Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 30773 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 05:35:27 »

I'm not much of a body language expert but I don't think Phil Mickelson thinks much of Watson.
In the end it didn't need a body language expert to figure that out. Utterly classless from Mickelson. Watson may have made some poor decisions, but a man with his standing in the game deserves better than that.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 08:00:30 »

Refreshing honest from Phil I thought.

Probably not the time or place but its nice to hear genuine opinions rather than the generic responses in defeat that most would come out with .
DMR

« Reply #47 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 08:31:55 »

In the end it didn't need a body language expert to figure that out. Utterly classless from Mickelson. Watson may have made some poor decisions, but a man with his standing in the game deserves better than that.

Should Watson be exempt from criticism just because of his standing in the game? Of course not, he had a shocking Ryder Cup and he should be under the spotlight.

By your logic, you can't criticise Phil either - he's won 5 majors.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 09:39:53 »

Watson was a dreadful captain. I thought he would have them bang at it but it was the opposite. His selections were shocking and mickelson cares and told it like it is. Fair play to him.
Compare this to the detail McGinley put in and the unity of the European team. That's why they won with relative ease.

The only thing that grates me is that most of the proud European team hardly play in Europe. They should play more for the tour they represent in the Ryder cup.
DMR

« Reply #49 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 10:25:36 »

The only thing that grates me is that most of the proud European team hardly play in Europe. They should play more for the tour they represent in the Ryder cup.

Agree but given 3/4 majors, the Players and all the WGC events are in the USA, they're always going to be inclined to play over there. Coupled with the ridiculous Fedex prize money, there's no incentive to play in Europe. $1m for winning the Race to Dubai, or $10m for winning the Fedex...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 12:22:29 »

While Phil may have some valid points his outburst did smack a bit of toys firmly being fired out of pram.

"He wouldn't let me play Saturday and I wanted to therefore he's useless!"
« Last Edit: Monday, September 29, 2014, 12:37:09 by Paolo69 » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 21:34:02 »

While Phil may have some valid points his outburst did smack a bit of toys firmly being fired out of pram.

"He wouldn't let me play Saturday and I wanted to therefore he's useless!"

But he did let him play in Friday afternoon & Mickelson was rubbish.

For me his comments show the problem with the US in Ryder Cups.
They think & play as individuals and are more than happy to throw a teammate/captain under the bus if they can deflect criticism from themselves.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 22:24:08 »

I see Europe won, it was on the news.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2014, 14:23:54 »

A distinct honour for David Howell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/29538002
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 15:35:25 »

So....the questions for our resident golf chaps and chapesses.

1/ Post Brexit, should we dump the continentals and compete as UK again?  2/ Given Trump's standing in the game is the US team even more the industrial/military complex at play, especially if he becomes president, so is any contest appropriate?
« Last Edit: Monday, September 26, 2016, 15:40:53 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 15:49:44 »

1. No, it's US v Europe not US v The EU
2. Yes, Trump doesn't have a standing in the professional game, he owns a few courses/complexes.

Golf isn't politics, well aside from its outdated internal politics
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 15:57:04 »

1. No, it's US v Europe not US v The EU
2. Yes, Trump doesn't have a standing in the professional game, he owns a few courses/complexes.

Golf isn't politics, well aside from its outdated internal politics

1.  They fly the EU flag.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 16:05:11 »

1.  They fly the EU flag.

A Tour spokesman said: "In terms of the flag flown to represent the European Ryder Cup team, we consider that the blue and gold flag of Europe represents the continent of Europe and, as a broad symbol of Europe as a whole, we therefore plan to continue to use it."

http://www.espn.co.uk/golf/story/_/id/16476712/europe-ryder-cup-team-keep-eu-flag-brexit

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 16:13:31 »

A Tour spokesman said: "In terms of the flag flown to represent the European Ryder Cup team, we consider that the blue and gold flag of Europe represents the continent of Europe and, as a broad symbol of Europe as a whole, we therefore plan to continue to use it."

http://www.espn.co.uk/golf/story/_/id/16476712/europe-ryder-cup-team-keep-eu-flag-brexit

At least they've thought about it....not sure what the Farageistas at the 19th Green will make mind.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 16:33:52 »

First session and Europe are falling apart.

Rory needs to win his match, 4-0 down will be a tough start to come back from
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: