to Cooper, recognised that Byrne was getting nothing from their fullback and switched him to middle in second half which I thought was the key factor in enabling us to dominate the rest of the game.

I know managers can't be expected to be measured and impartial 30 mins after the game but Cotterill really is a complete knob.  I can't believe they will appeal once they've thought about it - if there is no decent footage it won't be overturned and if any emerges then he'll get an increased ban. 
Flashheart

« Reply #412 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 16:22:07 »

Of the Picture of Toffolo celebrating at the red, some poor aggrieved soul on OTIB says it is the most sickening thing they've seen in football.

OK then.....
lambourn red

« Reply #413 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 16:23:49 »

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:06:08 »

My old science teacher at primary school, Mr Jones, always used to say 'A picture is worth a thousand words'.  He was from Shropshire, so probably didn't have Town vs Bristol in mind when he said it.  But he was spot on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:10:22 »

Highlights:

I love watching that shot from Byrne hit the crossbar...

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:10:54 »

Of the Picture of Toffolo celebrating at the red, some poor aggrieved soul on OTIB says it is the most sickening thing they've seen in football.

OK then.....

Before the game, it's all about supremacy, shagging our women and drinking our beer.  Ninety minutes (and a 1-0 derby day defeat) later, they've all turned in to Sister Mary Agnes of the Immaculate Conception.

Poor lambs.  Impression of Bristol fans has taken a bit of a downturn during the last 24 hrs.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #417 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:11:00 »

It made an epic sound too.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:13:10 »

Highlights:

TAXI FOR FLINT!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:16:38 »

I love watching that shot from Byrne hit the crossbar...

Thankfully "our Julie" gave me access to player Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: