Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sleep. How much do you need? How much do you get?  (Read 8000 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 10:20:27 »

I usually get around 6-7 hours, the problem I really suffer with is getting off to sleep. Once I am asleep I tend to sleep well but I struggle to get off and it can occassionally be 2-3am before I go.

What really kills me though is the c.4 hours I spend commuting each day, it means that my Friday I am shattered.

I am having a big change in January going from the above to a 30 second commute to the dining room to turn a computer on, I do wonder what this will do to my sleep patterns?

Do you pedal for the commute?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 10:39:59 »

Do you pedal for the commute?

No I walk for c. 1 hour and sit on a train for c.3 hours it bloody kills me - travel just shatters me - always has done. Cycling would at least achieve something by helping my riding fitness!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 10:49:35 »

No I walk for c. 1 hour and sit on a train for c.3 hours it bloody kills me - travel just shatters me - always has done. Cycling would at least achieve something by helping my riding fitness!

Still an hour daily walk, is about the length to give you some benefit, and you'll miss it when at home....
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 10:59:27 »

I usually get around 6-7 hours, the problem I really suffer with is getting off to sleep. Once I am asleep I tend to sleep well but I struggle to get off and it can occassionally be 2-3am before I go.

What really kills me though is the c.4 hours I spend commuting each day, it means that my Friday I am shattered.

I am having a big change in January going from the above to a 30 second commute to the dining room to turn a computer on, I do wonder what this will do to my sleep patterns?

I work at home a lot, and get far more tired, than when out and about. I do sleep better though as it takes away the worry of being late in the morning!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 11:12:06 »

I work at home a lot, and get far more tired, than when out and about. I do sleep better though as it takes away the worry of being late in the morning!

Interesting, I kind of assumed it would make me less shattered - its sitting on the train which seems to tire me out!

I am planning to make sure I get out and about a bit so I don't go stir crazy or get murdered by the wife for e being under her feet all the time!

I also need to ensure I get some walking in or get out more on my bike (which is a bif objective), as I know that walking c.3 miles a day is quietly keeping weight off!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 12:43:52 »

Need 5 hours to be ok. Usually get around 6-7 and never feel like shit.
I never have a sleep that is unbroken and can't remember the last time I did. Always need a piss during the night and can be awake for an hour sometimes before drifting back off.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 16:12:12 »

I usually get about 7/8 hours, ruddy cat wakes me up a couple of times a night between 3 and 6, just for the fucking fun of it I think. Not so much since we got the cat flap though.

This, unfortunately we have someone else's cat in the house at night recently which ended up in a big fight with fur all over the place, and our cat is very wary now and seems to want reassurance!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Panda Paws

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 16:21:20 »

Seven (well, six and the cat pissing me off for an hour) does me fine in the week, 8-9 at the weekends.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 16:34:14 »

I usually get about 7/8 hours, ruddy cat wakes me up a couple of times a night between 3 and 6, just for the fucking fun of it I think. Not so much since we got the cat flap though.

If only there was a way of keeping cats out of your bedroom at night!?

Unless you've put the cat flap in your bedroom door?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 16:40:15 »

If only there was a way of keeping cats out of your bedroom at night!?

A cat scratching a door makes a bloody irritating noise
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 16:59:13 »

I'm amazed at how few hours sleep most of you need.  I get around 8-8.5 hours each night but feel properly rested after 9.

On the occasions I do have around 7, my eyes look like absolute shit and everyone tells me how tired I look.

I wonder whether we're just all different or you guys should really be sleeping more (or me less).
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 17:05:46 »

I'm amazed at how few hours sleep most of you need.  I get around 8-8.5 hours each night but feel properly rested after 9.

On the occasions I do have around 7, my eyes look like absolute shit and everyone tells me how tired I look.

I wonder whether we're just all different or you guys should really be sleeping more (or me less).

How old are you?

I reckon the older you get the less sleep you need, (apropos of nothing)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 17:22:18 »

A cat scratching a door makes a bloody irritating noise

We've got two and in nearly 10 years they've never done that once
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 17:25:24 »

We've got two and in nearly 10 years they've never done that once

My cat parenting skills are lacking in all fairness, should have given it a whack the first time it tried it but the ship has sailed on that one now.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 17:47:46 »

Easiest way to train a cat is with a water spray bottle. My boy, Picard, used to meow at the bedroom door every morning around 6am. 5 days of spray and he's never done it again.

Try not to get it in the eyes as they can get infected.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: