Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sleep. How much do you need? How much do you get?  (Read 7990 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 21:48:10 »

I used to do whole weekends... I'd sleep on the Thursday night, go to work, finish work and go back home for feeding, showering and what not. I often wouldn't sleep again until I arrived home late on Sunday to get enough kip to go to work on Monday bright and breezy*

*I wasn't usually bright and breezy on Monday at work, but that would because I didn't sleep on the Sunday night either.

There's no fucking way I could do that now.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 21:54:46 »

Need about 7ish, mostly manage about 5/6.

Then again I drink a lot of coffee at work. Benefit of working in a pub with a proper espresso machine, and also living in an area full of ex-londoners, so when I go for house calls they've all got espresso machines in their houses.

"Couldn't do without my Gaggia daaaaaahling!"
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 22:09:23 »

Need about 7ish, mostly manage about 5/6.

Then again I drink a lot of coffee at work. Benefit of working in a pub with a proper espresso machine, and also living in an area full of ex-londoners, so when I go for house calls they've all got espresso machines in their houses.

"Couldn't do without my Gaggia daaaaaahling!"
Sound like Eldene .
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 22:15:50 »

I do ok on about 6 hours sleep. More than that and it makes me feel worse if anything.

That Sleep Cycle app is worth a try. I've started using it again and I'm convinced I wake up feeling more awake and refreshed.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 22:29:36 »

I've been looking in to sleep tracking. I'm aware you can get apps for your phone but they can yield mixed results if you share a bed. I considered something like a Jawbone Up, but then I might just wait until smart watches get a bit more feature-full and plump for one of them instead.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 22:41:37 »

I read an interesting article the other day that said the best time to sleep was from 9pm to 5am due to sleep patterns and outside inflicences
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 23:33:45 »

I get about 5 or 6 hours a night through the week, weekends can be 7 or 8 depending on whether it's my day to get up with the boys, but even then I'll get another hour or two in bed once the other half is up. I don't finish work til 10pm so don't often feel ready for bed much before 12, sometimes 1am, but my youngest is up any time after 5am and the other half starts work at 8, so always up early. Coffee and Monster help me through!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 00:09:37 »

The last few weekends I've woken up on Friday morning at 6am and stayed awake until a similar time the following Sunday.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 00:26:36 »

Working on a project right now ... Been working 48 hours and only had 5 hours sleep in 72....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 00:44:00 »

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 07:55:15 »

6 hours is all I can sleep before my body decides its time to get up, always up at 6 every day unless I have a late night then sometimes its 7.

If I go to bed at 2 then I am awake by 7 no matter what, but thats only ever weekends, so 6 hours weekdays and between 5 and 6 at weekends for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 08:09:52 »

Working shifts, I get anything from 4-10 hours depending on what shift I am on, and where I am in that set.

I'm always tired, basically.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 09:33:35 »

I aim for 8 hours during the week but usually get about 6-7 hours.

I have the world's smallest bladder so have to get up in the night more often than not which annoys me and breaks up my sleep.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 09:42:39 »

I usually get about 7/8 hours, ruddy cat wakes me up a couple of times a night between 3 and 6, just for the fucking fun of it I think. Not so much since we got the cat flap though.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 10:12:11 »

I usually get around 6-7 hours, the problem I really suffer with is getting off to sleep. Once I am asleep I tend to sleep well but I struggle to get off and it can occassionally be 2-3am before I go.

What really kills me though is the c.4 hours I spend commuting each day, it means that my Friday I am shattered.

I am having a big change in January going from the above to a 30 second commute to the dining room to turn a computer on, I do wonder what this will do to my sleep patterns?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: